• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Israeli Teachers Coming To Teach Singapore Teachers

sgnewsalte

Alfrescian
Loyal
Education Minister Ng Eng Hen admitting to the Israeli that Singapore education system is lousy.

"Hezki Arieli, the chairman of the Center for Excellence, said on Thursday, "I asked the Singaporean education minister why they wanted to buy our educational program when their students reach the top spots in international tests.
"He explained that education in Singapore is characteristic of revision for exams, memorization and practice, but the students lack the creativity, independent thinking and entrepreneurship that would prepare them for life."

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3641197,00.html

Israeli teachers to train educators in Singapore

Group of instructors from Israel Center for Excellence through Education hired by Singaporean Education Ministry to apply special program, instruct local teachers to encourage creativity, independent thought among nation's students Tamar Trabelsi-Hadad <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="text12g"> Published: </td><td class="text12g">12.19.08, 11:20 / Israel News </td></tr></tbody></table>

<table dir="ltr" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td><style>P{margin:0;} UL{margin-bottom:0;margin-top:0;margin-right: 16; padding-right:0;} OL{margin-bottom:0;margin-top:0;margin-right: 32; padding-right:0;} H3.pHeader {margin-bottom:3px;COLOR: #192862;font-size: 16px;font-weight: bold;margin-top:0px;} P.pHeader {margin-bottom:3px;COLOR: #192862;font-size: 16px;font-weight: bold;}</style><script>var agt=navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase();var is_major = parseInt(navigator.appVersion);var is_ie = ((agt.indexOf("msie") != -1) && (agt.indexOf("opera") == -1));var is_ie5 = (is_ie && (is_major == 4) && (agt.indexOf("msie 5.0")!=-1) ); function txt_link(type,url,urlAtts) { switch (type){ case 'external' : if( urlAtts != '' ) {var x = window.open(unescape(url),'newWin',urlAtts)} else {document.location = unescape(url);} break; case 'article' : urlStr = '/articles/0,7340,L-to_replace,00.html';url=urlStr.replace('to_replace',url); if( urlAtts == '' || !urlAtts) {document.location = url;} else {var x = window.open(url,'newWin',urlAtts)} break; case 'yaan' : urlStr = '/yaan/0,7340,L-to_replace,00.html';url=urlStr.replace('to_replace',url); if( urlAtts == '' || !urlAtts) {document.location = url;} else {var x = window.open(url,'newWin',urlAtts)} break; case 'category' : urlStr = '/home/0,7340,L-to_replace,00.html'; url=urlStr.replace('to_replace',url); if( urlAtts == '' || !urlAtts) {document.location = url;} else {var x = window.open(url,'newWin',urlAtts)} break; } } function setDbLinkCategory(url) {eval(unescape(url))</script>A group of Israeli teachers is scheduled to travel to Singapore in the near future to train local teachers on how to support and advance excelling students.

As part of a program by the Israel Center for Excellence through Education, teachers from the Israel Arts and Science Academy in Jerusalem will work towards advancing outstanding Singaporean students. </td></tr></tbody></table>
The Excellence 2000 Abroad program, which was developed by the teachers, is already a big success in nine states in the US.

Singapore's Ministry of Education purchased the program from the Israeli center at the yearly cost of $10,000.

The Israeli teachers were selected by the Singaporean government as part of a new initiative towards a change in the country's education system.

Education Minister Dr. Ng Eng Hen recently visited the Israel Center for Excellence through Education after two visits made by Singaporean delegations on his behalf.

The minister examined the program up-close and visited schools throughout Israel that implement it.

After his visit, the minister decided to hire the services of the Israeli teachers.

'Israeli excellence in high esteem'

Hezki Arieli, the chairman of the Center for Excellence, said on Thursday, "I asked the Singaporean education minister why they wanted to buy our educational program when their students reach the top spots in international tests.

"He explained that education in Singapore is characteristic of revision for exams, memorization and practice, but the students lack the creativity, independent thinking and entrepreneurship that would prepare them for life.

"The minister told me they hold Israeli excellence, that is expressed in high-tech, science and technology, in high esteem."

The excellence program is designed to advance excelling students in the framework of their regular school programs, and also to challenge them a few hours a week outside of school hours.

"Excelling students serve as a steam engine in their regular class that pull behind them the rest of the students," Arieli said.

In the first phase of the program, the Israeli teachers will train hundreds of Singaporean educators teaching in dozens of schools selected by the Education Ministry.

mscitw

Alfrescian
Loyal
Minion Hen is talking funny.

The regime wants indolent peasants to serve the interests of the Imperial Family.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I thought SG first world
how come need help??? har ??? not first world meh????

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
teaching us how to build walls, massacre muslims, krav maga, handle firearms??? Crap they did that in the 70s

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I mean that these million $ minister, get so much pay still dunno how to get the education right and need someone help, then get paid so much for what?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hezki Arieli, the chairman of the Center for Excellence, said on Thursday, "I asked the Singaporean education minister why they wanted to buy our educational program when their students reach the top spots in international tests.

"He explained that education in Singapore is characteristic of revision for exams, memorization and practice, but the students lack the creativity, independent thinking and entrepreneurship that would prepare them for life.

TV2008112422090200.jpg

I am the exception though! *zzzz*

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
what a wayang show and a bunch of crap.

1) Cost of Israeli education program - $10,000 per year.
Cost of 2 Delegations visits from MOE to Israel - $250,000
Cost of 3rd trip by Ministar Hen to Israel - $200,000
Waste of taxpayer's money - Priceless

nextinfidel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anything local--->no good.
Anything foreign -->must be good.

i have to admit the Jews seems to be very good in every thing. They ARE just good in many things. Best thing is that they are willing to teach and share.
i really respect them. this pathetic country and its lousy education system has much to benefit from this move.

famous jews:

Albert Einstein
George Soros
William Cohen
Ben Bernanke
Alan Greenspan
Karl Marx
Bernie Ecclestone
Madeleine Albright
Henry Kissinger
Steven Spielberg

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i have to admit the Jews seems to be very good in every thing. They ARE just good in many things. Best thing is that they are willing to teach and share.
i really respect them. this pathetic country and its lousy education system has much to benefit from this move.

famous jews:

Albert Einstein
George Soros
William Cohen
Ben Bernanke
Alan Greenspan
Karl Marx
Bernie Ecclestone
Madeleine Albright
Henry Kissinger
Steven Spielberg

sinkieland cannot always depend on other pple. What if there are no talented pple around, who can sg depend on.

After so many years of running the country and and proclaim to the world that they are first world and best in everything and get million $ salary.

They cannot even get the education right, what have they been doing? So you see, it is not that i want to bash sinkies, they dun even have the fucking brain to think and fucking eyes to see what they are getting themselves in and their tax being paid every year.

The sinkies are the caused of the country's downfall and it is them that let this happen. good luck sinkies, that is why i have my life in another country.

Last edited:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singaporean are no lack of creativity is because of gov. policy too many rules and law prevent/scare people/citizen using their brain.
Too smart will bring down PAP gov.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Education Minister Ng Eng Hen admitting to the Israeli that Singapore education system is lousy.

"Hezki Arieli, the chairman of the Center for Excellence, said on Thursday, "I asked the Singaporean education minister why they wanted to buy our educational program when their students reach the top spots in international tests.
"He explained that education in Singapore is characteristic of revision for exams, memorization and practice, but the students lack the creativity, independent thinking and entrepreneurship that would prepare them for life."

i'm proud to be a student for all my life and i'd like to learn with humility :p:p:p

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
They should have done this 20 years ago.

Anyway, I'm curious what our pious neighbours Malaysia & Indonesia think about this

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
the israeli are very smart people who won many nobel prize.

YOu do not need a nobel prize to put in place the correct education, you just need a minister that can do work and is suitable for the job.

Not a minister who do not know how to deal with a solution and only know how to be a middleman and pull in other pple to solve its own problem.

A first world country do not behave like that.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singaporean are no lack of creativity is because of gov. policy too many rules and law prevent/scare people/citizen using their brain.
Too smart will bring down PAP gov.

Looking at the numbers theres no shortage of smart people leaving, :rolleyes: