• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Is SR Nathan Well Liked?

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He is my favourite president of all time although he is Sr

:biggrin: anybody knows what "Sr" mean?

NangKwak

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is the world most expensive president.
He was a walk-over president.
He was paid over $40 millions for 10 years service living in Istana and enjoyed travel 1st class.
His job scope is shaking hand, cut ribbon waving to public.

Interpersonal roles - Figurehead
  • performs routine duties of a legal or social nature e.g. such as ribbon-cutting, signing legal documents

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Was at SGH just now, heard he was at block 5, so went to block 5.. dont have those drama like ah heng that time leh...

I put it this way: Ah Heng was a working Minister with a heavy workload whereas Prataman was a non-working (i.e. chobolan jiakliaobee ceremonial cock-head) with a heavy potbelly! $4 million salary for doing basically nothing other than saying Yes to his paymaster!:rolleyes:

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Noticed from all photos I saw in internet are those from the govt. all looked like kanina must go show face since photographers are there. And mostly those senior cabinet ministers only. All others siam liow.

If Nathan is so buddy with the old man's family, why LHL's siblings never go visit him, probably more so for last time alive?

Well like? I don't know what to say.

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Prata up lorry on 8th August then August 9th how ?????
A big party held at National Stadium with all Singaporeans celebrating for him on 9th August.
Instead of wear red all will wear black for the joyous day.
Then flag will fly half with 21 gun salute.
What a grand day with double happiness.

RiderZX

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Prata up lorry on 8th August then August 9th how ?????
A big party held at National Stadium with all Singaporeans celebrating for him on 9th August.
Instead of wear red all will wear black for the joyous day.
Then flag will fly half with 21 gun salute.
What a grand day with double happiness.

Who cares? you do?

blueRad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ask the average Singaporean what Nathan has done for the nation other than his fiduciary duties and you will get a blank stare.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ask the average Singaporean what Nathan has done for the nation other than his fiduciary duties and you will get a blank stare.

Head of state do not need to do anything but look dignified. That he is paid $4m for that is ridiculous because he not worth that much. While certainly less popular, Tony Tan at least looks to be money well spent in comparison.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP wants us to believe that SR Nathan is well liked. Perhaps he is well liked by PAP.

I have seen him many times walking along East Coast beach when he was President. He normally wears a wind breaker and a hat. He walked with his head down perhaps he didnt want to make eye contact with Singaporean joggers and got ignored. I have seen many Singaporeans jogged by him and ignored him but nodded to his security guard. SR Nathan knew that he was not well liked when Singaporeans ignored him in public

SR Nathan may be a $4m a year President. But what did he do for Singaporeans when he was President from 1999 to 2011 and so many Singaporeans were suffering?

SR Nathan was a rich President but to sell that he is well liked is wayang.

Perhaps the well liked Presidents were OTC and WKW.

Will the pap also say that TT is a well liked President?

The pap can try to sell an idea but that does not mean that what the pap sells is the truth.

A man who earns $4m of tax payers' money without doing anything for Singaporeans cant be well liked!

Nathan is PAP swine ...he did so much dirty work for them. The presidency was a reward for those years of crimes committed against sinkees.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Did he succeed in looking dignified?

Head of state do not need to do anything but look dignified. That he is paid $4m for that is ridiculous because he not worth that much. While certainly less popular, Tony Tan at least looks to be money well spent in comparison.