• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Indians celebrate end of Diwali with a massive dung flinging festival

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Asia
Indian dung festival celebrates end to Diwali
1605808715073.png

People take part in Gorehabba festival at Gumatapura village on the border of India's Karnataka and Tamil Nadu states on Nov 17, 2020. (Photo: AFP/Padmanabha RAO)

18 Nov 2020 09:06PM
(Updated: 18 Nov 2020 09:10PM)

GUMATAPURA, India: Dozens of exuberant villagers scooped up handfuls of cow dung to mould and toss at each other like snowballs this week for the Gorehabba festival, a local conclusion to India's most important festival, Diwali.

Similar to Spain's La Tomatina - an eccentric tomato-hurling celebration of the local fruit - residents of Gumatapura village instead fling something more earthy at each other: cow dung.

The festival is unique to a village where locals believe their god - Beereshwara Swamy - was born in cow excrement.

Indian dung festival celebrates end to Diwali (1)
People take part in Gorehabba festival at Gumatapura village on the border of India's Karnataka and Tamil Nadu states on Nov 17, 2020. (Photo: AFP/Padmanabha RAO)

Some Hindus believe cows and everything they produce is sacred and purifying. Hindu nationalist Prime Minister Narendra Modi has pushed for greater protection of the beasts, and many Indian states have long banned their slaughter for meat.

"People from neighbouring villages and districts come to participate in this festival and enjoy it," local headmaster Shambu Lingappa told AFP Tuesday.

The day begins with the collection of "ammunition" from cow-owning homes in the village, which lies on the border of the southern states of Karnataka and Tamil Nadu.

The manure is brought to the local temple on tractors pulled by cattle adorned with marigold flowers, before a priest performs a blessing ritual.

After that, the dung dumped in an open area - with men and boys wading in to prepare their weapons for the battle ahead.

Women and girls take cover, but they risk "shrapnel wounds" when they try to record the revelry on their mobile phones.

Some may poo-poo the event, but for those in attendance the festival is as much about fun as it is about the perceived health benefits.

"By lifting cow dung with your hands, it cures a lot of diseases ... and there is a strong belief that participants will never get sick," said school teacher Mahendra.
Source: AFP/ic

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cow dung was what powered induans to colonize south east asia.
You cannot rule another without energy and cow dung was perfect.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Asia
Indian dung festival celebrates end to Diwali
View attachment 96404

18 Nov 2020 09:06PM
(Updated: 18 Nov 2020 09:10PM)

GUMATAPURA, India: Dozens of exuberant villagers scooped up handfuls of cow dung to mould and toss at each other like snowballs this week for the Gorehabba festival, a local conclusion to India's most important festival, Diwali.

Similar to Spain's La Tomatina - an eccentric tomato-hurling celebration of the local fruit - residents of Gumatapura village instead fling something more earthy at each other: cow dung.

The festival is unique to a village where locals believe their god - Beereshwara Swamy - was born in cow excrement.

Indian dung festival celebrates end to Diwali (1)

Some Hindus believe cows and everything they produce is sacred and purifying. Hindu nationalist Prime Minister Narendra Modi has pushed for greater protection of the beasts, and many Indian states have long banned their slaughter for meat.

"People from neighbouring villages and districts come to participate in this festival and enjoy it," local headmaster Shambu Lingappa told AFP Tuesday.

The day begins with the collection of "ammunition" from cow-owning homes in the village, which lies on the border of the southern states of Karnataka and Tamil Nadu.

The manure is brought to the local temple on tractors pulled by cattle adorned with marigold flowers, before a priest performs a blessing ritual.

After that, the dung dumped in an open area - with men and boys wading in to prepare their weapons for the battle ahead.

Women and girls take cover, but they risk "shrapnel wounds" when they try to record the revelry on their mobile phones.

Some may poo-poo the event, but for those in attendance the festival is as much about fun as it is about the perceived health benefits.

"By lifting cow dung with your hands, it cures a lot of diseases ... and there is a strong belief that participants will never get sick," said school teacher Mahendra.
Source: AFP/ic
I have to wonder if chinks bathe in their own urine. :confused:

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chinese do not bathe. Period. Go to homes in china. NO bathrooms until recently. They just wipe their body with wet towel or something.
Even in Sinkieland chinks do not bath in the morning whreas all most all kelings die die must bath in the morning ,in very cold well water

and you will find a well dug almost in all kelings or m&d homes but never in chinks homes

have you ever seen a well in any of the chink shop houses ?

bathing in the evening by Sinkie chinks could have been possible when municipality gave piped water right in the homes

perhaps , the origin of chow cheebye too since no other race or nationality has such a curse word , possibly chink women not washing their smelly cunts

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Even in Sinkieland chinks do not bath in the morning whreas all most all kelings die die must bath in the morning ,in very cold well water

and you will find a well dug almost in all kelings or m&d homes but never in chinks homes

have you ever seen a well in any of the chink shop houses ?

bathing in the evening by Sinkie chinks could have been possible when municipality gave piped water right in the homes

perhaps , the origin of chow cheebye too since no other race or nationality has such a curse word , possibly chink women not washing their smelly cunts

My grandmum kampung at Jalan Durian had a public water pipe where villagers would use it for bathing or washing. I dont remember seeing any cheena bathing tere. :biggrin: But me and my Malay neighbours bathed tere everyday.

1605844649230.png

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
My grandmum kampung at Jalan Durian had a public water pipe where villagers would use it for bathing or washing. I dont remember seeing any cheena bathing tere. :biggrin: But me and my Malay neighbours bathed tere everyday.

View attachment 96454
it's called bore well

mostly used where the water level underground does not exceed ,say ,10 or 20 metre,...because you have to physically pump the water through a handle

otherwise, it has to be an open well

myself had drilled quite a few of these in some countries i was stationed ...for electricity I could always use 2 or 3 HP generator ,but water is always a big issue and I had to figure out filtration too ...but generally these bore well water or well water are truly the mineral water as they contain a lots of mineral

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fascinating culture. Why can't Sinkieland have this event? I would gladly go down to Little India and throw some manure myself.