• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is a rate hike good..??

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
Easy money has been floating around for quite a while...
We are all quite familiar with near zero interest rate.

It has caused a world-wide rise in property prices in almost all major cities. And some people here believe this myth..and they attribute it to the PAP and the strong government that make the property owners here prosperous.

The low interest environment has made it less attractive to save but instead to keep on borrowing and spending. Many borrowed to buy houses and more borrowed to buy more houses and hence the property boom worldwide. On the same note low interest rates kept our saving level low. And the value of thrift is somewhat muddled.

Ms Yellen , at this Friday FOMC should just do it..raise the rate and let the market suffer the pain.
She should not pass the pain and mess to the next generation to shoulder.

Ms Yellen should gesture and send this signal.

hbk75

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alot of property owners in singapore are overleveraged. I guess we are stepping into interesting times because there are quite a number of buyers who have never seen interest rates exceeding 3%. Some of those burnt in the past have seen sibor at 8.5% during 1998. Alot of PRs thought that interest rates in singapore has been hovering at 1%. I guess they will be in for a surprise and pap cannot do much to contain it. :*::*:

Administrator

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alot of property owners in singapore are overleveraged. I guess we are stepping into interesting times because there are quite a number of buyers who have never seen interest rates exceeding 3%. Some of those burnt in the past have seen sibor at 8.5% during 1998. Alot of PRs thought that interest rates in singapore has been hovering at 1%. I guess they will be in for a surprise and pap cannot do much to contain it. :*::*:

Hoping that interest will hit 4% very soon.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The people/institutions who borrow a lot of money will be screwed by an interest rate hike.