• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

It's Official! PM Lee says that he knew that TCJ had been fucking Cheng Li Hui since Feb!

Eisenhut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just make affairs acceptable in the PAP code of ethics and there will be no need for any further sackings for this perfectly normal activity.

We are well into the 21st century. The prudish era has long passed.

According to LKY logic, actually PAP ministers must be given sex allowance for gigolos and sugar babies and special laws, so that they will not be corrupted due to sex desire

Gangster

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tan-Chuan-Jin-Takes-Running-For-Election-Literally-Photoshop-Battle-Has-Us-In-Stitches-1200x675.jpg

no more running?

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tan Chuan-Jin, Cheng Li Hui continued 'inappropriate relationship' even after being told to stop: PM Lee
Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong was first alerted to their relationship after the 2020 General Election.

Tan Chuan-Jin, Cheng Li Hui continued 'inappropriate relationship' even after being told to stop: PM Lee
File photos of Speaker of Parliament Tan Chuan-Jin and MP Cheng Li Hui. They resigned from the People's Action Party and parliament on Jul 17, 2023, after an affair which first came to Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong's attention in 2020.…see more
Ang Hwee Min
SINGAPORE: Former Speaker of Parliament Tan Chuan-Jin had been in an “inappropriate relationship” with fellow People’s Action Party (PAP) Member of Parliament Cheng Li Hui, which continued even after they were asked to stop, said Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong on Monday (Jul 17).

Advertisement
At a press conference held the same day, Mr Lee said he had spoken to Mr Tan about this relationship most recently in February. The latter admitted his mistake and offered his resignation at the time.

Later, responding to a question on the timeline of the incident, Mr Lee said he was first alerted to the relationship between Mr Tan and Ms Cheng after the last General Election in 2020.

"I do not know when it began, but they were spoken to, counselled. Unfortunately, the matter didn't close and so it came to the hard conversation we had in February this year."

After their conversation in February, Mr Lee had accepted Mr Tan’s resignation.

“But I told him, first, I needed to make sure the residents of Kembangan-Chai Chee and Marine Parade continued to be taken care of,” said Mr Lee.

Advertisement
“Meanwhile his relationship with Ms Cheng had to stop.”

But “very recently”, Mr Lee came across information that “strongly suggested” that Mr Tan and Ms Cheng’s relationship had continued.

“I decided then that Mr Tan had to go forthwith, whether or not the arrangements were ready. It could not wait any longer.”

Around the same time, the video clip of Mr Tan caught on a hot mic using unparliamentary language was circulating.

“I asked to see him," said Mr Lee. "During our discussion, he agreed to leave immediately - both for his unparliamentary conduct as well as his inappropriate relationship with Ms Cheng, which he had told me he would break off but he did not.”

Advertisement
Their inappropriate relationship was a “more serious matter” than Mr Tan’s unparliamentary language because he was the Speaker of Parliament and Ms Cheng was a Member of Parliament, said the Prime Minister.

“There should not have been a relationship,” he added.

Ms Cheng had also been counselled by Mr Lee in February, but "nevertheless ... continued the relationship with Mr Tan".

When asked about why the relationship was allowed to go on after he found out about it after the 2020 General Election, the Prime Minister said party members spoke to both Mr Tan and Ms Cheng from when they first learnt about it, until February this year.

"We hoped that they would put things right, but unfortunately they did not."

Advertisement
Mr Lee said he would nominate a new Speaker and make a ministerial statement at the next parliament sitting on Aug 1.

In the meantime, Deputy Speaker of Parliament Jessica Tan will be Acting Speaker.

Minister for Culture, Community and Youth Edwin Tong will oversee Kembangan-Chai Chee residents in Mr Tan's Marine Parade constituency, while Minister for Social and Family Development Masagos Zulkifli will take care of Ms Cheng's Tampines East residents, said Mr Lee.

In his letter of resignation, Mr Tan said the incident involving his use of unparliamentary language in the House had added to the hurt he caused his family.

"I have let them down," he wrote in his letter to the Prime Minister, dated Jul 17.

"There are areas where I have fallen short. I need to take responsibility for them and help heal my family. We need space to recover and work through the issues. I have discussed the matter with my wife and agreed I must step away from politics and devote myself to my family."

Mr Tan, 54, is married with two children while Ms Cheng, 47, is not married.

Ms Cheng, who had been MP for Tampines since her political debut in 2015, said in her letter to the Prime Minister that she was "very sorry to be resigning in these circumstances".

Mr Lee said at Monday's press conference that he was saddened "to discover that these two PAP MPs have fallen short of the high standard of propriety and personal conduct that we expect from all PAP MPs”.

“When such a situation arises, it is my duty as secretary general of the party to deal with them and put things right. This means to counsel, to correct, to admonish, and ultimately, if necessary, to remove the MP from the party and parliament," he said.

“It is painful to do this to our friends and comrades-in-arms, and it can also be politically embarrassing and costly. But the PAP has to maintain party discipline and standard of conduct. Our duty is to parliament and the people of Singapore, and that is paramount.”

Source: CNA/hw(jo)

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
Beauty is really depend on the eye of the beholder. I totally do not find her attractive at all and very surprise she is able to have an affair.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mr Tan, 54, is married with two children while Ms Cheng, 47, is not married.

If neither one were married, I bet the PAP regime wouldn't have made a fuss about it. :wink:

It needs to impress upon the daft voters that it is 'moral' or 'pro family values'. Such virtue signalling resonates with segments of their stupid support base. :cool:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Loong shd reform marriage... bigamy is ok... up to 8 wife... better than Muslim... then will see many muud denouncement Islam faith... free thinker faith.... 4 is not enough...
May be 2 to 4.
It should be RENOUNCE not "denouncement" or denounce.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If neither one were married, I bet the PAP regime wouldn't have made a fuss about it. :wink:

It needs to impress upon the daft voters that it is 'moral' or 'pro family values'. Such virtue signalling resonates with segments of their stupid support base. :cool:
It looks they did not penalize a former Minister surname L