• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is the Jan 2010 National geographic banned??

Areopagus

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been to a number of newstands but have been unable to find the Jan 2010 issue of National geographic.

My dad subscribes but he received the issue a little late. I read it and found a couple of rather apalling articles including one on a wildlife trader in Penang but also the infamous Singapore article. There are some pretty incendiary quotes - both anonymous:

An observer of the National Day Parade, "We're not North Korea, but we try" (p140)
and
"As one local put it, "Singapore is like a warm bath. You sink in, slit your wrists, your lifeblood floats away, but hey, it's warm" (p149)

I guess they could not stop the subscription version but I wonder if anyone else has seen the magazine on newstands???

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the magazine is really banned, then the govt is merely embarrassing itself. Since Nat Geog claimed it was doing it for Singapore, isn't it ironic now that the article is unfit for circulation to its own citizens?

Doesn't the son think he should tell his old man to shut the fuck up for once? Or exercise his sphincter muscles to control his verbal diarrhoea?