• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious It's Official! Bean Curd Is Meat! Ask Any Chink Economy Rice Stall!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1694569417371.png

A woman was baffled when she was charged $6.70 for her economy rice at Kopitiam food court at Hougang 1 shopping mall on Sunday (Sept 10).

Stomper Jayne had ordered rice with steamed pork, steamed egg, braised beancurd skin, and sausage with potatoes from the Chang Cheng mixed rice stall at around 12.39pm.

She said: "I was charged $6.70. When I asked why so expensive as I ordered only three vegetables and one meat, the stall worker told me that it was two vegetables and two meats.

"Curious, I asked if the sausage was considered meat. The worker said no, the beancurd skin is considered meat. Surprised, I doubled checked with the female worker and she said, 'Yes, beancurd is meat.'

"I wonder why beancurd is sold as meat? It is so cheap and I thought it is vegetarian."

Jayne also pointed out that she was given only four pieces of steamed pork and there were no other ingredients, meat or otherwise, with the beancurd.

She said: "The beancurd skin is clearly braised with only dark sauce. How come they sell it as meat?"

The Stomper feels that $5+ would be a reasonable price for her meal.

She added: "I have ordered from this stall a few times before and the price had always been fair, considering that this is a food court.

"However, it's a bit ridiculous this time. Even if it was two vegetables and two real meats, $6.70 is still a bit more expensive than what I usually pay.

"Recently, a lot of my friends dare not order preserved vegetables at economy rice stalls as it's counted as meat. Some stalls have pork with the preserved vegetables but others only have pork fat inside. If it's counted as meat price, we prefer to just order fried pork slices."

https://stomp.straitstimes.com/sing...at-woman-charged-670-for-meal-at-hougang-food

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
most of the time all these workers overcharge and put in their own pockets without the boss knowing, its free money and most sinkees will keep quiet if the price is not overly ridiculous....piece of cake....sorry i meant toufu

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
View attachment 188684

A woman was baffled when she was charged $6.70 for her economy rice at Kopitiam food court at Hougang 1 shopping mall on Sunday (Sept 10).

Stomper Jayne had ordered rice with steamed pork, steamed egg, braised beancurd skin, and sausage with potatoes from the Chang Cheng mixed rice stall at around 12.39pm.

She said: "I was charged $6.70. When I asked why so expensive as I ordered only three vegetables and one meat, the stall worker told me that it was two vegetables and two meats.

"Curious, I asked if the sausage was considered meat. The worker said no, the beancurd skin is considered meat. Surprised, I doubled checked with the female worker and she said, 'Yes, beancurd is meat.'

"I wonder why beancurd is sold as meat? It is so cheap and I thought it is vegetarian."

Jayne also pointed out that she was given only four pieces of steamed pork and there were no other ingredients, meat or otherwise, with the beancurd.

She said: "The beancurd skin is clearly braised with only dark sauce. How come they sell it as meat?"

The Stomper feels that $5+ would be a reasonable price for her meal.

She added: "I have ordered from this stall a few times before and the price had always been fair, considering that this is a food court.

"However, it's a bit ridiculous this time. Even if it was two vegetables and two real meats, $6.70 is still a bit more expensive than what I usually pay.

"Recently, a lot of my friends dare not order preserved vegetables at economy rice stalls as it's counted as meat. Some stalls have pork with the preserved vegetables but others only have pork fat inside. If it's counted as meat price, we prefer to just order fried pork slices."

https://stomp.straitstimes.com/sing...at-woman-charged-670-for-meal-at-hougang-food
Only consumer is the veg carrot head

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
If they serve vegetable curry with toufu, it's enough with rice. Best
Tuofu best to fast fried with Szechuan dried chilli + mapo paste + soy paste + rice wine to add to fragance..

If atas abit, can add Lee Kum Qee Oyster sauce pRemium

bigozt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually after Covid every1 cooking skill up one. Should cook ourselves, put rice stalls out of action!

SinkieExile

Alfrescian
Loyal
Should have just boycotted and straight away walked off.

The moment the worker can blatantly say sausage inside potato dish doesn't make that meat, but beancurd skin is somehow meat, should already know they talking CB bird talk.

They lucky is in SG. Any other country around in ASEAN they do this kind of shit, next day come back their whole stall kana burn down.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Consider all Chang Cheng 'kopitiams' as non aircon food courts owned by F&B cronies.

Same for Koufu, Kim San Leng, S11, Kopitiam Group.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kimly also. actually Kimly is co-owned by Temasek

https://insideretail.asia/2017/03/22/kimly-ipo-generates-43-5-million/

As the first coffee-shop company to list on the Singapore Exchange, Kimly generated gross proceeds of S$43.5 million (US$31.1 million) from its IPO.

Temasek Holdings unit Heliconia Capital Management was a cornerstone investor in the pre-IPO round.

Kimly’s entire 173.8 million share offering was 8.3 times subscribed, with the public tranche of 3.8 million shares subscribed 336 times.