• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

It's so expensive to retire leh! We need protection of our wages!

MaxRiley

Alfrescian
Loyal
I saw this video on facebook and it's not easy to retire in SG now, we need to protect our wages!
We need to implement minimum wage! or in our case progressive wage!

If I have to become cleaner when I turn old, need some form of protection. I hope this pushes through soon for a lot more other industries like maybe F&B. Become Mcdonalds worker flip burger or at counter when I "retire" also good.
It's honest job as cleaner or at mcdonald. If not have to sell tissue to survive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obgzTDffT5I&noredirect=1

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
A minimum wage is not going to help retirement as it will just cause inflation which means your retirement funds are worth less at the time you need them the most.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
I saw this video on facebook and it's not easy to retire in SG now, we need to protect our wages!

If I have to become cleaner when I turn old, need some form of protection. I hope this pushes through soon for a lot more other industries like maybe F&B. Become Mcdonalds worker flip burger or at counter when I "retire" also good.
It's honest job as cleaner or at mcdonald. If not have to sell tissue to survive.

Sell tissues will get you more than any minimum wage, 100 sales a day would get you $3k.

GoldenPeriod

Alfrescian
Loyal
2 tier taxation system. I propose that taxes for all non-citizens are taxed at doubled the normal rate. This money will then be held in a fund to be disbursed to all citizens upon retirement.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
MaxRiley was newly registered on March 2014? 8th post thus far?

The PAP IBs are hard at work. :cool:

Brubeck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another PAP IB linking to stuff found on one of their astroturfing sites. :rolleyes:

Notice that they are constantly evangelizing for Lim Swee Say's 'Progressive Wage'. :rolleyes:

Evangelizing for Lim Swee Say ...... the stand up comedian ? :biggrin:

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A minimum wage is not going to help retirement as it will just cause inflation which means your retirement funds are worth less at the time you need them the most.

Let me give you some TIPS, gentlemen prefer blondes
In the securities markets, they opt for government bonds
Me said many times before, not one policy will cure all ills
Caused by Lightning's un-coordinated policies of the past

In Yankee Land where they have minimum wage
Uncle Sam knew that retirees will suffer inflation
TIPS were created for exactly this purpose
Treasury Inflation Protected Securities are they
Coupon is linked to inflation and retirees can relax

Howsabout Sinkieland's See Pee Elf minimum return
Be tied to inflation and you problem is somewhat solved

http://www.investopedia.com/articles/bonds/07/tips.asp

Last edited:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Agree.

Just let market adjust it self. By not bring in cheap labor FT. If bring in all FT regardless work permit/S-pass/EP/Maid levy all should paid the same levy .

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Its easier to vote them out, right? Who did you vote for the last election?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Its easier to vote them out, right? Who did you vote for the last election?

If they are voted out, Singapore will be in an even worse state. If you think the current bunch of ministers aren't up to scratch, just wait till you experience real stupidity courtesy of the current opposition parties.

LEGEND

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If they are voted out, Singapore will be in an even worse state. If you think the current bunch of ministers aren't up to scratch, just wait till you experience real stupidity courtesy of the current opposition parties.

Can't wait for it to happen! :oIo:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
wonder sell old kidney people still want or not?

Or sell old sperm cells?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Seriously, I am eagerly waiting for this cyclone to wipe you out.

MaxRiley

Alfrescian
Loyal
MaxRiley was newly registered on March 2014? 8th post thus far?

The PAP IBs are hard at work. :cool:

Sorry lah bro, I am for helping poor people, no political agendas. I am pushing out things to make sure that people make educated and informed choices to support policies when it comes to helping people out.

I strongly support helping the poor.

MaxRiley

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree.

Just let market adjust it self. By not bring in cheap labor FT. If bring in all FT regardless work permit/S-pass/EP/Maid levy all should paid the same levy .

If there is no minimum or progressive wage, who is there to help the poor people out? How can we sit back and relax to let the market "adjust" itself?
We can't just sit comfortably in our office with our comfortable wage and let the poor fend for themselves. It's not right.

Marilyn

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah Heng's face qualifies as a professional mourner ............ in hokkien, it is called the 'hao lum'

Some time back, my boss asked me to play hostess to this "hao lam bin" at an event. On the day itself, I act bimbo pretend don't recognise him...in the end, the office plp had to go entertain him. Pui!