• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

India Airlines Woes - FAA Downgrade, a conspiracy?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
It seems there is a conspiracy against the Indians by the west, no? In today's AWSJ.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in the making for months. not coincidental to cavity search in a cobra's, oops sorry, khobra's yoni. :p

jw5

Loyal
We should have our resident airline expert commenting on this.

The real deal, and not those police scholars from 35 years ago and self-proclaimed all-knowing police investgators and (low-level) special branches/security officers who will give you top secret information on how much they expect the police force to reduce in size. :wink:

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
We should have our resident airline expert commenting on this.

The real deal, and not those police scholars from 35 years ago and self-proclaimed all-knowing police investgators and (low-level) special branches/security officers who will give you top secret information on how much they expect the police force to reduce in size. :wink:

and who the xxxx is that?

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Not only there is FAA, every country has it's own equivalent to check on all civil airlines operators wishing to land on their soil. Singapore's equivalent is CAAS (Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore). They have the right not to allow any operator to fly their aircraft into their country.

India, Indonesia and some countries have poor safety and maintenance records, non-compliance of airworthiness directives and service bulletins, improper safety inspections and quality controls. FAA approvals are important to any civil airline operator as USA is one of their main destinations. Garuda at one time was banned from flying into European airports.

Aircraft maintenance is highly regulated. There are various airworthiness authorities around the world. The major airworthiness authorities include:

Regulation

Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC) China
Civil Aviation Authority (United Kingdom) (CAA)
Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) Australia
Directorate General of Civil Aviation (India) (DGCA) India
European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) Europe
Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) United States
Transport Canada (TC) Canada

Airworthiness Release

At the completion of any maintenance task a person authorized by the national airworthiness authority signs a release stating that maintenance has been performed in accordance with the applicable airworthiness requirements. In the case of a certified aircraft this may be an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer or Aircraft Maintenance Technician, while for amateur-built aircraft this may be the owner or builder of the aircraft

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It seems there is a conspiracy against the Indians by the west, no? In today's AWSJ.

I very much doubt it as air safety is the most important aspect of air travel. You won't wish to be flying in an aircraft belonging to an airline who is wishy-washy in maintaining their aircraft. That is where FAA and other regulatory bodies steps in to ensure our safety as an air traveler.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I very much doubt it as air safety is the most important aspect of air travel. You won't wish to be flying in an aircraft belonging to an airline who is wishy-washy in maintaining their aircraft. That is where FAA and other regulatory bodies steps in to ensure our safety as an air traveler.

I agree I wouldn't want to travel in an unsafe airline.

Anyway I just wanted to highlight in a single day in a single newspapaer India's airline and auto industry was criticized so looks like a rat.

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I agree I wouldn't want to travel in an unsafe airline.

Anyway I just wanted to highlight in a single day in a single newspapaer India's airline and auto industry was criticized so looks like a rat.

I have never flown Air India, have you? If you never have, I hope you will think twice about it after reading the reviews (I just did).

http://www.mouthshut.com/product-reviews/Air-India-reviews-925004252

http://www.airlineratings.com/passenger-reviews/38/air-india

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k6539166-Air_India_new_review_May_2013-Air_Travel.html

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/air_india.htm

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
India must stand up to USA's bullying.

I am glad India and China dont suck up to USA like the pap
Ah Neh still cannot forget their colonial masters. Every time see ah moh will act like a puppy.

As for banning air India, it is way overdue. Try it once and you will understand.

3 air India jokes

Why are most of the air India flights late(this is true)
Because the pilots talk to each other. Their head shaking as they speak, resulting in the plane flying left and right and not in a straight line.

Why did air India crash?
Someone turn on the music and the pilot aim straight for the trees.

During a long Air India flight, an Indian try to boost to an Asian on the greatness of India during a meal.
Before he eat his basmati rice he raise the spoonful of rice and shout rice of India!
Next he raise the onions and shouted vegetables of India!
Next he raises the lentils and shout beans of India!
Next he raised the yogurt and shouted yogurt of India!
With all those ingredients in his stomach, he gives a long loud and stinky fart.
The Asian stands up and shouted Air India!

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in the making for months. not coincidental to cavity search in a cobra's, oops sorry, khobra's yoni. :p

Air India had been around for decades...now FAA decide to downgrade them?? maybe they carry too much beg bugs, chino ku kuk virus..etc ha ha ha

sadshishamo

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
These downgrades dont happen arbitrarily. There are criteria to go by , warnings given and continuous monitoring for compliance.

Many things can cause downgrades. Many years ago MAS had a ' carry as little fuel as possible ' type policy and they used to land at thier destination airports with very low amounts of fuel, a very dangerous practice indeed ...all this being done in the name of cutting costs. Eventually the airport authorities in London had enough of this nonsense and threatened to downgrade and even bar MAS from operating into London and MAS eventually stopped this practice.
The industry joke then was MH = Minyak Habis.

Apart from fuel , poor maintenance by a carrier can also result in downgrades, a good example being Garuda. Again after many warnings, they never complied with regular and proper maintenance of their aircraft, often deferring repairs that were necessary. The result?....they were banned from entering European airspace for a number of years as their airlines were downgraded.

I dont know whats with the Indian Airlines downgrade as yet but I cant say I'm very surprised. The Indians may have the technology to launch satellites but their regular maintenance of aircraft equipment may not be up up to standards.

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
received this for ang pow.huat huh
warmer.jpg