• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is Queenstown a Deadtown now?

peterlth

Alfrescian
Loyal
I spent my childhood at queenstown, just beside the old queenstown polyclinic. I recalled a very good duck meat noddle and chicken rice. There was also a cinema. Today when I went there again, there is nothing. Even the NTUC fairprice is gone. Very sad.
305654106_c0b185552a_o.jpg

dupersuper

Alfrescian
Loyal
The NTUC was still open last week. Are u sure its closed down?
Anyway the library is nice & quiet while the hawker center still serves good food.

Hope these 2 final landmarks will not be demolished in the name of greed just like the rest.

As in many other estates, HDB etc created the ghost town.
Demolished & chase all the tenants away with crazy rent, hoping to make a windfall on sale of the land. Alas, no one came.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
top_tptclogo.gif

top_wecare.gif

The MISSION of the Town Council is to provide high quality living environment for the HDB residents in Tanjong Pagar Town. This has been our driving force behind all our estate management and maintenance efforts.

nkfnkfnkf

Alfrescian
Loyal
I spent my childhood at queenstown, just beside the old queenstown polyclinic. I recalled a very good duck meat noddle and chicken rice. There was also a cinema. Today when I went there again, there is nothing. Even the NTUC fairprice is gone. Very sad.

More than just that one town, many towns in Singapore will be in the same scenario. Within months you will see this clear.

funglung

Alfrescian
Loyal

That was very good duck meat noodle.

Something I miss a lot.

I didnt care much for the chicken rice

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The REAL Queenstown! Beat that!

Attachments

• queenstowns.jpg
    queenstowns.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 224

DerekLeung

Alfrescian
Loyal

That's the idea. PAP wants you to leave so you will buy PAP's high price pigeon holes, spend at their high rent food court and spend at NTUC where they can pass building contracts to cronies to build more build-up areas.

How to beat the system, stay tuned !

facial

Alfrescian
Loyal
The NTUC supermarket is still there. The 2nd floor where they now sell winter clothes and outdoor accessories used to be a game arcade during my primary school days. My fav hangout.

Also, the 2 churches used to be cinemas (Golden City and Venus, if I remembered correctly). There used to be an emporium call "Tai Chung" where I spend many hour loitering and marvellng at their stationaries and "Airfix" models.

It was the most "happening place" back in the 70s and early 80s. Its really sad to see it in this state now. Brings back lots of childhood memories.......

travelbug

Alfrescian
Loyal

Its an Ah Neh town now. Lots of these imported FT trash stay there cos its still quite close to certain American IT MNCs in the West vicinity.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looking at Queenstown and the lack of new infrastructure or new buildings, one can surmise that long term town planning has set it aside for something really big such as a second CBD or high end residential zone. The only major change has been couple high rise HDB blocks. Interesting watch.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The NTUC supermarket is still there. Also, the 2 churches used to be cinemas (Golden City and Venus, if I remembered correctly). There used to be an emporium call "Tai Chung" where I spend many hour loitering and marvellng..It was the most "happening place" back in the 70s and early 80s...
Add bowling alley too. KTV replacing cinema also history.