• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is Penang Hill cooler? Any houses to buy.?

Tun Tija

Alfrescian
Loyal
Temperature drop 6.5 deg C for 1000m of elevation. Penang hill peak is at 833m. So cooler by 5.4 deg C if you buy a house at the peak compare with a house at the beach.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Went to Penang Hill few times. The weather is quite pleasant not that hot and not so chilly like Cameron. I was fascinated by the old houses on top of the hill, some dating back to the colonial era. Went to this cafe for some coffee whose owners kept alot of scorpions in a glass tank. He claimed that the scorpions were harmless and encouraged us to touch them. I declined his offer. Penang Hill is great place for walking and exploring the natural surroundings. The funicular railway is another interesting mode of transport there. Went to Kek Lok Si temple and even from the temple, the view is a sight to behold.

Reactions: jw5

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wrong place-unless Penang char kway teow KBW is here or Penang laksa Loh Kean Yew is reading this.
On a serious note, have you heard of a Penangnite buying a house on Penang Hill?

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Too bad. The entire hill belongs to the state.unless they decide to sell, you cannot build anything else on top

SalahParking

Alfrescian
Loyal
Screenshot_2022-01-06-15-50-06-847_com.android.chrome.jpg

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, I've also visited the Kek Lok Si Temple and the Snake Temple. All my Malaysian and Hatyai trips were self-drive, free and easy, together with my wife. Have you been to Pangkor Island to catch the Blue Tears?

KLS 1a.jpg

KLS 2a.jpg

KLS 3a.jpg

Snake 1a.jpg

Snake 2a.jpg

Last edited: