• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Is Malaysia selling raw water to Singapore at a fair price ?

A Singaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
This water agreement was signed in 1962 which is over 56 years ago. I am not aware of any commercial contract which would last so long without being reviewed at regular intervals. There is no doubt that the agreement is legally binding but is the agreement still fair to both parties ? We should not take advantage of the lapse by Malaysia for not seeking a review earlier as provided in the agreement. Malaysia is after all is our closest neighbour and both are so interdependent on each other for our future. In the spirit of good neighbourliness we should agree to open discussion with Malaysia on a win win solution and no just being legally correct.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This water agreement was signed in 1962 which is over 56 years ago. I am not aware of any commercial contract which would last so long without being reviewed at regular intervals. There is no doubt that the agreement is legally binding but is the agreement still fair to both parties ? We should not take advantage of the lapse by Malaysia for not seeking a review earlier as provided in the agreement. Malaysia is after all is our closest neighbour and both are so interdependent on each other for our future. In the spirit of good neighbourliness we should agree to open discussion with Malaysia on a win win solution and no just being legally correct.

I support both Malaysia and Singapore raising their prices of raw water and treated water respectively by the same proportion.

If jiuhu wants to up their price by 50 times, Singapore should also up the price of treated water by 50 times.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
I support both Malaysia and Singapore raising their prices of raw water and treated water respectively by the same proportion.

If jiuhu wants to up their price by 50 times, Singapore should also up the price of treated water by 50 times.
Silly you. Later Msia say they treat water themselves then u kena self pwned. :biggrin:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another 40 odd yrs to go before agreement expire and jiu hu gets to manage the water catchment area the size of jurong and tuas combine, which currently is under the administration of singapore.

Last edited:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the jiuhukias could treat the water themselves at an affordable cost, they would have done so long ago.
Jiu hu got plenty if rivers to get the water from rivers at batu oahat, muar etc. Just lay a pipe and all problems solved. Malacca currently buying 35 million gallons of raw water from johore at 50 sen per 1000 gsllons. Wants to increase tge volume but johore wants more money if it does.
And selangor buys raw water from pahang at 10 sen per cubic meter. I cubic meter = 220 imperial gallons.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I suppork. Jiuhu should learn to process their own water. And Singapore should stop being a miser.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If the jiuhukias could treat the water themselves at an affordable cost, they would have done so long ago.
You’re silly. The quantity of treated water purchased by jiuhu is a mere 2% of raw water Singapore buys from them. It’s only the useless corrupted Johor state that failed to buck up.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Let’s not be hypocrites. We talk so much about self sufficiency and we don’t need Jiu Hu’s water. On the other hand all the army boys are indoctrinated with the notion, if Jiu Hu turns off the tap, its WAR.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Silly man lah you! Purpose of two way agreement is to compensate for price increase. Treat water increase faster or water sitting around increase faster you tell me? It is good deal for matland scumbags! Talk neighbourly, squat vessels over our territorial waters is call good neighbourly spirit meh? Out! :mad:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mudland should sell cheap raw water to SG for now. it is a tacit understanding between both sides when SG left Malaysia back then. in return, SG should be fair on the treated water price.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
The author is either a mudlander in disguise or a singkie traitor. I recommend death by hanging for a singkie traitor who post such treasonous article. Why no mention of the treated water sold to mudland by singkieland? What about the losses? One sided treasonous BS. And what about mudlanders who take advantage of singkies bcos singkie gahmen allows it? If singkie land never open the doors to mudlanders...these mudlanders will be starving in mudland.

A Singaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
The author is either a mudlander in disguise or a singkie traitor. I recommend death by hanging for a singkie traitor who post such treasonous article. Why no mention of the treated water sold to mudland by singkieland? What about the losses? One sided treasonous BS. And what about mudlanders who take advantage of singkies bcos singkie gahmen allows it? If singkie land never open the doors to mudlanders...these mudlanders will be starving in mudland.
A win win solution means both raw water and treated water will be on the table for discussion.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If singkie land never open the doors to mudlanders...these mudlanders will be starving in mudland.

I almost laugh my head off.:roflmao:

Population of Msia is 32.3 million. How many jiuhukia worked in Sinkieland? :rolleyes:

Btw Tun only wanted to demolish the causeway on their side and built a crooked bridge, woody got panicked.:roflmao: