• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

International Nurse Day under COVID: American ICU Nurse Crying online: WE DON'T EVEN HAVE MASK! Online then to World TV! GVGT!

Ebolar8SG

Alfrescian
Loyal

https://www.aljazeera.com/programme...its-lack-protective-gear-200406105526570.html

Coronavirus: US nurse quits over lack of protective gear
'America is not prepared.' US nurse quits over lack of personal protective equipment in the fight against COVID-19.
06 Apr 2020 12:20 GMT | Coronavirus pandemic, United States, Health, US & Canada
  • facebook.png
  • twitter.png

• Reddit.png
  • SendFeedback.png

Healthcare workers are risking their own lives as they battle the COVID-19 pandemic, but many do so without adequate personal protective equipment they need to stay safe.
While many medical workers are waiting for masks, gloves and other essential supplies, Imaris Vera, a trauma nurse from Chicago, managed to buy her own N95 mask to wear at work.
It is the respirator recommended by the CDC for healthcare professionals because it captures 95 percent of air particles when worn correctly.
But Vera alleges her manager told her she was not allowed to wear it, even when caring for coronavirus patients in an ICU unit.
Vera has more than three years' experience working in trauma, post-operative, cardiac medical, surgical, and full-time critical nursing care. But she felt she had no other option but to quit her job.
In an emotional Instagram video, she explained that she was trying to keep herself safe and looking out for “family members who have pre-existing conditions” because “they wouldn’t get a ventilator” if they contracted COVID-19 from her.
“None of the nurses are wearing masks, not even surgical masks in the hallways when they’re giving reports to each other,” Vera said.
“I had my own N95 mask, I told my manager ‘I understand we’re short on supplies but let me protect myself, let me feel safe, I have family that I have to come home to'.”
Medical workers in the US have also taken to social media to express fears and concerns about their working conditions and lack of protective gear.
“America is not prepared and nurses are not being protected,” Vera said.
Vera’s case, however, is not singular. A nurse in Missouri also resigned after being told she could not wear an N95 mask she had bought herself.
In California, nurses at Kaiser Permanente hospitals and clinics could be fired immediately for wearing their own face masks, according to unions representing nurses at the facilities.
This comes after nurses there were ordered to reuse disposable protective gear to save supplies as shortages loom.
A flyer distributed by the California Nurses Association and National Nurses United read: “Kaiser has told nurses that if they’re seen wearing their personal N95 masks, they could be fired ‘on the spot’ for insubordination."
Commenting on this, Kaiser spokesperson Marc Brown wrote in a statement to The Intercept: “We cannot assure the integrity of protective equipment not provided by Kaiser Permanente. We want them to wear equipment we can be sure is effective.”
This report was produced and edited by Al Jazeera NewsFeed’s Seena Khalil.
Source: Al Jazeera News

• facebook.png
  • twitter.png

• Reddit.png
  • SendFeedback.png

Related

Coronavirus: New York registers record single-day death toll

US doctors, nurses on coronavirus front line beg for critical PPE

SOCIAL EDITOR'S PICKS
Al Jazeera Close Up
Educating Syria's Lost Generation | Close Up
05:33

Educating Syria's Lost Generation | Close Up
As his house burned down, he ran inside to grab his university ID. Meet the man teaching Syria's lost generation.
Human Rights, Humanitarian crises, Education
NewsFeed
Video shows killing of Ahmaud Arbery
02:04

Video shows killing of Ahmaud Arbery
Video has emerged of the killing of Arbery whose family says he was out jogging when he was shot dead by two armed men.
United States, Human Rights, US & Canada
NewsFeed
Ramadan in Nigeria amid coronavirus lockdown
03:29

Ramadan in Nigeria amid coronavirus lockdown
'It's not possible for me to fast without food.' How Ramadan in Nigeria is affected by coronavirus restrictions.
Coronavirus pandemic, Nigeria, Health
NewsFeed
'Murder hornets' spotted in northwest US
01:58

'Murder hornets' spotted in northwest US
The 5cm ‘murder hornets’, potentially deadly to humans and with an appetite for honey bees, have been found in the US.
United States, Agriculture, Environment

Al Jazeera

https://www.google.com/search?client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q=world's+nurse+day&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Attachments

• 1589379794205.png
    1589379794205.png
    5.4 KB · Views: 107
  • 1589379794258.jpeg
    1589379794258.jpeg
    6 KB · Views: 103
  • 1589379794405.jpeg
    1589379794405.jpeg
    2.5 KB · Views: 104
  • 1589379794447.jpeg
    1589379794447.jpeg