• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is Singapore too expensive for us to live in?

silverspoon

Alfrescian
Loyal
last time i go NTUC...50 dollar can buy many many stuff.......now can't buy anything much....

rice expensive
oil expensive
toilet paper expensive
baby milk powder expensive

unicando

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey all, want to start this thread to express my feeling abt the lifestyle in Singapore. Wondering anyone out there feeling the same way too. Recently the increase of the boarding fare of taxi by 30 cents, just feel that lately everything in singapore is going up and not coming down. just feeling abit fuck up.. lol.. so those want to vent your anger and seek for ppls that agree your though.. can write your feeling here.. =)

hmm depending...if u r single and ur income is average level than i guess it's ok. if ur income is lesser u r still ok, except u r unlikely to be able to save much and when u want to form a family u likely to hv problem paying for a flat and ur family life can be a constant struggle...u most likely do not need a retiring plan.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
last time i go NTUC...50 dollar can buy many many stuff.......now can't buy anything much....

rice expensive
oil expensive
toilet paper expensive
baby milk powder expensive

i try to buy all the above stuffs in my monthly shopping trip to JB Giant. The last time i went, rice that my family eat selling at ard S$19per 10kg when NTUC going at S$24.80. Cooking oil at S$4.00per 2kg while NTUC at $7.80. Milk powder at S$15.50 while NTUC at S$21.00.

Go JB during weekday, no traffic jam, in and out within 3hrs, at the same time can eat stuffs no longer sold in spore and also pump some subsidied petrol.:cool:

maituleow

Alfrescian
Loyal
i try to buy all the above stuffs in my monthly shopping trip to JB Giant. The last time i went, rice that my family eat selling at ard S$19per 10kg when NTUC going at S$24.80. Cooking oil at S$4.00per 2kg while NTUC at $7.80. Milk powder at S$15.50 while NTUC at S$21.00.

Go JB during weekday, no traffic jam, in and out within 3hrs, at the same time can eat stuffs no longer sold in spore and also pump some subsidied petrol.:cool:

Bro u sure ornot, all the items u bought are not allowed to be xport from JB. U maybe lucky neber kanna check otherwise we will know your identity in the new paper headlines .

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Singapore cannot sustain a 6 million population. It should go back to 2 million where it is easier to live in Singapore.

Yes, i would like to help to reduce the population of Sg by emigrating out.

monkey4

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, i would like to help to reduce the population of Sg by emigrating out.

me too, me hated sillypore but dun know where to emigrate to:mad:

Bro u sure ornot, all the items u bought are not allowed to be xport from JB. U maybe lucky neber kanna check otherwise we will know your identity in the new paper headlines .

Some stuff in JB Giant are cheaper than in sillypore

1. Dynamo 5 litres going for RM 19.89
2. Dynamo 3 litres X 2 bottles going for RM 22
3. Yakult
4. Vitagen
5. Cuties Toilet paper - Purchase with Purchase of more than RM50
6. Softlan
7. Dog Food

Maybe someone can add to the list :biggrin:

thelalaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just think that singapore is just trying so hard to keep up with other when we cannot afford to be.. but imagine we cannot keep up.. dont have 100mpbs internet.. dont have wireless ard the whole country.. i wonder we can survive or not? mayb just imagine us still like neighbouring country like that.. we will have lesser problem but dont know ppls can tah han or not.. loL..

Wang Ye

Alfrescian
Loyal
You need to earn at least $2500 to live comfortably in singapore. Enough to give some to your parents but not enough to support them. :( As for getting married...

jastsen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have to blame on our kiasu character... we alway go grab the things when bad news pop up..not knowing do we really require it or not..

pweesng

Alfrescian
Loyal
You need to earn at least $2500 to live comfortably in singapore. Enough to give some to your parents but not enough to support them. :( As for getting married...

2.5k how to be comfortable? seriously.... after CPF, give parents... really not much left liow...

i think, to be comfortable, ie, live in HDB flat, and have a party or two every couple of weeks. Eat at nice places once or twice a month... Give parents some decent amount of money. take cab whenever we need to (not want to), some savings (not CPF)....etc..etc... easily 5k to 6k a month. maybe that is just me lah...

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
me too, me hated sillypore but dun know where to emigrate to:mad:
Some stuff in JB Giant are cheaper than in sillypore

1. Dynamo 5 litres going for RM 19.89
2. Dynamo 3 litres X 2 bottles going for RM 22
3. Yakult
4. Vitagen
5. Cuties Toilet paper - Purchase with Purchase of more than RM50
6. Softlan
7. Dog Food

Maybe someone can add to the list :biggrin:

You can try staying in Malaysia as standard of living is lower like what you compare, but then security will be a main problem. In Singapore, I dare to go out bringing money 20-30K. But in Malaysia, more than 500, I tend to worry. No gold chains, no watches.

You want to think of migrating, but don't know where? I just came back from US. The situation there and the number of beggars I see there is shocking. On TV, we see the good, but when stay there, the situation is worst off than most of you. Young men in 20s, 30s getting social help, free food, educated ones can't get jobs.

When you think of migrating and yet don't know go where, stay here still better than most.

pweesng

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually may not be a bad thing to stay in malaysia... no need spend money buying gold chain... rolex....to show off...hahahah

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually may not be a bad thing to stay in malaysia... no need spend money buying gold chain... rolex....to show off...hahahah

Not to talk about driving a Camry. My uncle a businessman in Malaysia does not even dare to drive and park his merc in the open just like that.
Even as a malaysian, he gets calls from people who said they kidnapped his son. Malaysia has to be careful, muggers, thieves, robbers.

3 years back, my cousin, a malaysian, 8 months pregnant got miscarriage because she got beaten up and rob at petrol station and even got kicked.
5 years back, my grandparents house were burgled 3 times in a year. Grandma was robbed twice while going to market. No chains, only wallet.

It's about security and being able to live in peace. But with the country having more and more such problems, its really not that safe.
If you are married and have kids, I don't think you want to risk your family, would you?

aakumu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi bro,
Singapore, is still one of the reasonable place to live and buy good qaulity goods.

My humble two cents.

Tehsisiudai

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its getting pretty hard. Also with more and more people living in Singapore, i'm getting quite irritated by the fact that i have to wait for 7 minutes during off peak hours for a train and still have to squeeze like i'm a sardine in a can. Problem is that the increase in fares are not justifiable to how commuters feel. So many more people are taking train rides during off peak hours that the 7 minute wait between each train is seriously a time waster.

Dunga

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi bro,
Singapore, is still one of the reasonable place to live and buy good qaulity goods.

My humble two cents.

Agree lah bro. Living in Malaysia, security is a big problem especially if you have wife and kids. The police is not doing anything about it.

Last year my cousin was robbed at petrol kiosk. The robbers drive him and his family to a plantation and abandoned them. Luckily his wife not raped. :eek:

joker88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Going to JB nowadays is very dangerous. :rolleyes:

Be careful if you drive SG car or bring big sums of money.
Dun wear expensive watch or gold chains.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Going to JB nowadays is very dangerous. :rolleyes:

Be careful if you drive SG car or bring big sums of money.
Dun wear expensive watch or gold chains.

Been to JB & seen how some Singkies behave & they are asking for trouble. Come on, if you visit another country you must make some adjustments. They remind me of some ugly Americans I've seen in Spore & fortunately for them they are in Spore.

If you drive a mercedes why drive in Malaysia looking for trouble? Had a Singkie friend who insisted on wearing his exp Rolex when visiting Indonesia. If anything were to happen to him who to blame?

In Batam I know some wealthy(millionaires) people & they don't advertise their wealth. You only know they are wealthy if you get to know them.

If you want to flash your wealth go to KL. You see people drive their Ferrari Diablo to the office but they know the local 'security' conditions.