• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

ISA = I Simply Arrest!

tun_dr_m

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://malaysiakini.com/news/89801

Pakatan supporters not fixated on 916
Fauwaz Aziz and Rahmah Ghazali | Sep 16, 08 1:19pm

For Pakatan Rakyat supporters, Sept 16 has ceased to become a mere deadline for their leader Anwar Ibrahim to make good on a promise to take over the government.
MCPX

“September 16 is not important in itself” said Thiagaran, aged 45, one of the 20,000-strong crowd who attended the Pakatan Rakyat rally on the eve of Malaysia Day last night.

“It is not just an end of what has been happening. It is more the beginning of change for many things!” he insisted.

anti isa sept 16 gathering kelana jaya stadium 160908 14Gauging from the views of others thronging the Kelana Jaya stadium to celebrate Malaysia's formation,‘916' marks the beginning of a movement towards change. On Sept 16, 1963, Sabah and Sarawak became a part of the country.

“Let Anwar promise. We believe in his promises. We have to be optimistic. What’s the problem with giving Pakatan a few years in government? If they do not perform, we kick them out at the next general election! Give them a chance!” said K Jeevan.

Never mind that Anwar's self-imposed deadline has come without even a single crossover from the BN, Pakatan supporters are still convinced it is just a matter of time before it happens.

In his speech last night, the opposition icon - who is still short of 31 parliamentary seats to form a new government - did not make any concrete announcements as many in the crowd had expected him to.

But the mood of jubilance and hope held strong throughout the night.

“What is a delay of a few weeks, or even months, compared to the decades waiting for change at the hands of Barisan?” said another supporter A Mahendran, aged 37.

“Whether it’s ‘9-16' or ‘10-16' or ‘11-16' or even ‘12-16', we believe in him. What’s wrong with that? For 51 years, Barisan Nasional has promised us all kinds of things and all kinds of changes. When Prime Minister Abdullah Ahmad Badawi promised us in May that the fuel price would not increase, it went up the following month,” Mahendran added.

ISA stands for 'I Simply Arrest'

An elderly man said people believed in the Pakatan because of their frustration with the BN government, which he criticised for heavy-handed actions.

vox populi anti isa sept 16 kelana jaya gathering 160908 01“Consider the Internal Security Act, the Official Secrets Act and the other laws that have been put into place by the Barisan government,” said the Pakatan supporter, who wanted to be identified only as ‘Uncle’.

“You know what ISA actually means? It means ‘I-simply-arrest’! ISA : I-simply-arrest! That’s all it stands for! Isn’t that what they do? They simply arrest you for all kinds of nonsense reasons!” he said in earnestness while others around him laughed.

“Look at these people he has arrested, what have they done really?” he said, pointing to large posters placed around the stadium showing Seputeh MP Teresa Kok and blogger Raja Petra Kamarudin, who were both detained last Friday under the ISA.

Sin Chew Daily reporter Tan Hoon Cheng was also detained, but released 18 hours later.

Sky change

Thiagarajan said Anwar should be given a chance to prove himself.

anti isa sept 16 gathering kelana jaya stadium 160908 16“If Anwar says he will take over the government, we will believe him. People are suffering now,” he said.

The air of exuberance in the stadium and the deafening cheers that broke from the crowd each time a Pakatan leader stressed a point in his speech indicated that optimism was widespread among the crowd.

At one point, they roared “9-1-6! 9-1-6! 9-1-6!” while Anwar looked on from his seat.

When DAP Supremo Lim Kit Siang, one of the speakers who promised a 'sky-change', asked: “Do you want ‘916'? Do you want ‘916?”

The crowd lapped it up, roaring back: “Yes!”

tun_dr_m

Alfrescian
Loyal
20081708_teresaCaucus_1.jpg

tun_dr_m

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pak Lah can't manage finance: Dr M
Chan Kok Leong | Sep 18, 08 10:44pm

The former prime minister marked another milestone in his astonishing career by publishing a book based on his blog
MCPX
CheDet.com.

Aptly named "Blogging to Unblock" as Dr Mahathir Mohamad only started blogging after he claimed to be blacked out by mainstream media – the book (in English and Bahasa Malaysia) is entirely made up of his postings.

At 83, the former premier continued to display his wit and sharpness in the ensuing press conference in Putrajaya after the book launch.

Commenting on the portfolio swap between Abdullah Ahmad Badawi and Najib Abdul Razak yesterday, Mahathir said that it was about time.

"I think it is an admission that he (Abdullah) cannot manage the Ministry of Finance. But actually there is nothing there because all the time it was being managed by Nor Mohamed Yakcop anyway (Second Finance Minister).

"Only problem is there is a lot of interference with Nor Mohamed (that's what I learnt). He, himself (Abdullah) played no role at all in the management of the finances of the country," said Mahathir.

"He has put Najib there but we are going to face a very critical stage in our economy because of what is happening in the United States, especially the bankruptcy of Lehman Brothers and the US$85 billion bailout of AIG."

He warned that if Najib does not manage the economy well, the deputy premier will be blamed for it.

On whether the swap will relieve some pressure off Abdullah within Umno, Mahathir replied with his trademark sarcasm.

"I don't think he feels any pressure at all," said the former prime minister.

"Even when he lost the election or Permatang Pauh, he said it was nothing. I think his blood pressure must be very low. The whole country may feel the tension but he doesn't," added the doctor by training.

Recent arrests unjustified

Being a popular blogger now, Mahathir was also asked to comment on the recent arrests of bloggers.

"I think it is not justified. When people were arrested under ISA in 1987, there was tension in the country.

"There was this incident where a soldier shot somebody and Chinese were leaving the country. In order to restore law and order, the police had to take action.

"But this time, if you say that there is tension or security risk in this country because of the writing of a blogger … I don't think it's true at all," said Mahathir.

"Even if Teresa Kok was involved in a move to stop the azan, that can be remedied by explaining that this is not a subject she should be discussing about."

Mahathir said that there is no risk at the moment (even in the case of Kok) and when the need arises, arrests can be made then.

"As far as bloggers are concerned, if they attack the government that is not subversion. If it (subversion) is defined as attacking the government, then Harakah (PAS paper) should be placed under detention, including some of the PAS leaders.

Despite his many clashes with Opposition Leader Anwar Ibrahim, the former premier was also against any ISA arrest for his former deputy.

"I think there is a case against him. Wait until the case is heard instead of detaining him under ISA."

On him rejoining Umno, the elder statesman said that he wants to wait and choose his own time to return to the party he re-founded in 1988.

He added that there were many who are trying to persuade him to rejoin, saying that he can still contribute to the party.

"But I haven't made any application yet and I will choose the right time to rejoin," said Mahathir with his trademark grin.

=======
:p:biggrin::biggrin:
Being the person who ordered that Anwar to be arrested under ISA some 10 years ago, Tun Dr. M now thinks his successor Abdullah Badawi should not repeat again what he himself did 10 years ago on Anwar!

matamafia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Govt's Spy Caught

People's Alliance for Democracy leader Somsak Kosaisuk shows giant fire crackers that were confiscated from a man who joined the protest at the Government House on Thursday. The man claimed that he was a security guard of PAD.//Prasert Thepsri

30083841-01.jpg

Thai activists are getting very strong in terms of policing their own security and arresting spies sent by govt to pretend as activists and conduct sabotage.