• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Islam is anti-humanity: Gay soccer player Josh Cavallo is ‘very scared and wouldn’t really want to go to Islamic Qatar’ for 2022 World Cup

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
Josh-Cavallo-300x174.png

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/gay-footballer-josh-cavallo-too-122520195.html?guccounter=1

The Adelaide United left-back, 21, became world’s only out gay active top-flight male football player when he came out last month.

But as much his courage as has been applauded by the game’s top players, clubs and bodies, the athlete had admitted he has fears for his safety over the 2022 Qatar World Cup.

In Qatar, male homosexuality is illegal and punishable with fines, prison sentences and technically, under Sharia law, death. Despite this, in 2010 FIFA named Qatar the host of the 2022 World Cup, the first-ever to be held in the Arab world.

“I read something along the lines of that [Qutar] give the death penalty for gay people in Qatar, so it’s something I’m very scared [of] and wouldn’t really want to go to Qatar for that,” Cavallo told The Guardian‘s Today in Focus podcast.

“And that saddens me. At the end of the day, the World Cup is in Qatar and one of the greatest achievements as a professional footballer is to play for your country.

“And to know that this is in a country that doesn’t support gay people and puts us at risk of our own life, that does scare me and makes me re-evaluate.

“Is my life more important than doing something really good in my career?”

According to the Human Dignity Trust, various articles of Qatar’s penal code punish same-sex relations with up to seven years in prison, while Sharia courts could technically hand down the death penalty – though there are “no reports of this being applied to date”.

A “danger index” for queer travelers placed Qatar as the second most threatening place in the world to travel for LGBT+ people, with some governments advising LGBT+ travellers to read up on the “serious penalties” they may face in Qatar….