• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious It Changed My Life: She gives up high-flying career and five-figure salary to pursue mindfulness

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Caring for a mother who had dementia, and later coping with her death, took a big toll emotionally. Her marriage collapsed. Years of emotional bullying and work stress brought on by difficult bosses made matters worse. "Many PMETs suffer in silence," the 55-year-old says, referring to professionals, managers, executives and technicians. "Because I was high-functioning, people didn't know I was depressed."

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/she-gives-up-high-flying-career-to-pursue-mindfulness

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
what is mindfulness?

To put it very simply it is about living in the moment and learning to appreciate the here and now. I have been practicing mindfulness for the last 3 years and it has done wonders for me too.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mindfulness is about focusing on the present moment. The best way to practise mindfulness is go to the cemetery and pay quiet respect to your deceased loved one. There, you get the sense of the brevity of life and the preciousness of the present moment. Everything in life is ordered with the right perspective especially when you realize that you cannot escape the inevitable.