• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is Times Higher Learning university ranking accurate?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Riiight... Waseda is ranked below NUS. Seriously? :rolleyes:

Also, look at the scores for NUS and NTU under the 'international outlook' criteria. Now you know why the local universities want so many foreign students. Not surprising.

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Iran and Israel in Asia meh?

Last I checked Israel faces the Med sea and borders Lebanon in the north, Syria in the northeast, Jordan and the West Bank in the east, the Gaza Strip and Egypt on the southwest.

I guess its the widest definition of "Asia"?

Kinda confusing when Israel and Turkey also participate in Eurovision Song Contest every year - seems as if suka suka can change geographical listing.

Last edited:

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How can Browns University (Ivy League) be ranked lower than NUS or Washington University in St. Louis?
Bizarre.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is the use of ranking?

How many millionaires did NTU and NUS produce? Do they know MIT has the highest number of millionaire alumni?

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Iran and Israel in Asia meh?

Last I checked Israel faces the Med sea and borders Lebanon in the north, Syria in the northeast, Jordan and the West Bank in the east, the Gaza Strip and Egypt on the southwest.

I guess its the widest definition of "Asia"?

Kinda confusing when Israel and Turkey also participate in Eurovision Song Contest every year - seems as if suka suka can change geographical listing.
Turkey part Europe, part Asia.
Israel is in Asia. But because many Asian Muslim majority countries always boycott events they participate, they were invited to participate for events organized in Europe.
Kazakhstan also in Asia. But participate in European sports because Asian standard too low for them especially in football. They participate in European events when part of USSR.

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only part of Turkey that is in Asia is Constantinople aka Istanbul.

Ataturk was in favour of Europeanisation hence the latinsation of Turkish and dilution of Islamic identity as an empire.

Last edited: