• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is SG birth rate directly related to election results?

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
PM Lee Hsien Loong said that the sg birth rate for last year 2011 is the highest at 1.20, from 1.15 in 2010.
Last year, during the may election, we see a lowest drop in the support for the pap, losing a major GPC to the opposition.
Could the result of the election be a factor for sgreans to conceive more babies?
The "pap fatigue" which catherine Lim points out, is preventing sgreans to have babies?
Has the last year election result caused a mood swing on sgreans, causing them to have an optimsitic outlook
and looking more towards the future, thus creating a hopeful atmosphere to have babies?
IMO, it could very well be.
It may also have an effect on people deciding to get married too.
I see a few of my friends getting married last year after the May election.
It seems that there is an unamanious cause for joy and celebration after the election.
I am also bewildered by this phemomenon.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
coolguy said:
PM Lee Hsien Loong said that the sg birth rate for last year 2011 is the highest at 1.20, from 1.15 in 2010.
Has the last year election result caused a mood swing on sgreans, causing them to have an optimsitic outlook
and looking more towards the future, thus creating a hopeful atmosphere to have babies?

It could likely be. Even Tracy Tan is thinking of making one.