• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Indian FTrash Demands Recognition of Fake Degrees!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
China, India schools
'Wonder why these institutes with respectable global rankings are not recognised by Singapore.'
MR AMITESH BASU: 'Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong's words on emerging technical institutions in China and India and his mention of the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) in a speech ('Cambridge faces stiff competition', Nov 7) make me wonder why these institutes with respectable global rankings do not appear on the list of institutions whose degrees are recognised for registration by the Professional Engineers Board of Singapore. This is despite the fact that several alumni of these institutes are faculty at Singapore's technical institutes. The QS ranking, for example, places the IITs and four leading institutes in China ahead of all but four of the 14 Australian colleges and all but five of 47 British institutions on the Professional Engineers Board's list.'

http://sg.linkedin.com/pub/amitesh-basu/6/9a8/3aa

Amitesh Basu

Chief Civil / Structural Engineer at Foster Wheeler Asia Pacific
Singapore

<DL><DT>Current </DT><DD>
</DD><DT>Education </DT><DD>
  • Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
  • La Martiniere College, Lucknow
</DD><DT class=connections>Connections </DT><DD class=connections>
icon_conx_07_24x24.gif
13 connections </DD><DT>Industry </DT><DD>Construction </DD></DL>
<HR>Amitesh Basu’s Experience

<HR>Amitesh Basu’s Education

• <LI class="education vevent vcard">Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur

<ABBR class=dtstart title=1973-01-01>1973</ABBR> — <ABBR class=dtend title=1978-12-31>1978</ABBR>
  • La Martiniere College, Lucknow

ISC , <ABBR class=dtstart title=1970-01-01>1970</ABBR> — <ABBR class=dtend title=1972-12-31>1972</ABBR>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=heading>Latest comments</TD></TR><TR><TD id=messageDisplayRegion width="100%"><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" class=Post cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Is it true that in India, if you pay bribe you can get more marks?

</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Posted by: Juosterr at Thu Nov 19 08:21:17 SGT 2009

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=heading>Latest comments</TD></TR><TR><TD id=messageDisplayRegion width="100%"><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" class=Post cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Is it true that in India, if you pay bribe you can get more marks?

</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Posted by: Juosterr at Thu Nov 19 08:21:17 SGT 2009

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

hi there

1. bro, there as long you pay it well, you get what you want.
2. get it!

pallkia

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just dont understand why the govt is getting FT from this source where there are wide spread poverty and city slums.

I cannot imagine our kids are mixing with these people in schools.

AhBeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've heard of my Indian Engineers from different universities....but I sad to say....none of them are in par with graduates from the American Universities or British University. A friend of mine even had a PhD in engineering from India....and it was a joke.....could not do simple design work......many engineers from India's are incompetent......he might have finish university......but does not know the concepts of engineering. I am sure the Professional Board has a reason for not recognizing the universities from India. They might have professors in the university from India..maybe they are cheap........or the government doesn't care about the standards of the engineering gradutes......that is the reason why they are foreigners..........even Singaporean who become foreigners just because they went to engineering school overseas....Indian engineers might be book smart.....not practical......It is sad that the education in India mass producers such engineers..............but the better one survive in US,UK , Australia and Canada.