• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is Shanghai worth visit?

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not been Shanghai, but agree with you, based on my experience dealing with them in Sg. I used to call them 下海人。

Go to Hangzhou and then take a train to Shanghai. Just spend 1 night at Shanghai will do. Nothing much to see or do there.

You can also go to Qingdao for their Beer Festival from 14 - 29 Aug.

sinren67

Alfrescian
Loyal
Go to Hangzhou and then take a train to Shanghai. Just spend 1 night at Shanghai will do. Nothing much to see or do there.

You can also go to Qingdao for their Beer Festival from 14 - 29 Aug.

Tks for the input again. Looks like Shanghai is a base for cities around it.

Last edited:

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
I did some homework. Cheapest airfare found is around $603 (return, non-stop). Hotel is $56 per night. Might get hostel to cut cost. What's minimum cost for the KTVs there?

hi bro sinren,

The $603 is from which airlines :confused:

I purchased SQ airtickets round-trips to Shanghai costing $691 each under Super Deals :biggrin: travelling there in Aug 2010.

jw5

Loyal
You are right. I'm sick of life. The wow factor is long gone.
There is no such thing as a wow factor in life.
The only thing to do is to sit back and be entertained and wait for the inevitable.

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is no such thing as a wow factor in life.
The only thing to do is to sit back and be entertained and wait for the inevitable.

That's when I've been there done that and retired. I'm not even close to that yet.

sinren67

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi bro sinren,

The $603 is from which airlines :confused:

I purchased SQ airtickets round-trips to Shanghai costing $691 each under Super Deals :biggrin: travelling there in Aug 2010.

I can't remember which website, but i think is Eastern China Airline, based on Sep's prices.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Plan to visit Shanghai in order to clear some accumulated leave before Oct. Not too keen for expo unless no need to queue. How to kill the time if i will to stay for 5-6 days within Shanghai only without visiting expo? I just want to relax.
Is 6 days too much for shanghai alone?

3-d model of city planning - must see, a few hours
yuyuan garden and adjoining tea houses and shops - half a day
chenghuang miao - an hour or two
famous crab dumpling restaurant - lunch or dinner
bund, downtown (nanjing road), xin tian di - half a day, better at night
zhujiajiao gu zhen (old town) - half a day
jinmao tower, oriental pearl tower on pudong side - a few hours
suzhou and historic water towns (fengjing and others) - one day tour
hangzhou - must see, one day tour (most tours to hangzhou only operate on tuesdays, must book in advance)

if you have some extra time at night, spend a few hours at the old jinjiang hotel. there's a restaurant at the 11th floor, if i remember correctly. it packs a lot of nostalgia and old shanghai memories.

Jabba

Alfrescian
Loyal
6 days abit too long...nothing much to do in Shanghai...you will be bored after two days...take a 45mins bullet train to suzhou and tour for a day...another day to hangzhou...

Baroko

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you have not been to Shanghai then you should go for the first time. Don't allow blokes advise you against it. It is NOT expensive. If you can afford Singapore or Hong Kong, you can easily afford Shanghai. See for yourself how the Chinese have progressed so that you'd believe everything our MIW tells us. Let it be an eye opener. Go to the electronc malls, the fine restaurants, cheap CDs and videos, Nanjing East Rd.....etc. Yeah, take a day trip out to Suchou and/or Hangzhou. You will certainly not regret it. Trust me. I have been there for business and pleasure more than 2 dozen times and I am still thinking of returning again. btw 4-5 days is never enough for me. I go for a 10 day jaunt each time.

Baroko

Alfrescian
Loyal
6 days abit too long...nothing much to do in Shanghai...you will be bored after two days...take a 45mins bullet train to suzhou and tour for a day...another day to hangzhou...

How can you be bored after 2 days? If your are bored after 2 days, you are bored with life. Just do your research before landing and you should discover the many wonders Shanghai has to offer. I go for 10 day jaunt each time and I never get bored.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
what a nice girl like you doing here ,

in a place like this ?:confused:

Indeed, I'm also curious how to get more females into this forum given that most seem to males here. It sure would liven up the place more in here. What makes you come to SBF lolabunny?

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indeed, I'm also curious how to get more females into this forum given that most seem to males here. It sure would liven up the place more in here. What makes you come to SBF lolabunny?

How come you guys know she is a female?

For all you know, Krafty could be a mamasan.