• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is it wise to buy a used laptop?

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
Contemplating getting a replacement laptop. But the prices of new ones are way beyond my budget. I don't believe in paying so much for a depreciating item. Some reused ones in the market still look very new and in good condition. I just need it to do my work using Words and Excel, serve the net and Zoom. My budget below $400.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My friend bought a used laptop but later on he discovered his wife naked photo in the second hand laptop. After that he realised that his wife had many bf before she married him.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN my uncle think as long as is in perfect working condition buy used item is also same as new KNN the moment you buy a new item the next sec is already considered used KNN

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What is the price difference between a low specs new laptop and a similarly low specs used laptop? Not a lot, the most is a few hundred bucks. Save a lot of hassle to buy a new one with warranty.

Advise vs Advice
Surf vs Serve

Always look at the big picture and never be penny wise pound foolish:frown:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
CHUWI Official HeroBook Pro 14.1-Inch 1920*1080 IPS FHD Screen / Intel® Gemini-Lake N4000 Processor 8GB/256GB SSD $339
https://www.lazada.sg/products/chuw...l?spm=a2o42.seller.list.5.65e3197awkesG8&mp=1

the Chuwi laptop is good for the price. the Acer and Lenovo equivalents are $400+ with just 4GB ram / 64GB emmc. the websites reviews are largely positive. they said it is good enough to play Youtube 4K videos smoothly and light gaming. it is 256gb emmc, not ssd.

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
Never buy 2nd hand laptop.. U have to considered warrenty. Laptop needs warrenty.. U r paying for warrenty. Only firsthand laptop warrenty is more worth it. If the 2nd hand lap top still got warrenty. Then OK.. Use the warrenty to change all parts. But I doubt 2nd hand laptop got warrenty.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Contemplating getting a replacement laptop. But the prices of new ones are way beyond my budget. I don't believe in paying so much for a depreciating item. Some reused ones in the market still look very new and in good condition. I just need it to do my work using Words and Excel, serve the net and Zoom. My budget below $400.
Buy the best your budget allows. Buy new.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
KNN my uncle think as long as is in perfect working condition buy used item is also same as new KNN the moment you buy a new item the next sec is already considered used KNN
K.N.N.

Me nephew saids a recon laptop is "heng-sway".

If Heng, may last long.

If Sway, after few weeks, may Kaput.

Firstly, me nephew advised not to buy from
Sim Lim.
Nephew and uncle are inseparable. :biggrin:

cowbellc

Alfrescian
Loyal
2nd hand below $400? Don't expect much from it.

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
usually the used/re-conditioned laptops do not have any more warranty. ram and sdd/hdd can be easily replaced by yourself. but if motherboard or GPU is dead then it would be too costly and troublesome to repair or replace.

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal
used to bought a 2nd hand lenovo laptop from a late 20 lady owner from carosell.
she damm chio.sold me a lenovo core i7 for $350.
i faster bring home and recovery the harddisk by using recovery softyware.
bingo.saw her sex video with her many bf.she is tech dumb.thinking del the video is safe.
found some of her cum on face video and cum in mouth video. yummy.
boob size..about sizeable B i guess. damm hairy.

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
used to bought a 2nd hand lenovo laptop from a late 20 lady owner from carosell.
she damm chio.sold me a lenovo core i7 for $350.
i faster bring home and recovery the harddisk by using recovery softyware.
bingo.saw her sex video with her many bf.she is tech dumb.thinking del the video is safe.
found some of her cum on face video and cum in mouth video. yummy.
boob size..about sizeable B i guess. damm hairy.
Sexually deprived boomers loves to tell stories.