• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Issue of nurses wearing tudung discussed 6 months ago: Shanmugam

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
She is hot...y cant minahs emulate her? Is she a mudslime?

Marwa Elselehdar: 'I was blamed for blocking the Suez Canal'
Share this with EmailShare this with FacebookShare this with TwitterShare this with Whatsapp
Marwa Elselehdar
Image caption Marwa Elselehdar is Egypt's first female ship's captain
Last month, Marwa Elselehdar noticed something strange.

News had broken about a huge container ship, the Ever Given, that had become wedged across the Suez Canal, bringing one of world's major shipping routes to a halt.

But as she checked her phone, online rumours were saying she was to blame.

"I was shocked," says Marwa, Egypt's first female ship's captain.

At the time of the Suez blockage, Ms Elselehdar was working as a first mate, in command of the Aida IV, hundreds of miles away in Alexandria.

The vessel, owned by Egypt's maritime safety authority, runs supply missions to a lighthouse in the Red Sea. It's also used to train cadets from the Arab Academy for Science, Technology and Maritime Transport (AASTMT), a regional university run by the Arab League.

Rumours about Marwa Elselehdar's role on the Ever Given were largely spurred by screenshots of a fake news headline - supposedly published by Arab News - which said she was involved in the Suez incident.

The doctored image appears to be from a genuine Arab News story, released on 22 March, which profiles Marwa's success as Egypt's first female ship captain. The picture has been shared dozens of times on Twitter and Facebook.

Several Twitter accounts under her name have also spread false claims that she was in involved with the Ever Given.

Marwa Elselehdar, 29, told the BBC she has no idea who first spread the story or why they did it.

"I felt that I might be targeted maybe because I'm a successful female in this field or because I'm Egyptian, but I'm not sure," she said.

It's not the first time she's faced challenges in an industry historically dominated by men. At present, women only account of 2% of the world's seafarers, according to the International Maritime Organisation.

Image copyright Marwa Elselehdar
Image caption
Marwa Elselehdar says she feels encouraged by some of the response she's had to the false rumours
Marwa says she's always loved the sea, and was inspired to join the merchant navy after her brother enrolled at the AASTMT.

Though the academy only accepted men at the time, she applied anyway and was granted permission to join after a legal review by Egypt's then-President Hosni Mubarak.

During her studies, Ms Elselehdar says she faced sexism at every turn.

"Onboard, they were all older men with different mentalities, so it was difficult not to be able to find like-minded people to communicate with," she says. "It was challenging to go through this alone and be able to overcome it without affecting my mental health."

"People in our society still don't accept the idea of girls working in the sea away from their families for a long time," she adds. "But when you do what you love, it is not necessary for you to seek the approval of everyone."

After graduating, Marwa rose to the rank of first mate, and captained the Aida IV when it became the first vessel to navigate the newly-expanded Suez Canal in 2015. At the time, she was the youngest and first female Egyptian captain to cross the waterway.

In 2017 she was also honoured by President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi during Egypt's Women's Day celebrations.

Video caption
The stranded container ship is seen finally on the move and no longer blocking the canal
When rumours emerged about her role in the Suez blockage, she feared for the impact it would have on her work.

"This fake article was in English so it spread in other countries," says Ms Elselehdar. "I tried so hard to negate what was in the article because it was affecting my reputation and all the efforts I exerted to be where I am now."

But she says she feels encouraged by some of the response.

"The comments on the article were very negative and harsh but there were so many other supportive comments from ordinary people and people I work with," she says. "I decided to focus on all the support and love I'm getting, and my anger turned to gratefulness."

"Also, it is worth mentioning that I became even more famous than before," she adds.

Next month Marwa Elselehdar will be taking her final exam to attain a full rank of captain, and hopes she can continue to be a role model for women in the industry.

"My message to females who want to be in the maritime field is fight for what you love and not let any negativity to affect you," says Marwa.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Give the mudslimes their Tudung and the full sharia law..i mean they so pious..why stop at only the Tudung? Why not 4 wives? Child marriage? Womens circumcision? Take the whole thing lah..

SHARIA LAW — LIST OF KEY RULES — What Is Sharia Law?
Shariah law
Islam's Sharia law is cast from the words of Muhammad, called "hadith," his actions, called "sunnah," and the Quran, which he dictated. The Sharia law itself cannot be altered but its interpretation, called "fiqh," by muftis (Islamic jurists) is given some latitude.

As a legal system, the Sharia law is exceptionally broad. While other legal codes regulate public behavior, Sharia regulates public behavior, private behavior, and even private beliefs. Compared to other legal codes, the Sharia law also prioritizes punishment over rehabilitation and favors corporal and capital punishments over incarceration. Of all legal systems in the world today, the Sharia law is the most intrusive and restrictive, especially against women. According to the Sharia law (see the links for details):

• Theft is punishable by amputation of the hands (Quran 5:38).
• Criticizing or denying any part of the Quran is punishable by death.
• Criticizing Muhammad or denying that he is a prophet is punishable by death.
• Criticizing or denying Allah is punishable by death (see Allah moon god).
• A Muslim who becomes a non-Muslim is punishable by death (See Compulsion).
• A non-Muslim who leads a Muslim away from Islam is punishable by death.
• A non-Muslim man who marries a Muslim woman is punishable by death.
• A woman or girl who has been raped cannot testify in court against her rapist(s).
• Testimonies of 4 male witnesses are required to prove rape of a female (Quran 24:13).
• A woman or girl who alleges rape without producing 4 male witnesses is guilty of adultery.
• A woman or girl found guilty of adultery is punishable by death (see "Islamophobia").
• A male convicted of rape can have his conviction dismissed by marrying his victim.
• Muslim men have sexual rights to any woman/girl not wearing the Hijab (see Taharrush).
• A woman can have 1 husband, who can have up to 4 wives; Muhammad can have more.
• A man can marry an infant girl and consummate the marriage when she is 9 years old.
• Girls' clitoris should be cut (Muhammad's words, Book 41, Kitab Al-Adab, Hadith 5251).
• A man can beat his wife for insubordination (see Quran 4:34 and Religion of Peace).
• A man can unilaterally divorce his wife; a wife needs her husband's consent to divorce.
• A divorced wife loses custody of all children over 6 years of age or when they exceed it.
• A woman's testimony in court, allowed in property cases, carries ½ the weight of a man's.
• A female heir inherits half of what a male heir inherits (see Mathematics in Quran).
• A woman cannot speak alone to a man who is not her husband or relative.
• Meat to eat must come from animals that have been sacrificed to Allah - i.e., be "Halal."
• Muslims should engage in Taqiyya and lie to non-Muslims to advance Islam.
• Continue...

Which countries use the Sharia law?

Muslims' aspired Sharia state is the birthplace of Muhammad that has no legal code other than the Sharia law and enforces it without mercy: Saudi Arabia. But as detailed below, the Sharia law is also used in full or in part, nationally or regionally in:

Afghanistan (89%)** France* Lebanon Spain*
Algeria Gambia Malaysia (86%)** Sudan
Austria* Germany* Maldives Sri Lanka
Bahrain Ghana Mauritania Syria
Bangladesh (82%)** India Morocco (83%)** Tanzania
Brunei Indonesia (72%)** The Netherlands* Thailand (77%)**
Canada* Iran Nigeria Uganda
Comoros Iraq (91%)** Oman United Arab Emirates
Djibouti (82%)** Jordan (71%)** Pakistan (84%)** United States (USA)*
Egypt (74%)** Kenya Qatar United Kingdom (UK)*
Eritrea Kuwait Saudi Arabia W. Bank & Gaza (89%)**
Ethiopia Libya Somalia Yemen
* In the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, and other European countries that resist the Sharia law, it has proven adept at infiltrating elements of the society that are left vulnerable (see Sharia law in America and Islamization of America).

** Percent of Muslims who favor making Sharia the official law in their country (source: Pew Forum Research). In many countries where an official secular legal system exists alongside the Sharia law, the majority of their Muslim citizens favor making Sharia the official law. For example, while Egypt's military blocked the Muslim Brotherhood's efforts in this direction in 2013, 74% of Egypt's Muslims still favor it. Even in Jordan, Indonesia and Malaysia - Muslim countries with progressive images - the relatively secular ruling elite sit atop Muslim masses, 71%, 72% and 86% respectively of whom want their countries to be ruled by Sharia. And in Iraq, where the United States has been propping up democracy since 2003, 91% of its Muslims want to live under the Sharia law.

The number of countries penetrated by Sharia law continues to grow, as does the depth of its penetration in the countries already affected. This penetration is not by happenstance; it is managed to occur in five phases: see Spread of Islam and the 10 steps to Stop Islam.

SHARIA LAW — LIST OF KEY RULES — What Is Sharia Law?
Shariah law
Islam's Sharia law is cast from the words of Muhammad, called "hadith," his actions, called "sunnah," and the Quran, which he dictated. The Sharia law itself cannot be altered but its interpretation, called "fiqh," by muftis (Islamic jurists) is given some latitude.

As a legal system, the Sharia law is exceptionally broad. While other legal codes regulate public behavior, Sharia regulates public behavior, private behavior, and even private beliefs. Compared to other legal codes, the Sharia law also prioritizes punishment over rehabilitation and favors corporal and capital punishments over incarceration. Of all legal systems in the world today, the Sharia law is the most intrusive and restrictive, especially against women. According to the Sharia law (see the links for details):

• Theft is punishable by amputation of the hands (Quran 5:38).
• Criticizing or denying any part of the Quran is punishable by death.
• Criticizing Muhammad or denying that he is a prophet is punishable by death.
• Criticizing or denying Allah is punishable by death (see Allah moon god).
• A Muslim who becomes a non-Muslim is punishable by death (See Compulsion).
• A non-Muslim who leads a Muslim away from Islam is punishable by death.
• A non-Muslim man who marries a Muslim woman is punishable by death.
• A woman or girl who has been raped cannot testify in court against her rapist(s).
• Testimonies of 4 male witnesses are required to prove rape of a female (Quran 24:13).
• A woman or girl who alleges rape without producing 4 male witnesses is guilty of adultery.
• A woman or girl found guilty of adultery is punishable by death (see "Islamophobia").
• A male convicted of rape can have his conviction dismissed by marrying his victim.
• Muslim men have sexual rights to any woman/girl not wearing the Hijab (see Taharrush).
• A woman can have 1 husband, who can have up to 4 wives; Muhammad can have more.
• A man can marry an infant girl and consummate the marriage when she is 9 years old.
• Girls' clitoris should be cut (Muhammad's words, Book 41, Kitab Al-Adab, Hadith 5251).
• A man can beat his wife for insubordination (see Quran 4:34 and Religion of Peace).
• A man can unilaterally divorce his wife; a wife needs her husband's consent to divorce.
• A divorced wife loses custody of all children over 6 years of age or when they exceed it.
• A woman's testimony in court, allowed in property cases, carries ½ the weight of a man's.
• A female heir inherits half of what a male heir inherits (see Mathematics in Quran).
• A woman cannot speak alone to a man who is not her husband or relative.
• Meat to eat must come from animals that have been sacrificed to Allah - i.e., be "Halal."
• Muslims should engage in Taqiyya and lie to non-Muslims to advance Islam.
• Continue...

Which countries use the Sharia law?

Muslims' aspired Sharia state is the birthplace of Muhammad that has no legal code other than the Sharia law and enforces it without mercy: Saudi Arabia. But as detailed below, the Sharia law is also used in full or in part, nationally or regionally in:

Afghanistan (89%)** France* Lebanon Spain*
Algeria Gambia Malaysia (86%)** Sudan
Austria* Germany* Maldives Sri Lanka
Bahrain Ghana Mauritania Syria
Bangladesh (82%)** India Morocco (83%)** Tanzania
Brunei Indonesia (72%)** The Netherlands* Thailand (77%)**
Canada* Iran Nigeria Uganda
Comoros Iraq (91%)** Oman United Arab Emirates
Djibouti (82%)** Jordan (71%)** Pakistan (84%)** United States (USA)*
Egypt (74%)** Kenya Qatar United Kingdom (UK)*
Eritrea Kuwait Saudi Arabia W. Bank & Gaza (89%)**
Ethiopia Libya Somalia Yemen
* In the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, and other European countries that resist the Sharia law, it has proven adept at infiltrating elements of the society that are left vulnerable (see Sharia law in America and Islamization of America).

** Percent of Muslims who favor making Sharia the official law in their country (source: Pew Forum Research). In many countries where an official secular legal system exists alongside the Sharia law, the majority of their Muslim citizens favor making Sharia the official law. For example, while Egypt's military blocked the Muslim Brotherhood's efforts in this direction in 2013, 74% of Egypt's Muslims still favor it. Even in Jordan, Indonesia and Malaysia - Muslim countries with progressive images - the relatively secular ruling elite sit atop Muslim masses, 71%, 72% and 86% respectively of whom want their countries to be ruled by Sharia. And in Iraq, where the United States has been propping up democracy since 2003, 91% of its Muslims want to live under the Sharia law.

The number of countries penetrated by Sharia law continues to grow, as does the depth of its penetration in the countries already affected. This penetration is not by happenstance; it is managed to occur in five phases: see Spread of Islam and the 10 steps to Stop Islam.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saw a comment online
People not hiring muslims.
Company dinner also fucked up
Demand one more fridge one more microwave.
One more prayer room, pray 5 tjmes a day.
Why hire?

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saw a comment online
Why hire?
Wot about me? Surely there is a place for malays like me. I tapao macdonald to comoany dinner.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
They're deserved wat they get

(Saw a comment online
Why hire?)

Multinationals do not find this to be a serious issue.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
But yr ah bang the residents mudslime whore said tat. The Quran etc is perfect etc etc
Fact is, jesus did nor write the bible. Mahomet did not write the quran. For such a supposedly important document, both were wriiten by people after Mahomet and jesus.
I am sure there are corruption, mistakes made especially compiling the verses took many years. But the mystery is, if tgese books are do importsnt, why wasn't these books published when both of them are still alive?

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wot about me? Surely there is a place for malays like me. I tapao macdonald to comoany dinner.
That depends on how big a stink they raise. If got court case and other ninsense bye bye. This thing has been on and off for decades. Companies arw spineless and no loyalty to anyone

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But the mystery is, if tgese books are do importsnt, why wasn't these books published when both of them are still alive?

I am not going to touch on bible. Abt the Quran. Who said it was not published? The very fact tat the companions and most of the Muslims had memorized the Quran already proved the Quran was "published" i.e. in the hearts/heads of the hafiz. :thumbsup: Books, writings can be destroyed. Now, u wanna destroy the Quran u need to exterminate all the Muslims (hafiz). Can u do it? U cant. Haha...tat itself is a living miracle :thumbsup:

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
(Saw a comment online
Why hire?)

Multinationals do not find this to be a serious issue.
Just a matter of time. Talk about the tyranny of the minority. 15% of the popn. N want this n tat..

Hanslesley73

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not going to touch on bible. Abt the Quran. Who said it was not published? The very fact tat the companions and most of the Muslims had memorized the Quran already proved the Quran was "published" i.e. in the hearts/heads of the hafiz. :thumbsup: Books, writings can be destroyed. Now, u wanna destroy the Quran u need to exterminate all the Muslims (hafiz). Can u do it? U cant. Haha...tat itself is a living miracle :thumbsup:
A big part of the Koran are copied from the Bible n Torah, sweet pea. Mohamed claimed to be the last prophet after all the prophets following the ones depicted in the Bible n Torah.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A big part of the Koran are copied from the Bible n Torah, sweet pea. Mohamed claimed to be the last prophet after all the prophets following the ones depicted in the Bible n Torah.

Any versesfm bible tat tally with verses in the Quran Muslims have no problem accepting it. :biggrin: Muhammad, pbuh, was an unlettered Prophet. Watever mentioned in the Quran was a revelation fm Allah azzawajal.

Last edited: