• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is MM Lee redundant?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Many would be in agreement with your above first para. What has he done as a MM beised going to other countries and putting his hands into other people's business ?

I have no concern with what he is doing with other countries, happy or not. Actually I don't even care. However, I am not ok with him taking a huge salary while doing that to beef up his personal presence and not bring value to singapore, beside telling the Singaporeeans to put a spur in their hide.

Either MM is redundant or his son is stupid and incompetent. After many years as DPM, he apparently still cannot be trusted to run the place alone, and needs his father to mentor him. As well as 2 other ministers to assist him in the PMO, and one more senior minister just in case. WTF.

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
But in my own opinion and observation, they will bring more benefits to the common people than the elites.

Even in this point, there is no certainty.

Because being a Prime Minister you are subjected to too many issues often conflicting, there will be temptations to forego the common people in favour of the elites who supported you so that your policies to the common people can get across.

That is why I had always treasured my leaders PM LKY and PM GCT for having the human element within them.

Good leaders are hard to find.

I feel that the late JB might make a good leader. Hopefully his son KJ might be one, not on the basis that capabilities runs in the family, but on the basis that he has an incentive to succeed for his father's sake.

Also the incentive to remain a man of integrity, so that the memory of his father will be vindicated.

The nature of incentives - to live as the man intended by his own father - is very strong in children of famous fathers.

In time to come, they will find their own footing.

I am optimistic enough to feel this about singapore children of famous fathers.

Getloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not on any political party and I will not comment much.
But if LTK and CST can't even manage their own party and attracting new bloods, then probably you are right.
But I also don't think saying 'Fixing opposition and buying votes' on national TV is PM material and that is not the only hiccup.

Getloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even in this point, there is no certainty.

Because being a Prime Minister you are subjected to too many issues often conflicting, there will be temptations to forego the common people in favour of the elites who supported you so that your policies to the common people can get across.

That is why I had always treasured my leaders PM LKY and PM GCT for having the human element within them.

Good leaders are hard to find.

I feel that the late JB might make a good leader. Hopefully his son KJ might be one, not on the basis that capabilities runs in the family, but on the basis that he has an incentive to succeed for his father's sake.

Also the incentive to remain a man of integrity, so that the memory of his father will be vindicated.

The nature of incentives - to live as the man intended by his own father - is very strong in children of famous fathers.

In time to come, they will find their own footing.

I am optimistic enough to feel this about singapore children of famous fathers.

To a certain extend, I can agree with some of your statement.