• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is palmergate resignation voluntary?

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
It has been reported by the press that palmer voluntary handed the resignation letter to the PM,
and at the same day it is approved by the PM.
But judging from the deamanour of palmergate at wed press conference, it doesn't seem so.
Stoned, sad with teary ears, it seems he is being coerced into doing something he will never do.
Remember T.T Durai? Durai has exactly the same expression as palmergate when he attended the press conference together
with Khor Boon Wan, where he was publicly sacked from the NKF.
It is the sort of expression that signals dispair, something which they holds so dearly has been taken away from them.
The only difference is while the exit of Durai was bitter and shameful, the exit of palmergate was sugar-coated and
damage control is fully cushioned.
The move was so deliberate it can be viewed as a face-saving gesture by the party.
In the case of Yawgate, a BOI was setup but Yaw chose not to attend the meeting.
After this WP offically announced the sacking of Yaw.
For palmergate, there is no BOI. Everything is kept in the dark
and suddenly news of his resignation erupted.
The question now is this.
Is his resignation voluntary or is he being coerced by someone at the top into resigning?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Michael Palmer is a trained lawyer and a partner with a premium firm. Even a moron with much less than that would have tendered his resignation without being asked and told. He does not need the income from the state. The moment you resign the nomalcy and privacy would return. He knew what he did and a man in his position would know the meaning of damage control.

This question on whether he resigned or fired is the second one and I am surprised you guys don't even understand how things work at such levels. An ordinary manager in an ordinary firm would have enough common sense to throw in the towel as damage control is rather intuitive.

Why do you expect him to do - stand firm and swing his dick waiting for people to write his destiny. He is not a kennel hand who does not have qualifications or the necessary experience to move on quickly.

Last edited:

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why do you expect him to do - stand firm and swing his dick waiting for people to write his destiny. He is not a kennel hand who does not have qualifications or the necessary experience to move on quickly.

He should have been more circumspect about swinging his firm dick around.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The emotional reaction shows that the turns of events was sudden and damaging at a personal level. It has nothing to do with loss of income or public title. He probably went to hell and back in those four days. There is no need for PAP fire a man like Palmer. Even a grassroots leader would have stepped down and saved himself that level of agony. Only a twit like YSL would actually let it drag for three bloody weeks before getting fired.

The only question remaining is was there more wrongdoing, and for that the media is complicit in silencing any question on this. They have successfully painted Palmer as a noble righteous individual who manned up to his errors and was bold, decisive, resolute, etc, etc, etc, etc. On the other hand the prostitute press has taken on a smear campaign against laura to divert attention.

Typical govt machinery propaganda.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Haha, i guess evryone always thinks they can handle things, on top of events and tHe corollary is also true, evryone is wiser after the event. Local parlace: horse-back-cannon :-)

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

You're missing the point. You can put your cock anywhere as long as in the public image you stay pristine and white. The problem now is the Braddell Brothel has succeeded in painting L.O. as a bitch, whore, slut whilst making Palmer like the God of Morality reincarnated. It is bloody screwed up and senseless.

What kind of mass media is this.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tend to disagree bro.

Extramarital affairs are rather commonplace. Its is also not a new phenomenon. Where there have been conflict of interest or boss-subordinate relationships, the protagonists were quick to resign. Its actually common sense. In fact in some cases, its a race between HR and them. I have seen pre-dated letters of resignation to avoid disciplinary or the publicity. In the civil service, its was the same until NBG affair. As former HR head SPF, he must have seen all previous incidents and felt played out.

Lets not make it complicated.

Haha, i guess evryone always thinks they can handle things, on top of events and tHe corollary is also true, evryone is wiser after the event. Local parlace: horse-back-cannon :-)

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
He swung his dick and was called honourable. She was so low down the food chain and she is now the devil. The sums do not add up.

I am disgusted with her role in PA but at the same time I feel sorry that she is bearing the brunt. She has nobody while Palmer and his wife are good as gold from what I heard.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
You're missing the point. You can put your cock anywhere as long as in the public image you stay pristine and white. The problem now is the Braddell Brothel has succeeded in painting L.O. as a bitch, whore, slut whilst making Palmer like the God of Morality reincarnated. It is bloody screwed up and senseless.

What kind of mass media is this.

Well he screwed up. (Or rather, he screwed down.) I mean, did he not make a mistake? This is almost a smaller version of the General Petraus affair.

And the Braddell brothel did not fool everybody, it didn't fool you. An adulterer is an adulterer. Most people are clear about that, spin or no spin.

The spinning reflects a mild panic. There are a lot of things that we are not certain about but what is absolutely certain is that for the PAP to lose Punggol East now would be quite a big disaster (for them).

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal

I have an acquaintance who had a fairly promising civil service career until it got ended by a similar incident of having an affair with a subordinate. When asked about it, he said, I dunno man - I was spending so much time at work and seeing more of her than my wife. So it just happened man. Too much stress being a pappie, I suppose.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
Things will be taken to the next level when NBG / PL go back to Court.

Tend to disagree bro.

Extramarital affairs are rather commonplace. Its is also not a new phenomenon. Where there have been conflict of interest or boss-subordinate relationships, the protagonists were quick to resign. Its actually common sense. In fact in some cases, its a race between HR and them. I have seen pre-dated letters of resignation to avoid disciplinary or the publicity. In the civil service, its was the same until NBG affair. As former HR head SPF, he must have seen all previous incidents and felt played out.

Lets not make it complicated.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He swung his dick and was called honourable. She was so low down the food chain and she is now the devil. The sums do not add up.

I am disgusted with her role in PA but at the same time I feel sorry that she is bearing the brunt. She has nobody while Palmer and his wife are good as gold from what I heard.

She may wise up now to realize that she had been used by Palmer and the PAP. The PAP will try to silence her as she could have interesting stories to share on how taxpayers money is spent to support the PAP.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
She may wise up now to realize that she had been used by Palmer and the PAP. The PAP will try to silence her as she could have interesting stories to share on how taxpayers money is spent to support the PAP.

What do u mean by "silence her"! U make sound like a mafia hit??

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
What can she do? All the mainstream media are controlled by the pappies.
I don't think she has got any handle against the pappies.
Even if she has, it is peanuts compared to the $$ used by Ho jinx's Temasick holdings.

julyaric720

Alfrescian
Loyal
WOW!!! Nice Post!Kind Regards
waha.jpg