• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Indigenous Aussies & Kiwis looked different, why?

wayanggedek

Alfrescian
Loyal
Australia and New Zealand are far away from everywhere but close to each other why both country's indigenous people look so different? Are they not supposed to be related since they are so close to each other?

aborigines.jpg

maori-culture-hongi-greeting_10916_600x450.jpg

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Australia and New Zealand are far away from everywhere but close to each other why both country's indigenous people look so different? Are they not supposed to be related since they are so close to each other?

Australia and NZ are 2000km apart. :rolleyes:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Aussie abos look more beaten up. Is it because of the racist and convict Australian regime?

No it's because the Abos beat up their own children.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-07-25/sex-abuse-reports-rise-among-indigenous-children/4843600

[h=1]Increase in Indigenous child abuse reports 'tip of the iceberg', advocate says[/h] The World Today
By Jennifer Macy
Posted Thu 25 Jul 2013, 5:43pm AEST

Photo: New data suggests Indigenous children are four times more likely to experience child sexual abuse than other Australian children.

Reports of sexual abuse of Australian Indigenous children have increased, but many cases are still going unreported, according to a leading advocate of Indigenous rights.

Dr Kylie Cripps, acting director of the Indigenous Law Centre at the University of New South Wales, says reports of sexual abuse of Indigenous children increased to 935 substantiated reports in 2011-2012.

She says the new numbers suggests Indigenous children are four times more likely to experience child sexual abuse than other Australian children.

wayanggedek

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you all for your reply here.

I am asking a simple and innocent question here but judging from the replies I do sense some racism and hostility here towards them.

What brought me to ask this question is I'd just finished listening to a BBC documentary "Battling Booze in Alice Spring" here http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/worldservice/docarchive/docarchive_20131017-0100a.mp3

The documentary focused on alcoholism among aboriginals living in and around Alice Spring. When asked why aboriginals use alcohol an aboriginal volunteer answered and I quote, "Most in grief. Indigenous people have to cope with losing family members, they get taken away from their land, they get taken away from their homes. It's like a roller coaster that has gone out of control and the only solution to their problems and feelings is alcohol."

I wonder how much truth is there in the above statement.

Anyway I don't hear any alcoholism problem among New Zealand's indigenous people the Maori, I could be wrong.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Different Diets.

Maoris eats fish and birds.
Abos eats everything else. Cooked them in petrol and washed them down with beer.

Last edited:

Royalblood

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you all for your reply here.

I am asking a simple and innocent question here but judging from the replies I do sense some racism and hostility here towards them.

What brought me to ask this question is I'd just finished listening to a BBC documentary "Battling Booze in Alice Spring" here http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/worldservice/docarchive/docarchive_20131017-0100a.mp3

The documentary focused on alcoholism among aboriginals living in and around Alice Spring. When asked why aboriginals use alcohol an aboriginal volunteer answered and I quote, "Most in grief. Indigenous people have to cope with losing family members, they get taken away from their land, they get taken away from their homes. It's like a roller coaster that has gone out of control and the only solution to their problems and feelings is alcohol."

I wonder how much truth is there in the above statement.

Anyway I don't hear any alcoholism problem among New Zealand's indigenous people the Maori, I could be wrong.

When the Europeans came and subsequently decided to colonize Australia, they went on a killing spree of the indigenous Australian to the extent that certain tribes of indigenous Australians were entirely wiped out. As for the remaining indigenous people that survived, the white men force their religion and way of life on them and apparently this does not work very well for the indigenous people, leading to extreme poverty and drug and alcohol abuse among the indigenous people till today. Before the arrival of Europeans, indigenous Australia were able to live substantively relying purely on what mother nature has to offer them and they even developed their own traditional aboriginal medicine. The arrival of the white men changed their fate for the worst....

If U R really interested to know more about about indigenous Australian, just Google la. Heaps of info. U may also wanna find out more on the 'lost generation' in which white Australians forcefully took aboriginal children away from their birth parents coz they deemed that aborigines are savages and can't be trusted to even take care of their own children. But the plan back fired badly.

Indigenous Australian and New Zealander look different coz they R of different racial group la. Isn't it obvious. Indigenous Australians were one of the earliest great apes to venture out of Africa travelling by land all the way to present day Australia when it was still fused together with mainland Asia. I remember reading somewhere that the native Indians, aka the dravidians, are actually of the same stock as Australian aborigines as some of them decided to stay on in modern day India, while the rest decided to move on to modern Australia. Quite plausible considering that some of the really black dravidians I seen really look quite similar to indigenous Australians.

Native new zelander are different stock of people, Polynesian, and arrived at New Zealand much later and they probably arrive by sea.

Last edited:

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
When the Europeans came and subsequently decided to colonize Australia, they went on a killing spree of the indigenous Australian to the extent that certain tribes of indigenous Australians were entirely wiped out. As for the remaining indigenous people that survived, the white men force their religion and way of life on them and apparently this does not work very well for the indigenous people, leading to extreme poverty and drug and alcohol abuse among the indigenous people till today. Before the arrival of Europeans, indigenous Australia were able to live substantively relying purely on what mother nature has to offer them and they even developed their own traditional aboriginal medicine. The arrival of the white men changed their fate for the worst....

force simi? white men religion can be force one meh? please stop spreading lies lah!

Islam is the only religion you cannot get out man!

APOSTASY! They hang you for leaving Islam!

Last edited:

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maoris are Polynesians.

Australian aboriginals are Australoids, sharing the same ancient ancestry with South Asian Dravidians, before the Australasian continent broke away from Eurasia.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Maoris are Polynesians.

Australian aboriginals are Australoids, sharing the same ancient ancestry with South Asian Dravidians, before the Australasian continent broke away from Eurasia.

They share one thing in common.. they're both morons.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Abos are orang asli. they came out of africa during the homo erectus period and moved along the coast down to indonesia and then Australia. Essentially they are branched out from another race.

The polynesians are great travellers who moved into Asia years later and reached the eastern coasts. Today, descendants of polynesians inhabit Taiwan, Hokkaido, Pacific Islands, NZ and Hawaii. Some human evolution theorists believe the they are the same people as the eskimos who crossed over to and eventually settled in the Americas.

wayanggedek

Alfrescian
Loyal
After my last post above more of you had contributed to my understanding. Thank you.

With the above information I went to google and found out that the Maori are totally different from Australoids however one cannot put all the darks skin people under Australoid as what some of you had done because there is another distinct group known as Negritos which is people got confused with Australoids. Negritos are found mainly in South East Asia and Andaman sea area. Even within Australoid and Negrito there are sub groups. Guess somehow we're all related even we are different.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
According to genetic analysis, everyone that is not from Africa came from just a group of humans that came out of it. Watch the BBC program the Human race.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recent_African_origin_of_modern_humans

[video=youtube;vwa6o-s1Yvs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwa6o-s1Yvs[/video]

After my last post above more of you had contributed to my understanding. Thank you.

With the above information I went to google and found out that the Maori are totally different from Australoids however one cannot put all the darks skin people under Australoid as what some of you had done because there is another distinct group known as Negritos which is people got confused with Australoids. Negritos are found mainly in South East Asia and Andaman sea area. Even within Australoid and Negrito there are sub groups. Guess somehow we're all related even we are different.