• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is Singapore progressing or digressing with our "child control system"?

Tunmasek

Alfrescian
Loyal
Reading today's article on the attack against the secondary 5 teen, it makes me wonder whether the government's rule on banning us from touching our kids when disciplining them is a forward development. In the days when I was a child, I could be beaten with rulers, canes and feather dusters just to name the main methods. The times then, you hardly heard of any group bashings in public places especially by youngsters.

Nowadays, with very supervision and control over our kids, especially when both parents have to go out to work to make ends meet, they tend to grow up without proper culture and humanity. Many tend to grow up with rough ideas and crude behaviors due to the exposure from movies and internet content.

I believe that not only the parent should play a part in this, but the government as well. The "Moral Education" subject which I believe was taken out of the school syllabus should be put back. Allowing us to beat our children with moderate effect like before should also be allowed. Even the teachers could do it during my time. If not, the kids will think they are king now.