• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is Goh Meng Seng or Nicole Seah the NSP Chief?

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the NewPaper today, GMS was quoted as saying that personally, he would not have solicited for funds the way Nicotin is doing - via online and into her personal bank account.

If he is the leader, than it should not be done or he can hide behind the executive committee and tell her not to do it. Is he implying that he has lost control of the party and cannot even control a newbie minnion in the party, albeit a popular one?

Or is Nicotin getting too big for her boots?

sue anne

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the NewPaper today, GMS was quoted as saying that personally, he would not have solicited for funds the way Nicotin is doing - via online and into her personal bank account.

If he is the leader, than it should not be done or he can hide behind the executive committee and tell her not to do it. Is he implying that he has lost control of the party and cannot even control a newbie minnion in the party, albeit a popular one?

Or is Nicotin getting too big for her boots?

:rolleyes: I also wonder why ? if gsm personally will do it and why has he not object nicole for doing so ?? What about the rest of the nsp party ? Have they agree or object, or nicole just go ahead without any discussions ???

FuzzyDude

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jeannette Aruldoss is doing the same thing as well, via paypal or bank transfer.......
How could GMS not have known ?

Amakusa Kourin

Alfrescian
Loyal
GMS should exercise his power as Sec-Gen. Being nice to your subordinates is one issue, but you have to flex your power at times to rein them in.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another Dr. Chee ?

Last time, Dr. Chee did what he did and Chiam regretted for supporting him initially for the cause ? Nicole is like a runaway horse that will not allow itself to be reined ? This is a funny episode.

Some of the things are getting weirder by the days.

Amakusa Kourin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Another Dr. Chee ?

Last time, Dr. Chee did what he did and Chiam regretted for supporting him initially for the cause ? Nicole is like a runaway horse that will not allow itself to be reined ? This is a funny episode.

Some of the things are getting weirder by the days.

GMS should learn from this incident and realize that some people. simply cannot let them go round and not rein them in.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bad Luck !

Actually, there's nothing wrong with Dr. Chee's way of protesting. The whole episode was an unfortunate U-turn that caused SDP to be tainted with a 'bad' name which the media is trying to portray it to be. Chiam should have supported the cause all the way ? History is never an if.

What can be far worse than drinking glucose during a hunger strike ? I think the list can go on if you look at PAP.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Bad Luck !

It was the media which tainted Chee.

The healthcare problems today were first highlighted as long ago as 15 years, where he produced a booklet on this. I also remember vaguely that he was actually allowed some airtime on TV to present some stuff and the MIWs used the session to knock him and his ideas down. Would be instructive to view that in the light of today's challenges.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal

It was the media which tainted Chee.

The healthcare problems today were first highlighted as long ago as 15 years, where he produced a booklet on this. I also remember vaguely that he was actually allowed some airtime on TV to present some stuff and the MIWs used the session to knock him and his ideas down. Would be instructive to view that in the light of today's challenges.

That's always what Chee claims, the media tainted him. About 15 years ago, his healthcare cost enquiry report overstated healthcare cost by tenfold. Then he claimed that was a decimal typo error. Henceforth the nickname Typo Chee. About 10 years ago, he chased GCT around with asking where's the money, where it was proven that he knew the money wasn't loaned to Suharto. Henceforth the nickname Loudhailer Chee.

Media tainted him? Use your eyes, ears and brains, please.

Last edited:

longbow

Alfrescian
Loyal

GMS as boss should set the policy. If Nicole and her Marine Parade team is low on funds, it is GMS's responsibility to help solve the problem. Should not be a case of MP team solve their own money issues and I solve my own.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal

GMS as boss should set the policy. If Nicole and her Marine Parade team is low on funds, it is GMS's responsibility to help solve the problem. Should not be a case of MP team solve their own money issues and I solve my own.

Usually, political parties budget campaigns with cash at hand and spent within the limit. They appeal for donation before the campaign. This case of appealing for donation after the campaign sounds like overspending the budget. Sounds like VB of YOG infamy.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal

Incompetent as they may be, the opposition in Singapore is certainly a lesser evil than the PAPpies.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S Lewis

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Nicole Seah trying to recoup some losses from pumping her money into the election la. Who can blame her? If GMS got use brain and put her to contest at Tampines where Toxic Smoke Marlboro Tan is, she could have won!

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal

Incompetent as they may be, the opposition in Singapore is certainly a lesser evil than the PAPpies.

Until they get elected

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S Lewis

Also applies to some of the oppositions

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal

I thought it is a valid question to ask why Nicole Seah is raising funds on her own and asking people to put money into her POSB account. The reply by GMS seems to say that NSP does not have a candidate-specific policy.

In the Marine Parade team, it was Nicole all the way. The rest of the NSP team seems to be behind her and remained at her behind.

This is something GMS has to sort out. Perhaps NSP can have a donation drive and the donated money be apportioned to all the candidates.

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am almost certain that Nicole was not designated Marine Parade team head at the start of elections. Only her new found popularity pushed her up. Surprised that NSP did not do kore to help but instead GMS can say something like that. Not much team spirit. Nicole should leave NSP with such leaders of no backbone.