• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is LKY really that good?

jw5

Loyal
Firstly, it was not LKY who steered SG to prosperity, much credit should go to the Dutch man, Albert Winsemius.

I can understand exactly how you felt. When I first started work, I worked in a Stat Board and so was my dad then. I was then enamoured with PAP. When I found out that my dad voted for the opposition without fail at every election, I was furious. I did not understand why he would want to "rock the boat" (in PAP's words). In my anger, I said some harsh words and started to despise him for everything he did. He did not say a word to me about why he always supported the opposition, nor did he argue with me. He must have known in his wisdom that it would be a futile exercise.

Now, I can only say it here that "I am really sorry to have hurt you, dad."
Don't worry bro.
I think he knew that you would come around eventually.
The smart ones usually do. :smile:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... I was then enamoured with PAP. When I found out that my dad voted for the opposition without fail at every election, I was furious. I did not understand why he would want to "rock the boat" (in PAP's words). In my anger, I said some harsh words and started to despise him for everything he did. He did not say a word to me about why he always supported the opposition, nor did he argue with me. He must have known in his wisdom that it would be a futile exercise. ...
ginger is o 1 hot ...

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then the clocked stopped and began going backwards.

Anyone can recall good things done after 1990?

Bro, because after 1990, they lay back and relax. They just didn't have the spurs dug deep and hrad enough into their butts, that's why. But now we're being blamed.

gone4good

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problem is that the average man will normally not be bothered about politics or know about the rotten nature of the govt unless they are personally involved or come across them. I am one of them. When i first graduated from NUS, i will defend PAP and wonders why our own Singaporeans will complained about them. Inside me, i will be thinking that these must be the forgotten lot, the jealous lot who the govt's policy cannot pleased and in a country, the policy can only pleased the majority and there would be a minority pissed off by it.

However, slowly over time as i take a step back and start to show more interest in govt's issues, i realized that their policy is actually to please the minority (they are the stakeholders) and ignore the majority. Seriously, many of them are out of touch with the men on the ground. In the past few years, the definition of 'Elite' is becoming more and more obvious to the average Singaporean. It is time for us to do something and destroy this 'Elite' class before things become permanently damaged

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Firstly, it was not LKY who steered SG to prosperity, much credit should go to the Dutch man, Albert Winsemius.

I can understand exactly how you felt. When I first started work, I worked in a Stat Board and so was my dad then. I was then enamoured with PAP. When I found out that my dad voted for the opposition without fail at every election, I was furious. I did not understand why he would want to "rock the boat" (in PAP's words). In my anger, I said some harsh words and started to despise him for everything he did. He did not say a word to me about why he always supported the opposition, nor did he argue with me. He must have known in his wisdom that it would be a futile exercise.

Now, I can only say it here that "I am really sorry to have hurt you, dad."
I accept your apology son, from the moment I saw you i know you are a dickhead.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problem is that the average man will normally not be bothered about politics or know about the rotten nature of the govt unless they are personally involved or come across them. I am one of them. When i first graduated from NUS, i will defend PAP and wonders why our own Singaporeans will complained about them. Inside me, i will be thinking that these must be the forgotten lot, the jealous lot who the govt's policy cannot pleased and in a country, the policy can only pleased the majority and there would be a minority pissed off by it.

However, slowly over time as i take a step back and start to show more interest in govt's issues, i realized that their policy is actually to please the minority (they are the stakeholders) and ignore the majority. Seriously, many of them are out of touch with the men on the ground. In the past few years, the definition of 'Elite' is becoming more and more obvious to the average Singaporean. It is time for us to do something and destroy this 'Elite' class before things become permanently damaged
You are right, why fix it when it an't broken. When times are good let the good times roll. When Chairman Mao was at his height of popularity see how the young people had supported him? If you want to eradite the elite just throw your vote at the oppo regardless of their quali, as long they got the guts that counts. Vote gutsy people in, like Uncleyap (if he stand for election), and he will do wonders for you.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... Anyone can recall good things done after 1990?
goot tings aint goot enuff ...

bestest tings got ...

world's bestest paid politicians ...

looks like tings took a major turn around 1990? ... +/- a couple of yrs ...

den, sumting terribly horrendous muz hv happened @ dat time! ... :eek:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
绝对的权利 绝对的腐化

why the peasants persist on giving LKY and PAP total power in parliament?