• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is Singapore a good place to be?

Boss_555

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore was a good place to be!!!

Due to influx of foreigners and price of everything increases... you tell me lor :rolleyes:

Rub&Buah

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro Rub&Buah... nicely put. i think i shall add a few other points.

Singapore is good if you have money. If you dont. well.
just have a look around chinatown. Old people everywhere
not like they did not work their butts out and save heaps of money
but to continue to live in singapore without money when you are old
it really does sux.

And the worse fear is even if you have 200K CPF when you retire.
do you think with the inflation and all that you will still be able to live
comfortably in singapore ?

Lets say you have fully paid house and car. and you are 65yo.
it means you have 5 - 10 years of life span left.

Daily i gather if you want to eat nicely would take you S$20 a meal (with inflation). That would work out to S$60 for 3 meals. about 1,800 a month.
Add your constituency cost, water and electric.. lets put it at 800 a month.
ENT.. not much lah. lets say 1000 a month.

That would work out to S$3,600 a month. which works out to 43,200 a year
divide that with 200K, that would mean you have only 4.6 years to spend before your money runs out.

Not to forget medicine incase you fall sick...

in my opinion, unless you are rich. singapore would not be a good place to retire. Earn your money when you are young and then find another place to retire.

Yo Bro teraterm,nice to see u in forum again.Long time nv meet up with the groups already,wheres your latest playground huh?:p

I totally agree with what u say.Sometimes it hurts to see those elderly working thruout thier life but did not get to enjoy thier retirement but end up doing shit jobs just to survive.Now even shit job has been taken over by FT.Thier only joy is to sit at kopi tiam & complain to friends abt life sucks,bo pian,sg is like that,govt very clever etc..

So better plan well while young so that we get to live more comfortably when we are old.For me i think u already know which country i will end up retiring in already:biggrin:

Wizard1

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you are rich it is surely a good place to live in. But if you are poor, surely a headache especially all things hiking.

peter ng

Alfrescian
Loyal
S'pore is a nice country, A very small island can step by so many people,

S'pore have nothing (no oil, no rice,shortage of water),

But we can get most of the things.

sir cum-a-lot

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was in a dilema some yrs back, found an avenue out, so i took my family with me- packed & left, and loving it. the grass is not always greener on the other side. but since its a much bigger field, i can be sure that my family & kids has an easier time.

Isayso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore is a wonderful place to be a boss. :p

Instead of complaining, why don't you cross over to the other side of the fence and start "owning some lives" for a change.:wink:

LPPL. How to be a boss if you can't find workers?

Isayso

Alfrescian
Loyal
in my opinion, unless you are rich. singapore would not be a good place to retire. Earn your money when you are young and then find another place to retire.
Totally agree. SGP is simply too expensive to spend your twilight years.

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
S'pore is a city of fear, beware the hatchet man with the knuckle dusters!

It is a city of social engineering that has gone wrong many times eg Bilingual Policy, Stop at Two,, Graduate Mother's scheme, Educational policy gaffes (Cannot even choose the Uni Course one desires even with good grades), U turns (Rethinks) etc.

It cannot really be said to be safe and secure because of the need for a large conscript armed forces to deter imminent invasion plans by her many perceived enemies.

There is no old age financial security judging by the large pool of senior citizens still needing to eke out a living as cleaners etc till their dying day.

One cannot truly say that S'pore children have a real childhood or that families enjoy real quality family lifestyles given the latchkey child/maid dependency culture.

Finally there is the popular phrase in S'pore; "One can die but cannot afford to fall sick."

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Totally agree. SGP is simply too expensive to spend your twilight years.
haven start earn $ already owe $ liao. thsoe go poly have to use parent CPF to buffer the fees. those go local uni also cont use parent CPF to pay fees. come out start working the CPF kena cut back to parent CPF. by the time they clear the CPF debt, already in thier 30s liao.

CPF almost zero, no $ to buy HDB. the gf sure to sipeh tulan dump the bf & find a rich angmo -run lion

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
haven start earn $ already owe $ liao. thsoe go poly have to use parent CPF to buffer the fees. those go local uni also cont use parent CPF to pay fees. come out start working the CPF kena cut back to parent CPF. by the time they clear the CPF debt, already in thier 30s liao.

CPF almost zero, no $ to buy HDB. the gf sure to sipeh tulan dump the bf & find a rich angmo -run lion

This shows that everyone should in some aspect to be a little entrepreneur on their own beside working for others. Everyone should have more than one stream of income. And progress to self-reliance and business stream of income.