• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is she mad?

I_hv_adream

Alfrescian
Loyal
How is she going to do it? What make her thinks that the opposition supporters would want to see her? What is the risk?

New MP Dr Intan wants to engage those who did not vote for PAP

SINGAPORE: A Member of Parliament for Ang Mo Kio GRC, Dr Intan Azura Mokhtar, said she wants to engage those who did not vote for the People's Action Party in the constituency.

This is despite the Ang Mo Kio GRC being the best-performing GRC for the PAP with 69.3 per cent of the votes, compared to 66.6 per cent in 2006.

At her first Meet-the-People Session on Tuesday night, Dr Intan tried to personally meet every single resident out of some 40 who turned up.

She said sincerity, humility and integrity are values she lives by, and she hopes she will be able to earn the trust and respect of residents she serves.

Jalan Kayu has 28,515 residents. Only 3,215 are Malays.

Dr Intan expectes to see more people at her weekly sessions with the completion of two rental flats in Buangkok.

She said she will especially want to work with mothers who need help with childcare arrangements so that they can rejoin the workforce.

Dr Intan is also planning on house visits, something she did during the hustings.

-CNA/ac

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not mad. Good intentions, I am sure. But just a plain naive simpleton who does not understand that:

a) it is a logistical nightmare; there are just x number of hours in a day and even if she is fulltime, can be problematic for her physical and mental condition. I bet $50 that she will stop within 3 months.

b) her actions has implications for the 80+ MPs from her own party who do NOT wish to do so; makes them look chiak liau bee.

c) keeping HER own constituents happy already is problematic enough

d) she is no Rin Tin Tin whom everyone now has to support because if she fcuks up the job, it is a reflection of their extremely stringent process.

Reminds me of the then newly elected Menteri Besar of UMNO (then) Selangor. This real idiot had his mobile number (!!!!) listed on gigantic poster sites around the city area. I don't have to tell you what happened.......

cheekenpie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don meet people like you say she arrogant.... meet, you say she mad.

If she is really sincere, then good for her!

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Not mad. Good intentions, I am sure. But just a plain naive simpleton who does not understand that:

a) it is a logistical nightmare; there are just x number of hours in a day and even if she is fulltime, can be problematic for her physical and mental condition. I bet $50 that she will stop within 3 months.

b) her actions has implications for the 80+ MPs from her own party who do NOT wish to do so; makes them look chiak liau bee.

c) keeping HER own constituents happy already is problematic enough

d) she is no Rin Tin Tin whom everyone now has to support because if she fcuks up the job, it is a reflection of their extremely stringent process.

Reminds me of the then newly elected Menteri Besar of UMNO (then) Selangor. This real idiot had his mobile number (!!!!) listed on gigantic poster sites around the city area. I don't have to tell you what happened.......

hi there

1. aiyoh!
2. new "sheep" sweeps clean mah.
3. how much more can sheep do but to "hear".
4. that does not equate listening or doing things man!

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
every PAP MP elected say the same thing - I will engage those non-supporters, find out why they dun support me, etc...

how ?

Makes me wonder..i thot my vote is secret? does it mean, they know who i voted for? Otherwise how they will engage the non-supporters?

I_hv_adream

Alfrescian
Loyal
yap, think she will stop soon. For sure people who went to meet their MP for help will not identify themselves as a opposition supporter...it's like throwing an egg against the wall. She will not get to know the real problems...

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Isn't the PAP way of engaging people who do not vote or support them in a cul-de-sac with a hatchet and knuckle-busters?

Last edited:

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's just one of the propaganda the mainstream pros is spinning. Talk about the vote is secret, just how silly can she be if she were to ask someone who they vote for.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's just one of the propaganda the mainstream pros is spinning. Talk about the vote is secret, just how silly can she be if she were to ask someone who they vote for.

It is an indirect way of confirming who is against them, so they can mark an Alibaba X on the door. Also, there may be more police reports by MPs against citizens who refuse to ever vote for them.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
a leopard never change its spot. to get PAP to change...difficult. Just read LKY's latest book - u can tell...

he start off as saying - this is what i think, you may think otherwise, but don't attempt to change me...

Mighty Megatron

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thsk don't take it as literally that she intends to engage each and everyone of them because it is not possible. Only way for her to know who voted against her is for the voter to tell her. Moreover very few will openly tell it to her face.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
At her first Meet-the-People Session on Tuesday night, Dr Intan tried to personally meet every single resident out of some 40 who turned up.

DUring the days of Lee Boon yang and Pei Jie Hwa, these PAP old MPs met EVERYONE and its not an attempt.

No wonder PAP lost support. even MPS are like....half heartedly done.