• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Instead of a glam retirement, will the next election-results be so bad that PM Lee has to bow and resign from party leadership??

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lately, many things went wrong in Singapore:

• Malaysia is bullying Singapore again and the ruling party probably thought that such external threats are a boost to their support. To many I spoke too, it was more like a sign of complacency and weakness in our ranks.
  • Despite a strong private-property rally in the past 3 years, resale HDB prices have embarked on a long-term decline due to lease expiration of old flats.
  • Immigration policies deprived the local-born of their education and job opportunities. Judging from the birth and death numbers, Singapore also continues to increase the intake of new citizens in recent years.
  • "Crazy Rich Asians " movie reminded dis-illusioned younger Singapore about the economic inequity and debt burden that they face.
  • Some in Malay community are disgruntled about the eligibility of the current President.
  • The local stock market has been very weak. The collapse of Oil & Gas counters, Hyflux and Noble wiped out liquidity and savings of hundred of thousands of middle-class retail investors.
  • There are emerging dissidents within the ruling party and DPM Tharman not even retained in the CEC, despite his relatively young age (61). There are also speculations of Tan Cheng Bock or PM Lee's brother participating in the next GE. Having former office-bearers is a boost the opposition camp.
Now, instead of a glamorous retirement, will the next election-results be so bad that PM Lee has to bow and resign from party leadership??

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Don't dream. Balless sinkies and new citizens will ensure PAP be in power for next 50 years.

I have learnt to be indifferent to all these oppie hype. While I will continue to vote oppie in GE, there's no light at the end of the tunnel.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No he will crown a worthy leader that has lead a team through so many crisis...especially the current one, of you park your ship in my front yard incident.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
For decade's...this has always been said. Ppl Not happy ..pap will do badly but results always pap win....talk about self masturbation articles from some disgruntled singkies