• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

It would be stupid indeed to purposely let this great cultural tradition die

HakkaThaileen

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Dialets Make Business Sense" -

Full article by Ang Kian Chuan (The Straits Times 9 Mar 09):

http://www.straitstimes.com/ST+Forum/Story/STIStory_347684.html

I have been actively learning and using dialects (Hokkien, Cantonese, Teochew, Hakka, Hainanese) all this while and I fully share the view expressed by the writer on the subject of dialects speaking.

One good way to learn Cantonese is to watch the Cantonese TV serials produced in Hong Kong. You can find good quality Cantonese spoken by actors and actresses in the Cantonese drama serials. However, I stopped subscribing the cable TV programme many years ago after learning that even dialect programmes are greatly curtailed in the paid TV channels.

Well done, Mr Ang!

Last edited: