• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious It's Official! Incoming Ballistic Missile Aimed For Hawaii!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Shortly after 8 a.m. local time Saturday, scores of Hawaii residents received an emergency cellphone alert with an alarming message: “BALLISTIC MISSILE THREAT INBOUND TO HAWAII. SEEK IMMEDIATE SHELTER. THIS IS NOT A DRILL.”

The message, reportedly sent by the Hawaii Emergency Management Agency in error, would turn out to be a false alarm, officials said. Nevertheless, it would take 38 minutes for authorities to clear up the mistake with a follow-up alert.

The time in between sparked a brief panic in a state where fears of an attack by North Korea have been heightened in recent months. Residents and tourists reported seeking shelter, frantically gathering supplies, and calling and texting loved ones to say their goodbyes. Afterward, there was widespread anger at the false alarm, as Hawaii officials vowed to get to the bottom of how an error of such magnitude had been made.

6EBWF2EJDM6KPAT5DQV3UWO6AI.png

According to screenshots, the initial alert urging people to seek shelter was sent out around 8:07 a.m. local time. Courtney McLaughlin, a wedding coordinator on Kauai island, said the alerts quickly turned a serene Saturday morning into “mass hysteria” on the roads.

“My boyfriend was like, ‘Who do we sue for this?’ We don’t just need an apology, we need an explanation. Someone could have had a heart attack,” McLaughlin, 29, said. “It took something that’s kind of incomprehensible and very quickly made it very personal. All of a sudden going through your mind is, ‘Is this the end of my life?’ I called my mom, I called my dad, I called my brother and basically said my goodbyes.”

Honolulu resident Noah Tom was picking up breakfast for a meeting when he heard of the alerts. Thinking he might only have 15 to 20 minutes before a missile strike, Tom considered how his family was split up among three locations: He had just dropped off his oldest daughter at the airport, while his two younger children were at home. His wife was already at work.

“I literally sent out ‘I love you’ texts to as many family members as I could. It was all kind of surreal at that point,” Tom, 48, told The Washington Post. He made the difficult decision of turning the car toward home, where his two youngest children were. “I figured it was the largest grouping of my family.”

At 8:20 a.m. local time, the Hawaii Emergency Management Agency tweeted there was ‘NO missile threat’ to the state. But it wouldn’t be until 8:45 a.m. local time that an additional cellphone alert was sent to Hawaii residents advising them that the first warning had been a false alarm.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ssile-threat-messages/?utm_term=.530963333ae8

war is best form of peace

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kim Jong Nuke has extra good appetite for breakfast this morning upon this good joke. But he KNN really need to go for exercises. I suggest he climb up his ICBM TEL Truck to polish the Missiles just to burn calories.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Kim Jong Nuke has extra good appetite for breakfast this morning upon this good joke. But he KNN really need to go for exercises. I suggest he climb up his ICBM TEL Truck to polish the Missiles just to burn calories.

Kim has no red button to push. Dotard on the other hand, has plenty of real nukes to fire off at both North Korea and Chinkland. The two countries are playing Dotard.

SeeFartLoong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kim has no red button to push. Dotard on the other hand, has plenty of real nukes to fire off at both North Korea and Chinkland. The two countries are playing Dotard.

Kim has the world's latest and newest nuke while USA the oldest. Kim in person and hands on in everything involving nukes, supervising at close range every details and never slack. No world leader is like this guy - extra-ultra-on-the-ball. Dotard has huge problem with nuke, his peasants want to castrate his nuke authority, his congress want law to restrict his nuke power, his nuke command general want to pull the plug off his nuke button. Not even a single other US president is down to this stage.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nuke hawaii for fuck? Got gold? Got women? Got oil? Simi lj also dont have, nuke hawaii for fuck?

Suggestioh, go for washington dc, and california on west side. New york on east side. Maximum damage. Knn, this type simple case need linpeh to give advice

roti_island

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nuke hawaii for fuck? Got gold? Got women? Got oil? Simi lj also dont have, nuke hawaii for fuck?

Suggestioh, go for washington dc, and california on west side. New york on east side. Maximum damage. Knn, this type simple case need linpeh to give advice

Yes pick all the huge mass population centers whack Jia Lat Jia Lat that is the only way.

swine_flu_H1H1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Play Video
2:22

Hawaii Democrat: false missile alarm shows Trump failure on North Korea
Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard says state takes blame for panic but claims it revealed flaws in White House approach to nuclear-armed Pyongyang

Martin Pengelly

Sun 14 Jan 2018 17.28 GMTFirst published on Sun 14 Jan 2018 16.13 GMT

Shares

The false alarm about a ballistic missile strike that terrified Hawaiians on Saturday showed Donald Trump’s policy on North Korea is wrong, a Democratic US representative from the state said on Sunday.

“What makes me angry,” Tulsi Gabbard told CNN’s State of the Union, “is that yes this false alarm went out and we have to fix that in Hawaii but really we’ve got to get to the underlying issue here, of why are the people of Hawaii and the US facing a nuclear threat coming from North Korea?

Advertisement
“And what is this president doing, urgently, to eliminate that threat?”

Trump was on the golf course in Florida when the alert went out on Saturday morning, Hawaiian time. The alert text read: “Ballistic missile threat inbound to Hawaii. Seek immediate shelter. This is not a drill.”

“It was definitely kind of a panic zone,” Ashley Trask, 39 and from Kauai, told the Guardian. “Everyone knows you have about 15 minutes until detonation and no one knows where it will land.”

Family members “called us and they were crying because they realized they wouldn’t have made it to us”, Trask said.

Beth Ann Brooks of Haleiwa said she and her husband sheltered in their bathroom with their children.

“The fear I felt was unlike anything I’ve ever experienced,” she said.

The alert sent out in Hawaii. Photograph: Hawaii Emergency Management Agency
It took 38 minutes for state authorities to send a second message saying the alert was an error. Governor David Ige told CNN the false alarm was “a mistake made during a standard procedure at the change over of a shift, and an employee pushed the wrong button”.

On Sunday, Gabbard said “‘traumatic’ understates the experience that the people of Hawaii went through” and added that the person responsible for the alert should be held accountable.

Hawaii Emergency Management Agency administrator Vern Miyagi said he took responsibility and officials would study the error. Ajit Pai, chair of the Federal Communications Commission Chairman, said he would launch an investigation.

Quick guide
Are US defences strong enough to ward off North Korean missiles?
Advertisement
As tension between the Trump White House and nuclear-armed Pyongyang has risen, Trump trading public insults with Kim Jong-un and bragging about the size of his “nuclear button”, fears that North Korea could reach US territory with a nuclear weapon have surged.

“Hawaii has just started a few months ago these monthly nuclear attack sirens as a test,” Gabbard said, “telling people, ‘You hear the siren, you’ve got 15 minutes to seek shelter.’”

“So people who got this message yesterday, they’re literally going through this feeling of, ‘I’ve got minutes to find my loved ones, to say my last goodbyes, to figure out where I could possibly find shelter that will protect them from a nuclear attack.’ And not having an answer to those questions.

“This was unacceptable that it happened but it really highlights the stark reality that the people of Hawaii are facing.”

Gabbard, a military veteran and member of the House armed services and foreign affairs committees, added: “I’ve been calling on President Trump to negotiate directly with North Korea, to sit across the table from Kim Jong-un, work out the differences so that we can build a pathway towards denuclearisation, to remove this threat.”

There should be no preconditions to such talks, Gabbard said, which meant that North Korea should not have to give up its nuclear weapons first as the US demands. Washington should assure Pyongyang it is not pursuing regime change, she said.

Tulsi Gabbard: ‘What is this president doing, urgently, to eliminate that threat?’ Photograph: J Scott Applewhite/AP
The White House responded to the false alarm by releasing a statement that said Trump had been briefed. The statement also placed blame on Hawaii, saying the alarm was “purely a state exercise”.

Brian Schatz, a Democratic US senator from Hawaii, said on Saturday “this system failed miserably and we need to start over” and added that he would work with the US military’s Pacific command “on an after-action process to make sure that this process gets fixed”.

“This is a state responsibility but we will take collective action,” Schatz tweeted.

Homeland security secretary Kirstjen Nielsen told Fox News Sunday the error was “very unfortunate”. People should still abide by such alerts, she said.

Trump mentioned North Korea and Kim on Sunday morning, but only in the context of a tweet complaining of a complaint about an alleged reporting error by a mainstream news outlet.

“The Wall Street Journal stated falsely that I said to them ‘I have a good relationship with Kim Jong Un” (of N. Korea),’” the president wrote. “Obviously I didn’t say that. I said ‘I’d have a good relationship with Kim Jong Un,’ a big difference.

“Fortunately we now record conversations with reporters and they knew exactly what I said and meant. They just wanted a story. FAKE NEWS!”

The Journal interview was published on Thursday, under the headline “Donald Trump Signals Openness to North Korea Diplomacy in Interview”.

According to the transcript published on the paper’s website, Trump said: “I probably have a very good relationship with Kim Jong-un of North Korea.”

Trump was asked if he had spoken to Kim.

“I don’t want to comment on it,” he was quoted as saying. “I’m not saying I have or haven’t. I just don’t want to comment.”

A White House official told Reuters on Sunday the delay in publicly disputing the Journal’s account was caused by a failed attempt to get the paper to correct its story.

• Additional reporting by Julia Carrie Wong and Liz Barney
Since you’re here …