• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is it right timing to sell my 3room flat and upgrade to 5room resale flat?

cloudy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am currently staying in a 3room hdb and thinking to upgrade to a 5room flat. My daughter is going to grow older and in time to come, she probably needs more space, a bigger bedroom and an connected bathroom. I have been looking at propertyguru and some property channel youtube videos amd tempted to make a switch now. But I am unsure whether it's the good timing because its pandemic now and there aren't many Malaysian workers to renovate the flat after I purchase and complete the transaction in 2 or 3 months time. Am I being too risk averse? Or should I just bite the bullet?

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I am currently staying in a 3room hdb and thinking to upgrade to a 5room flat. My daughter is going to grow older and in time to come, she probably needs more space, a bigger bedroom and an connected bathroom. I have been looking at propertyguru and some property channel youtube videos amd tempted to make a switch now. But I am unsure whether it's the good timing because its pandemic now and there aren't many Malaysian workers to renovate the flat after I purchase and complete the transaction in 2 or 3 months time. Am I being too risk averse? Or should I just bite the bullet?

This couldn't be a better time. Take advantage of current prices. Don't worry about Malaysian workers. I'm sure after the CCB is lifted, there will be workers aplenty to do the work.

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think there's much of a difference cos if u buy low you'll sell low also.. Unless u keep your 3rm hdb n rent it out n buy private!

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN my uncle suggest upgrade to 4 room if more space is needed KNN 4 room hdb and 5 room hdb also has 3 bedrooms enough of privacy but why do anyone need a bigger hall and pay so much money for that little extra space unless your money overflow KNN

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My daughter is going to grow older and in time to come, she probably needs more space, a bigger bedroom and an connected bathroom.
Think long term, she will eventually get married and not staying with you. Why need a bigger room only trying to downsize in future and your 5-room is going to be a depreciating asset.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
get 6.9 rooms if you can and sublet out sextra rooms to working girls and 3 musketeers sharing a room like i do at bedok. be a landlady like my landlady and enjoy quid pro quo freebies from your sub-tenants such as house cleaning, cooking, babysitting. and if you’re lucky, a strong kind generous handsome tenant can protect you too, including but not limited to tantric tenderness.

CPTMiller

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you are a small family two adults one child. 2 bedroom is more then enough.
But if you planning more children down the road.
Then you should upgrade while young with stable income

CPTMiller

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think long term, she will eventually get married and not staying with you. Why need a bigger room only trying to downsize in future and your 5-room is going to be a depreciating asset.
Singapore property is not going to keep appreciating value.
Singapore is too small a country maintain continue economy growth
I know government is trying to use population growth to enable economy growth.
But this model has its negative effect

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
If you are a small family two adults one child. 2 bedroom is more then enough.
But if you planning more children down the road.
Then you should upgrade while young with stable income
I honestly do not think she'll have more children. Because I have not accepted her marriage proposal yet.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Bro please dont scare her cloudy away.
It the meantime start planning your 2nd June bukit batok adventure.
Don't worry about it, she and I have a very good relationship. Mutual understanding.:thumbsup::biggrin:

Am I supposed to know the activity at bukit batok on 2 June?

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
is 3 rm to 5rm that critical for a 2 person family ?...if it's for capital gain ,is it not 99 years leasehold a depreciating asset?...from accounting point of view ,it does not make any sense

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
is 3 rm to 5rm that critical for a 2 person family ?...if it's for capital gain ,is it not 99 years leasehold a depreciating asset?...from accounting point of view ,it does not make any sense

This path of ascension is programmed into every sinkie from an early age. 3 room -> 5 room -> condo -> landed property and jap car -> any continental car -> Beemer/Merc.

Many of those who cannot complete this journey view themselves as failures.

mikelee1420

Alfrescian
Loyal
This path of ascension is programmed into every sinkie from an early age. 3 room -> 5 room -> condo -> landed property and jap car -> any continental car -> Beemer/Merc.

"This path of ascension is programmed into every sinkie from an early age." What utter fucking rubbish!! You seem to think such bombastic declaration of yours is fucking impressive. S'poreans are not idiots. No one is fucking "programmed" to yearn for status and material possessions. We are smarter than you think.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal

KNN sounded almost right but the 3room positioned wrongly KNN 5room --> condo --> landed property --> 2 room aka bankrupt KNN

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
"This path of ascension is programmed into every sinkie from an early age." What utter fucking rubbish!! You seem to think such bombastic declaration of yours is fucking impressive. S'poreans are not idiots. No one is fucking "programmed" to yearn for status and material possessions. We are smarter than you think.

Yes 70% of Singaporeans are the most brilliant people I have ever met.

LaoTze

Alfrescian
Loyal
The entire world entering a different stage now.
Unless you got money pouring out of ears and nose, hold on to your money.
If you got that much in first place, you will not be in 3 room flat.

Dont talk about your job being stable. Entire established companies will be crashing
Government jobs no longer rice bowls
Entire webs of economy and interdependences will be wiped out and no one know what the fuck be coming.

What the fuck to see many years down the road to when you girl grows up and need space?
Get through the coming year and the next year and then you decide instead of jumping on airy fairy dreams

But if you want to upgrade, go on right ahead

You might end up having to sell yourself and your little girl to lau ahpeks to tiew and kann and fondled so she and you can share the 5 room flat

LaoTze

Alfrescian
Loyal
The entire world entering a different stage now.
Unless you got money pouring out of ears and nose, hold on to your money.
If you got that much in first place, you will not be in 3 room flat.

Dont talk about your job being stable. Entire established companies will be crashing
Government jobs no longer rice bowls
Entire webs of economy and interdependences will be wiped out and no one know what the fuck be coming.

What the fuck to see many years down the road to when you girl grows up and need space?
Get through the coming year and the next year and then you decide instead of jumping on airy fairy dreams

But if you want to upgrade, go on right ahead

You might end up having to sell yourself and your little girl to lau ahpeks to tiew and kann and fondled so she and you can share the 5 room flat