• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Inspiring teacher of English once failed the subject at PSLE

TerrexLee

Alfrescian
Loyal
1603969192565.png

When Mr Ignatius Lim Buan Tie was in Tanglin Primary School, he struggled with English and Mathematics and eventually failed those two subjects at the Primary School Leaving Examination (PSLE).

He had to repeat Primary 6 before making it to Presbyterian High School. There, he met a good English teacher, Ms Maggie Lim, who sparked his interest in reading by introducing him to books that intrigued him.

"Books didn't interest me back then, but she guided me and suggested books in the adventure genre. From there, I began to love reading," said Mr Lim, 42, who is now an English teacher in Kheng Cheng School.

Yesterday, he was one of seven teachers who received the Inspiring Teacher of English Award.

An educator for 20 years, Mr Lim said: "The kind of struggle I had when I was learning helped me to think about how I can make my students understand what I'm teaching."

More at https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...er-of-english-once-failed-the-subject-at-psle