• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Is our tap water drinkable? Do we really need to boil first?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Certainly, but after filtering and witnessing the before and after of your filtered tap water, you might not want to anymore. :wink:

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have been drinking tap water since my N-Ass days in the mid 80s. We don't have the luxury of time for boiling water.
We need to condition our body to tap water in order to build up our immune system.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I have been drinking tap water since my N-Ass days in the mid 80s. We don't have the luxury of time for boiling water.
We need to condition our body to tap water in order to build up our immune system.

Was it recycled shit water in those days?

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now the reservoirs are collecting all the lonkang and shit water.
If a factory drain out too dirty or chemicals laden water to the lonkang, the factory can be fined heavily or even shut down if it's repeated offence.
PUB is monitoring all factories.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sg tap water is very acidic at ph range of 5.2 to 5.7. measured the ph at several places 6.9 years ago. must be high levels of chloride from chlorine. boiling doesn't remove the chloride compounds. but why need to boil when bacteria is already dead from high levels of chloride compounds? it's safe to drink in the short term. long term better to drink higher ph (alkaline) water. i distill tap water (ph of 6.5 in sillycon valley) and add minerals to my daily reserve of 6.9 gallons of drinking water. the ph after distillation is 6.9, very close to the neutral level of 7. i supplement my reserve with alkaline water of ph of 8 or more every 6.9 days.
1645341590055.png

jw5

Loyal
Long long time ago our agong lky said our water can drink directly from tap. Guys, what's your habit?

I boil the water, let some of it cool, and put in the fridge. The rest of the hot water I use to make coffee. :coffee:

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
sg tap water is very acidic at ph range of 5.2 to 5.7. measured the ph at several places 6.9 years ago. must be high levels of chloride from chlorine. boiling doesn't remove the chloride compounds. but why need to boil when bacteria is already dead from high levels of chloride compounds? it's safe to drink in the short term. long term better to drink higher ph (alkaline) water. i distill tap water (ph of 6.5 in sillycon valley) and add minerals to my daily reserve of 6.9 gallons of drinking water. the ph after distillation is 6.9, very close to the neutral level of 7. i supplement my reserve with alkaline water of ph of 8 or more every 6.9 days.
View attachment 134830
5.2-5.7? That's harsh.

May I suggest sodium fluoride instead of chloride? As far as I know, there should be no chlorides in sinkie sai cui.

Enjoy777

Alfrescian
Loyal
Long long time ago our agong lky said our water can drink directly from tap. Guys, what's your habit?
Please boil water before drinking.

There are ants that always go to drink water from my boiled water container, that I now seal my boiled water container.

I conducted an experiment, putting a dish of boiled water and a dish of tap water, side by side. The ants only went for the boiled water.

Therefore, please boil water before drinking! The ants will not lie. Tap water is not the same as before.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
You mean chemical toleration. Even germs die in those taps.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
My uncle wanted to ask does samsters wash their water boiler or don't need wash ? My uncle realised his boiler inside got rust even is not verlee old. Google say can use vinegar cleaner or baking soda to boil wash.