• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is it possible to fly from Chiangmai to Pattaya ?

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please don't suggest Royal Thai Air Force.

Wonder if there is any commercial flight operating between these two destinations.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
maybe in the future because U-Tapao airport is being upgraded. By that time one can probably take a train from Bkk to Pattaya.

QNala

Alfrescian
Loyal
Simple answer is no because there is no Pattaya airport. Nearest airport is U-tapao which is about 1hr 15mions away from Pattaya central. Suvarnabhumbi airport with many more connections is about only one and and half to maximum two hours away.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Simple answer is no because there is no Pattaya airport. Nearest airport is U-tapao which is about 1hr 15mions away from Pattaya central. Suvarnabhumbi airport with many more connections is about only one and and half to maximum two hours away.

Oh... U-tapao is so far away from Pattaya Central ? Then better stick to CNX-BKK.

You are right. Suvarnabhumi has more connections, but I think most domestic flights will land at Don Mueng instead.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As recent as this year there was a commercial route plying between CM and Pattaya. Not anymore as I guess it's not viable as not enough passengers.
If you insists on coming in by air then you can transit via Phuket....but its 6hrs flight time.

U-tapao sounds awful and conjures up remnants of Uncle Sam......can we stick to original name of Sattahip instead?

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
As recent as this year there was a commercial route plying between CM and Pattaya. Not anymore as I guess it's not viable as not enough passengers.
If you insists on coming in by air then you can transit via Phuket....but its 6hrs flight time.

U-tapao sounds awful and conjures up remnants of Uncle Sam......can we stick to original name of Sattahip instead?

The object is to save the travel time from BKK to Pattaya via coach. If there is no direct flight, then it serves no purpose.

Used to take VIP coach from Chiangmai to BKK, but buay tahan the 9-hour trip by bus.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The object is to save the travel time from BKK to Pattaya via coach. If there is no direct flight, then it serves no purpose.

Used to take VIP coach from Chiangmai to BKK, but buay tahan the 9-hour trip by bus.

Take a night bus. Not so hot and you can sleep.

Maybe railway train?

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Take a night bus. Not so hot and you can sleep.

Maybe railway train?

Railway is out because of the recent spates of North bound trains derailing.

Yes, it's the night bus that worries me. And 9 hours means the next day you will be completely listless.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Pattaya is like Bangkokian's back garden it's so close we drive there for short holidays. Like this afternoon we feel like having seafood there left home at 4.15pm now we've arrived just one and a quarter hour. It's better TS use Suvarnabhimbi airport however if need to use Don Mueng Airport add another 30mins. Good luck.

Oh after dinner will be driving back home in Bangkok

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Just in time for the beautiful sunset by the beach

Dining by the sea

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pattaya is like Bangkokian's back garden it's so close we drive there for short holidays. Like this afternoon we feel like having seafood there left home at 4.15pm now we've arrived just one and a quarter hour. It's better TS use Suvarnabhimbi airport however if need to use Don Mueng Airport add another 30mins. Good luck.

Oh after dinner will be driving back home in Bangkok

If I have a car, I will do the same lah.

When you arrive in Bangkok Airport, it's very likely you will miss the first bus, and sometimes the second, to Pattaya.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
If I have a car, I will do the same lah.

When you arrive in Bangkok Airport, it's very likely you will miss the first bus, and sometimes the second, to Pattaya.

I wasn't saying you need to drive obviously, was just telling you about distances.

Why would you take a bus? A ride in a private Camry door to door to your hotel costs only 1200baht or $50 for a 100km ride is cheap.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You did not specify time saving was the objective.
People do all kinds of funny stuff for all sorts of crazy reasons.

I know a chap who in order to steal eat would always fly the last night of the day out to bkk.
Arriving bkk before midnight he would hang around transit area until after midnight before clearing customs.....
Objective was so his passport date would show the next day and thus he got an almost 24 hrs head start free pass to Chiong.