• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is this the same as Thailand River Prawns?

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TNRVW-5554_Cover-620x413.jpg

thumb_600.jpg

ayutthaya-prawns-3-X2.jpg

yummeee.jpg

stir-fried-fresh-river.jpg

tumblr_ncy28k7YOf1qayd9co1_1280.jpg

thumb_600.jpg

chatuchak-weekend-market.jpg

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Aren't these Mantis Shrimp?

Mantis Shrimp are delicious. I love them. I would always order them when I am at G7 restaurant in Geylang.

Mantis shrimp is 海螳螂 濑尿虾 虾姑 etc.....
This prawn known simply as 大头虾.....
Not the same

jw5

Loyal
Wow, these are great peektures. Nabez, just had dinner, now hungry again. :o

Thanks looneytan aka uncle botak middy middaydog. :p

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Wow, these are great peektures. Nabez, just had dinner, now hungry again. :o

Thanks looneytan aka uncle botak middy middaydog. :p

I also buay tahan just now :biggrin:
funny i prefer prawns to crabs... maybe it is the cracking and peeling of the crab that turns me off :biggrin:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
make sure it's fully cooked through or charred beyond recognition in the bbq fire. fresh water prawns are known to carry many strains of nasty bacteria, especially h. pylori, and some of them can survive a quick soaking of hot water and acidic sauce. i was infected with h. pylori because of poorly cooked fresh water seafood.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
make sure it's fully cooked through or charred beyond recognition in the bbq fire. fresh water prawns are known to carry many strains of nasty bacteria, especially h. pylori, and some of them can survive a quick soaking of hot water and acidic sauce. i was infected with h. pylori because of poorly cooked fresh water seafood.

Prawns eat shit? :biggrin:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Question for you... if I use this prawn to make Cantonese Har Lok, you think good? Or use normal big Angka prawn?

Spilt the shells.....a cut to the back should do it (devine also)....else shells too thick flavors cannot penetrate