• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Indian Snake Dr M considering contesting the next general election (GE15) to defend his Langkawi parliamentary seat

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
I’ll consider standing if no other choice, says Dr M
www.freemalaysiatoday.com

FMT Reporters
June 30, 2022 9:39 AM
tun-mahathir-mohamad-fmt-180322-1.jpg

Dr Mahathir Mohamad previously said he would not defend his Langkawi parliamentary seat in GE15 because of his poor health and age.

PETALING JAYA: Former prime minister Dr Mahathir Mohamad says he is willing to consider contesting the next general election (GE15) to defend his Langkawi parliamentary seat.

Mahathir, 96, said Pejuang is eyeing several candidates to contest the seat, but he is open to standing if none was found to be suitable.

“We have candidates, we can’t name them yet,” he was quoted as saying on AstroAwani.

“If there isn’t (any other suitable choice) and if people suggest (I contest in Langkawi), I will consider it,” he said after a meeting with ferry operators at a hotel in Kuah, Langkawi, last night.

In March, Mahathir said he had decided not to defend his Langkawi parliamentary seat in GE15, citing his poor health and age.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
After his first term as PM ended, he lost umno candidacy to a rival in his own constituency of kubang pasu in kedah. Maybe he will suffer same fate again.