• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is slapping someone a Civil or Criminal Offence in Singapore?

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Any legal experts here can comment? If it is a criminal offence, what is the max penalty?

Btw I am asking about Singapore Law. So our resident Malaysian quack need not comment.

Thank you.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
depends on whether is charged under S323 or S325, the latter is siezable offence gets teng lian

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
both sections covers acts that causes grevious hurt and in broader sense when the injuries becomes an issue that is permanent or impairment on the victim, then it is likely to b seizable.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
i am not the judge or prosecutor but obviously he picked the wrong person to slap for sure and bring disrepute to the MIW who already bagged Amos so unfortunately he sploit their plans.

likely to pay a price for his action.

i wonder if he will b picking soaps in prison.

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Which is more serious, spitting on someone's face or slapping someone?

If the culprit in the Woodlands spitting incident can be charge and sentenced to 5 weeks' jail, the 49 year old "chicken shit" should be charge and sentence to no less than 5 weeks' jail.
Not only must Justice be done; it must also be seen to be done.

Source: Yahoo News

Man in Woodlands spitting incident sentenced to 5 weeks' jail
By Jeanette Tan | Yahoo Newsroom – Fri, Mar 21, 2014

3e952f10-b0cf-11e3-bd43-69fff8748a97_juraimi1.jpg

Yahoo Newsroom - Juraimi bin Jamaludin, the man at the centre of the spitting incident at Woodlands Bus Interchange last year,
enters the State Courts for sentencing on 21 March 2014. (Yahoo photo)

The man at the centre of the Woodlands Bus Interchange spitting incident last year was sentenced to five weeks in jail and slapped an $800 fine, but he was wiping away grateful tears as he was led out of court handcuffed.

Juraimi bin Kamaludin, 48, was on Thursday found guilty of criminal use of force, causing a public nuisance as well as for a rash act endangering life and the personal safety of others.

The charge of disorderly behaviour, which was initially stood down, was taken into consideration.

District judge Lim Keng Yeow described Juraimi’s move to push a woman off a bus “shocking” and “wholly unjustifiable”.

While Juraimi had initially claimed during his three-day trial earlier this week that the woman he ended up spitting at had used vulgarities and insulted his mother, Lim said that would have been evident from the videos that emerged from the incident, but there was no such indication of her saying those things at the boarding platform.

While Juraimi claimed he was “regretful of his actions and remorseful”, he also seemed unwilling to take full responsibility for his actions, said the judge.

In a surprising turn, however, the judge urged Juraimi to avoid getting into trouble in future, bearing in mind Juraimi’s previous string of convictions, the last of which landed him in prison up till October 2011.

“I hope you won’t ever have to go back to prison again,” Lim said.

Asked if he wanted to stay out of prison and out of trouble, the bespectacled Juraimi, who was in a pink collared shirt and blue jeans, responded, “I want to change. Thank you, Your Honour… There’s no more imprisonment for me.”

District Judge Lim then set a target period of three years, after which he asked Juraimi to see him in court again. “(I hope you will be) living a good and productive life."

Juraimi then removed his spectacles in tears, said he was “speechless… No one has ever said that to me. I am very, very happy and grateful”.

Saying he plans to get married and settle down, he told District Judge Lim, “I just want this thing to be over. I want to get on with my life.”

To which District Judge Lim responded, “I want to see that happen."
Watch the original video of what happened here:

[video=youtube;FGvhlRQKe10]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGvhlRQKe10[/video]
[Note: Same video is shown as that of Yahoo as it is now not possible to embedded video using the embed code]

End of Article​

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How about the story of a cabinet member being slapped-nothing happened.
I think Goh Chok Tong is the person who should speak up on the slapping incidents.

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think Goh Chok Tong is the person who should speak up on the slapping incidents.

Following is the extract from page 150 of Ross Worthington’s book, “Governance in Singapore”(Publisher: Taylor & Francis, Inc, Dec 2002):

In 1990, an incident occurred in a pre-cabinet meeting which was the beginning of entrenching further among the many in the core executive, resistance to Lee Hsien Loong’s long term ambitions for prime ministership. Prior to this meeting Lee Hsien Loong had gone to the office of Richard Hu, the Minister of Finance, and removed a number of files without Hu’s permission. At that time Lee’s office was on the 48th floor of what is now Temasek Tower and Hu’s was on the 50th floor.

At the pre-cabinet meeting Hu took Lee to task for doing this and was supported by Tony Tan. Lee’s response was aggressive and insulting, he directly insulted Tan and Hu, a man of his father’s age. This was a double insult to Hu, who was Lee’s superior in cabinet and a person of an age who should of itself deserve respect in Chinese society. Suppiah Dhanabalan intervened and chastised Lee for his behaviour, demanding that he apologise to Hu, withdraw his remarks and not interfere in other minister’s portfolios. A heated exchange occurred into which a number of other issues intruded and eventually Lee lost his temper, and reportedly reached across the table and slapped Dhanabalan across the face.

This caused an uproar in the cabinet and Lee was severely chastised by Goh Chok Tong. Dhanabalan stormed out of the room and did not return for some time. Lee, in response to a demand from Goh, subsequently apologised to Dhanabalan, Hu and Tan. Hu, Dhanabalan and Tan all initially stated that they would leave the cabinet as a result of this incident. Goh later took up the matter with Lee Kuan Yew who reportedly verbally thrashed his son over the matter.

This was apparently followed by a more sober, educational but equally critical assessment from Lee Hsien Loong’s mother, a talented though background political adviser. Lee Kuan Yew reportedly met later that day with Hu, Tan and Dhanabalan, apologised for his son’s behaviour and requested that they not resign, supported by a similar request from Goh Chok Tong.

All held out for some time, eventually Hu agreed to stay, but Dhanabalan and Tan both resolved to leave. This they did the following August 1991 elections, all without a public word against Lee Hsien Loong, continuing to subscribe to the tenet of all secrets staying within the PAP family.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Which is more serious, spitting on someone's face or slapping someone?

If the culprit in the Woodlands spitting incident can be charge and sentenced to 5 weeks' jail, the 49 year old "chicken shit" should be charge and sentence to no less than 5 weeks' jail.
Not only must Justice be done; it must also be seen to be done.

Looking for consistency in Sinkieland's legal system? You'll have better luck finding a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. :rolleyes:

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Was it reported to the police or just a story?

I also heard stories that a certain jiu hu kia forum me here loves to get his arse fucked in Singapore. That is against our law. But nobody reported him. So it just remain a story and he is not charged. He still get his arse fucked daily.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I also heard stories that a certain jiu hu kia forum me here loves to get his arse fucked in Singapore. That is against our law. But nobody reported him. So it just remain a story and he is not charged. He still get his arse fucked daily.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I have said this before, it was in the late 90's arriving at KL airport, was it Subang or KLIA? I forgot, I took a taxi to the city...the Indian driver ask me about the Dhanabalan Slapping incident, I remarked " all the way to KL ?"...he answered the Indian community was talking about it....so, if this was a story, sure...it got far.:p

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A guess a little slapping is acceptable in a lover's quarrel. :wink:

[video=youtube;Czb4rImsph0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Czb4rImsph0[/video]

ns is killing singapore

Alfrescian
Loyal
from what i learnt from the replies here, to jail that 49 year old, all Amos need to do is cite hearing problems after the slapping and that guy would be in jail. There are instances that i know that slapping too hard DO actually causes deafness.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
from what i learnt from the replies here, to jail that 49 year old, all Amos need to do is cite hearing problems after the slapping and that guy would be in jail. There are instances that i know that slapping too hard DO actually causes deafness.

On the contrary, having the 49-year old twit roaming free is a good thing. It stirs up outrage and resentment against Lee Hsien Loong. Hopefully more Sinkies wake up from their LKY stupor.

CABcommander

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any legal experts here can comment? If it is a criminal offence, what is the max penalty?

Btw I am asking about Singapore Law. So our resident Malaysian quack need not comment.

Thank you.

Depends on who you slap la. If mp level like bbq seng you will be jail for a few weeks. If minister level then jail a few months. If slap Pm then jail a few years. If slap godlike lky then jailed 20-30 years through isa.