• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Insight into North Korea - A State of Mind

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the documentary that allowed the same crew to do the rest. Thanks. The state of mind is true insight into the society.

I would like to introduce this interesting documentary about the North Korea's legendary World Cup team of 1966. Of course, like the State of Mind, it covers more than just sports. :smile:

CannonFairy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you scroobal for raising this topic.

I hope to tour the secretive kingdom of North Korea before I die. Are we able to approach any local tour agencies to ask for NK tour?

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
as for the nuclear thingy, i personally think it a bluff. PRC would not want a nuclear korea at it doorstep, especially a regime it cannot control. PRC didnt call NK bluff because PRC knew the americans will fall for it. PRC and Putin prefer the current status, anything to keep the west busy while both try to catch up economily and militarily. CIA are useless in the east asia, they counted heavily on the south korean and japanese intelligence agencies which have their own selfish agendas regarding transfer of intel info.

NK and Iran are playing with nuclear for the same reason -- as a bargaining chip. They are both also trying to portray themselves as politically erratic. Imagine, Iran managed to scare the UN general assembly so much that people were negotiating with the Iranians on whether they could be persuaded to negotiate (on the nuclear issue).

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I only know that only guided tours are permitted. No idea which local agency handles it. NK is known to be erratic as they have been known to close their borders with no notice.

Thank you scroobal for raising this topic.

I hope to tour the secretive kingdom of North Korea before I die. Are we able to approach any local tour agencies to ask for NK tour?

xenomorph

Alfrescian
Loyal
there are more than 1 way to get expats to fill the eng;ish gaps and n korea is known to kidnap foreign talents to achieve this.

sukhoi-30

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe we are too small a country to have embassies in every country. But we have a DPRK embassy here and our FM has visited the DPRK embassy during the late NK leader mourning...even though the condelences was not made public.

yellow people

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe we are too small a country to have embassies in every country. But we have a DPRK embassy here and our FM has visited the DPRK embassy during the late NK leader mourning...even though the condelences was not made public.

That's because your government support fascism and communist countries like North Korea and China. :biggrin:

sukhoi-30

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it is also right n.fair that we as an independent n sovereign country pursue an independent foreign policy.
We are friendly to any countries that are friendly to us. NK is a legitimate sovereign country n a member of the UN,n has normal diplomatic relationships with many countries in the world. She has her own way of politics n managing their country but it hold no barriers to have normal ties.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it is also right n.fair that we as an independent n sovereign country pursue an independent foreign policy.
We are friendly to any countries that are friendly to us. NK is a legitimate sovereign country n a member of the UN,n has normal diplomatic relationships with many countries in the world. She has her own way of politics n managing their country but it hold no barriers to have normal ties.

True then why dont we have an embassy there? Malaysia does.