• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Insurance agent,Financial planner good?

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am thinking of going into Financial planning and insurance,is it good as in careEr wise? Roughly can make how much a month? Pls advise,thks.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am thinking of going into Financial planning and insurance,is it good as in careEr wise? Roughly can make how much a month? Pls advise,thks.

U better be prepared to have savings of at least 6 months to tahan. Unless u sell to friends or relatives, it is unlikely for u to see commission for first few months.

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
U better be prepared to have savings of at least 6 months to tahan. Unless u sell to friends or relatives, it is unlikely for u to see commission for first few months.

good advice.

both career are good.

join a good boss, and find out which boss have the best records in MDRT agents productions, and also COURT OF THE TABLE, or TOP OF THE TABLE awards.

Go for a agency that have a proven record, and years of proven AGENT/FP training.

DO NOT JUMP INTO this career... if not sure, find out more, and talk to different recruiters.

be ready for no pay for at least 6 months, and learn how to do cold call, or sell to relative... and friends...

don't have big expectations of becoming a millionaire in 1 year... usually it may take at least 5 years to 10 years if you meet a really good trainer/agency....

be prepared to read, study, learn, from the best.

get the MAS Certificate of Insurance..., many things for you to study.

It'll be advantageous if you can get yourself to become a Certified Financial Planner, which consist of 5 major module if not mistaken.... (may take 2 years to complete, it's like a diploma equivalent... )

CFP may have a same equivalent to CFA, CPA...

and after all these, may GOD BLESS YOU, it's a tough job, why don't I sell you insurance instead? :biggrin:

AvalanCh3

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. my advice is don trust those who work for lesser than 3 years because once they quit your wadever plans that is with them would be dump anyhow.

2. don't listen to their crap, u find them only when you have excess money to invest. they provide sucky after sales service, and in their talk. they would say until u have a lot of money to save when in actual fact the more money u put with them the more risk u have because everyone would always need to keep some amount of money for rainy days. once your money is in the plan its lockup.