• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Iskandar Residences @ Medini

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
BINGO!!
SG has the money and wants the line.
China needs the line and has the money.
MY needs the money.

1MDB's partner IPIC is suing 1MDB and MY's Ministry Of Finance for US$6.5 billions and MY needs all the money they can get fast.

Singapore should stay away from Malaysia.
MY is so much in debt that it is bad news for SG to be part of their project.
Cut the line now. Bye Bye Singapore HSR. Pease go..

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder where are all the owners of Iskandar Residences who previously posted actively. Sorry if this forum has become so messy and a rojak. Do come in to post again if you happen to read.

I found this picture recently on another forum. On the left is 1 Medini, in front of it should be Medini Signature and beyond that is Iskandar Residences.

Do you all find all these condos are too close to each other? Would prefer to have more space in between them.

Medini%20Signature-1_zpsa9yttxyh.jpg

comfy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually reason very simple lah....for people (like me) who bought IR or any Condo at iskandar only have 2 scenarion in mind,

1) Iskandar is a success and make money
2) Iskandar is failure at lose money

Given the current more uncertain situation, it is earsier evern for the most confident owner also can be abit worried. And even if one believe a longer term success (which I really believe, coz with recent London also affected, there is not many other better places to buy property leow)...it is very easy for the non investor or not yet investor or the nay sayer to throw stones lah......so what far open up and invite bad remarks?

After all, when one day we make money we also not sharing our profits what.....LOL

I wonder where are all the owners of Iskandar Residences who previously posted actively. Sorry if this forum has become so messy and a rojak. Do come in to post again if you happen to read.

I found this picture recently on another forum. On the left is 1 Medini, in front of it should be Medini Signature and beyond that is Iskandar Residences.

Do you all find all these condos are too close to each other? Would prefer to have more space in between them.

enjoylife77

Alfrescian
Loyal
You don't buy a Johor condo for investment. You only buy when you need a place to stay. It's in the past few years where Sinkies don't know where to put their money that they turn to Johor thinking they can invest there.

Small time buyers who went in to invest in condos like Country Garden Danga Bay and Medini will be anxious once they are completed.
Even if one is to buy for own occupation, get a unit very near to existing link with easy public transportation. Buyer should assume that Sg car lite policy will ensure COE prices and toll/vep will remain high into the future. About the RTS, since the link originates from Woodlands North station (Republic Polytechnic), one can confirm the CIQ will be somewhere on the east side. Operational date definitely beyond 2019.

enjoylife77

Alfrescian
Loyal

Likely past active forummer cut loss and bought into property with better prospect. 2 of my friends who bought during the 2010 crisis (with plans then to double their purchase price) already engaged agent to list their unit at cost due to Malaysia uncertain political climate.

Last edited:

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Likely past active forummer cut loss and bought into property with better prospect. 2 of my friends who bought during the 2010 crisis (with plans then to double their purchase price) already engaged agent to list their unit at cost due to Malaysia uncertain political climate.

Good move. At least they bought their properties much cheaper in 2010. But not sure if it's easy to find buyers now as the market is really bad.

Cutting losses is an art and skill in investment. But some are still dreaming they will make money from their Iskandar properties in Medini.

Say you buy your Medini condo at RM800,000. If you put that in a MY fixed D at 4% p.a., in one year, you will get RM32,000 in interest. In 10 years, that's RM320,000! Or>S$100k based on today's exchange rate. Note that I didn't even calculate based on compounded interest. That will yield even more. And it's principal sum guaranteed.

Now in 10 years time, do you think your Medini condo can even rise by RM320k? 10 years is not long enough for Medini to be fully developed.

Moreover, condos in Medini now are already priced way too high. The early comers paid only RM400 psf. Late ones paid like RM800 psf or even more. Siao! How to make money? People rather buy landed houses. Even those in the developed parts of JB with amenities are selling at only RM500 psf or so. And it's already so difficult to find buyers.

Even in the unlikely scenario your property price goes up in 10 years, take into account local Malaysians are unlikely to buy these overpriced condos, and the condos by then will be very old. There are so many new and better ones available. By then, it is still unlikely to hit the critical mass or demand. So sell to who?

Many Medini condo owners make the wrong assumption that when there are more businesses coming in, more jobs will be created and there will be workers and demand. Hello! This is not Singapore la! If businesses want to relocate to Iskandar, obviously it's for cheaper labour and land costs. You think those low-paid workers will rent or buy your ultra expensive condos?

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah....Singapore should take the lead not to pursue the HSR.
Period. No need to invest in MY and no need to complain. Just leave MY alone to die.

Ha ha joker lah you, so many foolish sinkies holding on to HSR as their lifeline for their JB properties, now you tell them and the HSR to FO, very bad lah you, although I fully agree, the HSR would only flood Singapore with more leeches from Jiu Hu who can steal more jobs and no benefits for the Singapore property market. Down and good riddance to the HSR.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

Super cramped especially when next to the right of condos there is huge swath of land still undeveloped. Good luck to any future sales for the next 50 years.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually reason very simple lah....for people (like me) who bought IR or any Condo at iskandar only have 2 scenarion in mind,

1) Iskandar is a success and make money
2) Iskandar is failure at lose money

Given the current more uncertain situation, it is earsier evern for the most confident owner also can be abit worried. And even if one believe a longer term success (which I really believe, coz with recent London also affected, there is not many other better places to buy property leow)...it is very easy for the non investor or not yet investor or the nay sayer to throw stones lah......so what far open up and invite bad remarks?

After all, when one day we make money we also not sharing our profits what.....LOL

Make your profits then come and laugh, I am willing to bet that after factoring bank interest rates and maintenance fees, we are talking a 50 year time frame to make any sort of profits, by then you yourself won't be around to realise it, so stop consoling yourself and go back to bed and continue crying..ha ha ha ha

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ha ha joker lah you, so many foolish sinkies holding on to HSR as their lifeline for their JB properties, now you tell them and the HSR to FO, very bad lah you, although I fully agree, the HSR would only flood Singapore with more leeches from Jiu Hu who can steal more jobs and no benefits for the Singapore property market. Down and good riddance to the HSR.

If you want to invest, invest happily.
If invest then regret say this and that is bad, kena conned, whatever..then it is better to cut and F off.
For me, I see no point of Singapore having the HSR link and trying to talk and talk as if everyone owe them a living, negotiate and still negotiating. Investors all kept at their toes and still guessing. It is much better to have HSR stop at Nusajaya and be done with it.
Finished story. No need to talk anymore whether Malaysia is good or bad. HSR has nothing to do with SG. No need to have headache.

Good bye Singapore HSR.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you want to invest, invest happily.
If invest then regret say this and that is bad, kena conned, whatever..then it is better to cut and F off.
For me, I see no point of Singapore having the HSR link and trying to talk and talk as if everyone owe them a living, negotiate and still negotiating. Investors all kept at their toes and still guessing. It is much better to have HSR stop at Nusajaya and be done with it.
Finished story. No need to talk anymore whether Malaysia is good or bad. HSR has nothing to do with SG. No need to have headache.

Good bye Singapore HSR.

All the sinkies invest in Johor based on airy fairy promises, so it is not as clear cut as you say.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
My friend whose friend is an agent sent me this picture, taken just in front of 1 Medini.

You can see how damn huge amount of land they have out there. Probably can build a few tens of thousands more condo units in the next 10-15 years to rival the present batch of condos.

Forest%20view%20from%201Medini_zpsjqkapcnt.jpg

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
My friend whose friend is an agent sent me this picture, taken just in front of 1 Medini.

You can see how damn huge amount of land they have out there. Probably can build a few tens of thousands more condo units in the next 10-15 years to rival the present batch of condos.

Forest%20view%20from%201Medini_zpsjqkapcnt.jpg

Illustrates just what you and I were saying all along.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Illustrates just what you and I were saying all along.

I also say the same thing.
You come, you see, you like and you buy.
You no like, it is your money, it is bye bye.

Please do not come to buy in MY. Go back where you come from.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also say the same thing.
You come, you see, you like and you buy.
You no like, it is your money, it is bye bye.

Please do not come to buy in MY. Go back where you come from.

I have a duty to warn unwary Singaporeans, what duty do you have?

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have a duty to warn unwary Singaporeans, what duty do you have?

Singaporeans are very smart people. They are always better than Malaysians.
They make more money than local Malaysians. SG is always more advanced than MY.
Singaporeans do not need any form of advice from Malaysians.
They are the best, anytime better than Malaysians.

My duty is to tell them to go back, don't waste time and money in Iskandar.

Bubble

Alfrescian
Loyal
singaporeans are very smart people. They are always better than malaysians.
They make more money than local malaysians. Sg is always more advanced than my.
Singaporeans do not need any form of advice from malaysians.
They are the best, anytime better than malaysians.

My duty is to tell them to go back, don't waste time and money in iskandar.

that is a good one tekkun...

It is hilarious when it becomes a duty of someone to tell or warn others even when it is unsolicited