• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is it possible to buy big furniture from JB and have it delivered to Singapore?

JohorRookie

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm thinking of getting a big furniture (not possible to knock down) from Johor and get the vendor to deliver it to Singapore.

Has anyone tried doing that before?

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm thinking of getting a big furniture (not possible to knock down) from Johor and get the vendor to deliver it to Singapore.

You will bear gst and delivery charges even if your item is less than $400 sgd.

JohorRookie

Alfrescian
Loyal
You will bear gst and delivery charges even if your item is less than $400 sgd.

I do not mind the GST and delivery charges. The item is a baby grand piano, and I think it's still cheaper than getting one in Singapore even with GST and extra delivery charges.

Just not sure if it can be done, and whether apart from GST there are other tariffs or duties as well.

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do not mind the GST and delivery charges. The item is a baby grand piano, and I think it's still cheaper than getting one in Singapore even with GST and extra delivery charges.

Just not sure if it can be done, and whether apart from GST there are other tariffs or duties as well.

unless you got 12 bottles of beer stashed in the piano, you should only be subject to GST. what other tariffs or duties do you think may apply? call IRAS and they should be able to advise you fully.

nato33

Alfrescian
Loyal

Malaysia Boleh. If you are prepared to pay, they will deliver.

I have bought some furniture before from JB and delivered to Singapore.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Everything is possible. Many Sinkies go to JB to have successful surgeries at a fraction of the cost in Sinkieland. Overrated medical hub, Sinkieland is. Well, maybe the private hospitals here are excellent for the likes of Robert Mugabe, but the public hospitals are infested with cheap FT doctors. If an ambulance is sending your loved one to CGH or NUH, have the number of your preferred funeral service provider ready and on speed dial. :cool:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it's better to get a 22% to 34% discount on the price of a multi-million dollar home with a furniture package when you buy a property from the riady's. :p

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes. No one can afford to buy furniture in Sinkapore because it has the most expensive cabinet in the whole wide world !:o