• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Irritating Children

jw5

Loyal
I read an article recently on CNN.com about children who cause disturbances and behave in an irritating manner on planes.
The article looked at the problem from both the point of view of the children (including babies) and their parents, as well as the people around them.
The parents should try and control the children, teach them to be more inconsiderate, in the case of babies, attend to their needs or to the problem that is causing him to cry, etc etc.
The people around should be more tolerant, can put on headphones, ask the flight attendants for help, tell the parents politely to control the kids, etc etc.

Just wondering whether anyone here has faced irritating children, especially in enclosed places like planes, buses, coaches, or even larger areas like hawker centres or shopping malls.
What did you do to stop the irritation? Did you even do anything?
Have you ever encountered such a problem as the parent of the irritating child?

promisedland

Alfrescian
Loyal
sometimes children cries because they want something...

would you yield to the child by giving in to them?

so it's better to let them cry it all out...so please bear with us.

thank you for your patience.

if you kena a kid with colic, then there's no solution...

think positive, the decibels of the jet engines is much higher than the child's crying voice..enjoy the jet-child symphony while you can...

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal

Are you a child? You mean you are the one crying issit? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
:eek::eek::eek:

Next time your kid cries, I dare you not to change his diapers. :cool::biggrin:

promisedland

Alfrescian
Loyal
bear with us means, continue to suffer with us...:biggrin:

there are children, even after changing diapers, fed, will still cry...you can't do much until you let them have their say...

like people in this forum...LOL! :biggrin:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal

if you kena a kid with colic, then there's no solution...

think positive, the decibels of the jet engines is much higher than the child's crying voice..enjoy the jet-child symphony while you can...

You are lucky that your kid never cry in front of courteous ppl like me. Really.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Baby cry bo bian. But if children runing around better teach them a lesson. There many method soft/hard approach.
1st use soft if they not listen then use hard way.

promisedland

Alfrescian
Loyal
Baby cry bo bian. But if children runing around better teach them a lesson. There many method soft/hard approach.
1st use soft if they not listen then use hard way.

you can do that to your child, but if you lay your hands on my child...i will kill you...:biggrin:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you can do that to your child, but if you lay your hands on my child...i will kill you...:biggrin:

Normally I dont slap or hit any children. If they dont behave I will call security and make theirs parent shame. That will give bad children and useless parents a good lesson.

jw5

Loyal
You sure this is what you mean ?
Sorry bro, I mean "considerate" of course.
But come to think of it, seeing how some of these parents behave, you would think that they are teaching the children to be more inconsiderate.

jw5

Loyal
have empathy for the parents is also an act of considerate..
If it's a baby crying and the parents are doing all they can to comfort the baby, I agree that the people around should have some empathy for the parents.
If it's children above 2 years old, then no, the parents jolly well resolve the situation.

jw5

Loyal
Normally I dont slap or hit any children. If they dont behave I will call security and make theirs parent shame. That will give bad children and useless parents a good lesson.
Agree with your comment that baby cry and the parent is already doing what he can to comfort the baby, then bo pian.
But with children, I like you will not slap the child, but I will seriously consider slapping the parent if he does nothing.

promisedland

Alfrescian
Loyal
If it's a baby crying and the parents are doing all they can to comfort the baby, I agree that the people around should have some empathy for the parents.
If it's children above 2 years old, then no, the parents jolly well resolve the situation.

you neber heard of terrible 2? :biggrin:

promisedland

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree with your comment that baby cry and the parent is already doing what he can to comfort the baby, then bo pian.
But with children, I like you will not slap the child, but I will seriously consider slapping the parent if he does nothing.

sometimes doing nothing is also disciplining the child....please read more books about child discipline...:biggrin: