• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

IRAS $$$ NO ENOUGH running out to CATCH FUNERAL GHOSTS to pay Millions of GST! MAGA??

matamafia

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...s-recovered-by-iras-from-january-to-september
$175m in GST and penalties recovered by Iras; funeral operators particularly susceptible to tax offences

1 of 2

dummy.gif

Find out how officers at the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore uncover companies or individuals who evade their taxes or GST.
Published
2 hours ago
Updated
1 hour ago
Facebook Twitter Email

Fabian Koh

SINGAPORE - The taxman recovered a total of $175 million in goods and services tax (GST) and penalties between January and September this year, following audits and investigations of over 2,000 GST-related cases.
The Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (Iras) on Sunday (Oct 13) said it had picked companies for audit by using data analytics to identify those at risk of non-compliance and evasion.
In a press release, the national tax collection agency said 53 cases involved GST fraud and evasion. Of this number, 20 cases have ended up in court.
"To date, 14 cases have been convicted, while six cases are still being heard in court," said Iras.
In the 2018 financial year (FY), which runs from April to March, Iras recovered $195.8 million in taxes and penalties from its audit of 3,145 GST-related cases, based on publicly available figures.
It recovered $219.5 million from auditing 2,858 GST-related cases in FY 2017.

And in FY 2016, it recovered $168.8 million from its audit of 3,113 cases.

For cases stemming from investigations that did not arise from audits but may have been sparked by a tip-off, FY 2018 saw $37.5 million in taxes and penalties recovered from 155 cases, past reports showed.
It recovered $35.4 million from 243 cases in FY 2017, and $20.9 million from 120 cases the year before.
In a photo from Iras raids conducted on Sept 17, 2019, manual methods of accounting and record-keeping can be seen in the funeral parlour near coffins.

Related Story
Searching around bodies and in false ceilings - all in a day's work for tax investigators
Related Story
3 company directors get jail, handed $310,000 in penalties for evading income taxes, GST
Related Story
Insurance agent who under-declared $290,000 of income jailed 4 months, fined three times tax amount evaded
"Generally, non-compliance is more common among businesses with substantial cash transactions, weak internal controls or processes, and no or poor record keeping," said the tax authority, adding that these practices are common among the self-employed and family-run businesses.
"Family members usually take on various business roles from sales to accounting. Some of these businesses which are handed from the founders to their successors tend to also pass down old, manual methods of accounting and record-keeping."
Iras highlighted the example of the funeral industry, which comprises over 400 entities providing funeral-related services.
The premises of three funeral operators here were raided simultaneously by Iras investigation officers in September. The operation on Sept 17 covered over 10 locations across Singapore, with computers, mobile phones, SIM cards and business records seized.
The tax authority said a total of 16 people are currently assisting Iras in investigations for their suspected involvement in tax evasion and failure to register their businesses for GST.
Funeral operators are particularly susceptible to tax offences, as they are largely cash-based and may not have proper record-keeping practices, Iras said.
For example, a funeral operator will commence work after a client has decided on the choice of casket, and engage sub-contractors such as tentage suppliers and caterers.
On the final day of the wake, the client typically pays in cash using the contributions collected from family and friends. The undertaker, in turn, pays the sub-contractors with the cash received.
These transactions may not be recorded or maintained properly, the tax authority added.
Related Story
Owner of three businesses ordered to pay more than $400,000 for tax offences
Related Story
Singer fined $30.6k for evading GST on branded goods bought overseas to sell on Instagram
Related Story
Singapore in top spot for VAT, GST compliance: Study
"As sales and expenses may not be properly recorded, the business may not keep track of their annual taxable turnover and fail to register for GST on time," said Iras. "The business may also file incorrect tax returns resulting in tax omission."
Iras launched a web-based calculator on Oct 1, to let businesses more conveniently determine if they have to register for GST, by selecting its relevant sources of income and entering their income figures.
Those with taxable turnover exceeding the $1 million threshold are immediately directed to the myTax Portal, to submit their registration application.
The tax authority said it imposes lower penalties for those who promptly come forward with full disclosures of their mistakes uncovered in self-reviews.
Mr Lawrence Eng, Assistant Commissioner of Iras' Investigation and Forensic Division, said: "Iras would like to invite businesses, especially family-owned ones, to do a self-review of their past records and voluntarily disclose any errors made.
"Iras will treat such disclosures as mitigating factors when considering the action to be taken."
Image result for 元宝蜡烛纸钱

Related image

Image result for 元宝蜡烛纸钱 Image result for 冥币纸钱
Image result for 冥币纸钱 700 × 700 Image result for 冥币纸钱 Image result for 冥币纸钱 Image result for 冥币纸钱

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
[Intro]
Who's watching?
Tell me, who's watching?
Who's watching me?

[Verse 1: Rockwell]
I'm just an average man with an average life
I work from nine to five, hey, hell, I pay the price
All I want is to be left alone in my average home
But why do I always feel like I'm in the twilight zone and...?

[Hook: Michael Jackson and Rockwell]
I always feel like somebody's watching me
And I have no privacy
Tell me is it just a dream?

[Verse 2: Rockwell]
When I come home at night
I bolt the door real tight
People call me on the phone, I'm trying to avoid
But can the people on TV see me or am I just paranoid?
When I'm in the shower I'm afraid to wash my hair
Cause I might open my eyes and find someone standing there
People say I'm crazy, just a little touched
But maybe showers remind me of Psycho too much
That's why...
And I have no privacy
Who's playing tricks on me?

[Instrumental]

[Verse 3: Rockwell]
(Who's watching me?)
I don't know anymore
Are the neighbors watching me?
(Who's watching me?)
Well, is the mailman watching me?
(Tell me who's watching?)
And I don't feel safe anymore, oh, what a mess
I wonder who's watching me now (Who?!) - the IRS?

And I have no privacy
Tell me is it just a dream?

And I have no privacy
Who's playing tricks on me?
(Who's watching?)

[Outro: Michael Jackson and Rockwell]
(Who's watching me?)
I always feel like somebody’s watching me
And I have no privacy
I can't enjoy my tea
Can I have my privacy?
Who's watching me?
(Who's watching me?)

Stop playing tricks on me
Why you don't let me be?

lky_hearse

Alfrescian
Loyal
Got video clear here, funeral hearse guys kenna GST investigation:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...businesses-prone-to-tax-evasion-iras-11996564

02:33

Share this content

Bookmark

Funeral parlours among businesses prone to tax evasion: IRAS | Video

By Cheryl Goh
13 Oct 2019 10:57PM (Updated: 13 Oct 2019 11:04PM)

The Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS) recovered S$175 million in GST and penalties for tax offences this year. Sole proprietors and family-run businesses, such as those in the funeral industry, are more prone to such offences, said IRAS. Cheryl Goh reports.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah Long going after all the money as much as possible before being dethrone after erection!!

So he can run road to another cuntry with all the monee !!