• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Insurance cheats!

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
No wonder car insurances going up every year.

In the second such case this year, a man has been charged with cheating an insurance company by staging a road accident.

Mohamad Eznillah Mohamed Razali, who was charged last Friday, is accused of conspiring with Mohammad Shahel Mod Talib to cheat NTUC Income Insurance Co-operative by making fraudulent claims amounting to $31,490.

Just last month, four other men were jailed between six weeks and four months for providing their vehicles and posing as injured passengers in another fake road accident in Sembawang Drive.

In the latest case, Mohamad Eznillah, who works in a mosque, told police that at 4.15pm on Oct 9 last year, he and his wife were involved in a three-vehicle collision in Sungei Kadut Drive.

The 34-year-old apparently told Staff Sergeant Koh Chee Wee at Siglap Neighbourhood Police Post that a man named Razali Mis Awal was the driver of one vehicle, and a second vehicle was driven by another man named Rais Mohd Yusoff.

Mohamad Eznillah also claimed he was the driver of the third vehicle, which was registered under the name of his wife Ruhaima Sinin.

He then allegedly made false personal injury insurance claims for himself, his wife and one Siti Arrayyan Hashim, by lodging an accident statement with NTUC Income. He also allegedly deceived the insurer into processing a claim filed under his wife's name for damage to the car, amounting to $17,525.

Mohamad Eznillah, who faces two charges of cheating with two others to be taken into consideration, and one charge of providing false information to the police, is currently out on bail. His case will be heard again next month.

The executive director of General Insurance Association of Singapore, Mr Derek Teo, told The Sunday Times that in the last three years, the industry has received inflated and fraudulent motor claims amounting to over $140 million a year. Motor insurers are lobbying for a law against insurance fraud.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Red Flag for car insurer must be all parties of that accident belong to 1 particular race.

Yes. Not only same age. Around same age group too. To make it more convincing, some wives/partners tongpang to make the extra cash. Sometimes, 'victims' in same vehicle but total strangers!

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Red Flag for car insurer must be all parties of that accident belong to 1 particular race.

rofl these assholes get themselves into such situations by doing this and if such a post was posted on other forums there would be calls and accusations of "racism".

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jacking up the Insurance repair cost is normal

I have a few scratches on the door and bumper on my car. The final claim cost is 5K. The car owner got a rude shock in the amount and ask if i have ask to change a new bumper and a door. I told him i didn't request. He later told me that the lawyer say that i requested for a new door from the workshop. It is hugely inflated as far as we know. The workshop,person who processed the claim and the lawyer acting for the workshop has to make a living

Anyway in private conversation, i told him he can ask for discount. I ask him to go for a 50% to 60% discount on the repair cost from the amount he was presented. I didn't hear from him again.

Malays Must Vote PAP!

Alfrescian
Loyal

Like this?

Man jailed for 3 1/2 years for cheating insurance companies with false accident claims

A man who conspired with others to cheat 15 insurance companies using false accident claims amounting to $720,650 was jailed for 3 1/2 years on Tuesday. The prosecution proceeded on one charge involving $18,169 against Ong Ka Li, 54, who was convicted after a four-day trial.

He admitted to 19 other charges including making a false report. Fifty-four other charges were taken into consideration. Deputy Public Prosecutor Jasmin Kaur told the court that Ong, then a motor insurance claim advisor, provided advice to clients who were involved in traffic accidents on traffic accident reporting and claim procedures as well as recommending workshops to clients for repairs to their damaged vehicles.

His accomplice, Neo Moh Hock, 60, a director of Beach Road Taxi Service, engaged him in 2008 to provide advice to cabbies who rented taxis from Neo's company and were involved in traffic accidents. In exchange for his help, Ong received various commissions from law firms for referring clients in personal injury claims relating to traffic accidents.

In addition, Ong initiated the filing of fraudulent personal injury insurance claims for many "passengers'' who submitted false personal injury claims even though they were not injured in accidents, or in some cases, not even present during accidents. Investigations showed that most of these false passengers were taxi drivers who were indebted to Neo while others were Ong's friends and wanted to earn extra income.