• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Impressed by Tan Kin Lian

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
One has to admire him. You can see his commitment to Singapore. His is not a straightforward qualification but requires serious consideration by a committee. Yet he has stepped forward for Singapore. How many people that you and I know are as committed to Singapore?

Contrary to many innuendos circulating, he is truly independent. He was never a PAP MP or Minister. He therefore has no baggage. When he was CEO of NTUC Income, he twice turn down the post of MP, because he rightly knew that he could not do service to the workers' interest by taking another important role. Clearly not one too ingratiate himself.

In 2007 the moment he realised that PAP had changed, he immediately resigned. He did not share their values.

Singaporeans must be heartened by the fact that he has stated that he will safeguard our CPF and influence the investment decision of the state. It is not lost on many that the other two candidates have not made such claims. One could not help but notice the fact that many people have asked him to run while we do not see the same about the other two.

One particular trait that I rarely see in anyone else is the ability to engage with the common man. Comments have been made about the other two candidates but these two have refused to engage the people who made those comments. To me it shows that they have scant regard to the layman.

I am also not at all impressed with TT who thinks that he is so big that he casually walked into the Election Office and submitted his forms. There was no press conference, no checking if the reporters' microphones were ok. Tan Cheng Bock was even worse. No sense of urgency. Imagine the forms are yet to be submitted.

Tan Kin Lian is ready for the office of President and the office is ready for him. Notice the way he walked with his wife and a entourage of distinguished people to submit the forms. Now that shows conviction and puts paid to rumours that his wife and he were reluctant to commit to Singapore.

I am aware that this article shows a distinct bias but this is not for the lack of trying. Look at Tony Tan, no supporters when he submitted the form. Let's look at Tan Cheng Bock. Let's be candid and brutally honest. Did anyone see or hear him at Hong Lim Park during the mini bond crisis. Did he even speak at any of the opposition rallies. So why would anyone vote him in. Also poor manners. When someone takes the trouble to initiate discussions on avoiding three cornered fights, this guy gave no thought but showed his arrogance.

My vote is for Mr Tan Kin Lian. The workers' champion for 30 years. The white knight that saved many an investor by his timely and forceful intervention during the mini bond saga. He was also the chairman of the national dress committee for 7 years. I have kept the best to the last - his stand on abolishing the entry fee for Singaporeans for the two IRs. I see no reason why Singaporeans should be discriminated. We all should enjoy the features of the Integrated Resorts.

Tan Kin Lian - the People's President.

Last edited:

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I am more impressed by a mime mimicking another mine than TKL anytime of the time

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Looks like scroobal is fishing...waiting for the big one to swallow hook, line and sinker.

See if the big fish will bite...

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
can someone email Scroobal's article to TKL so that he can boast in his FB & blog that he have receive another 'positive' comment from the ground :wink::biggrin::rolleyes:

Last edited:

mollusk

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Haha..TKL must be in 7th heaven if he know Scroobal was "praising" him...

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
u cannot do it urself meh? ... :confused:
Actually, quite shocked when someone told me TKL is a "bastard", now even more shocked that TKL is been "praised"
But TKL is supposed to be IT survy and may be reading scroobal's praise even as i type.

fukyuman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will vote for Tan Kin Lian using the 'why not' test when the other 2 tans failed. Tancho Tan for his taste of the good life at the Istana and Tan Cheng Bock due to party ties he cannot cut just like that.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm still voting for TT ahead of him. :o

Disappointed with your decision:mad:, after what TKL has done for our nation.

Eventhough he disagreed with the pap policies, he endured and maintained his 30 years membership as a party cadre for the sake of NTUC Income and the common folks. It is very tough for a person to conduct themselves against their own values for so many years, I am glad he is still sane and offer himself to serve the nation as an EP:cool:

Can you do that:confused::mad:

I suggest you meditate over this, and hopefully find enlightenment.:mad:

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha.....just a reminder.
I was actually one of the six approached by papee to be EP.
As a kukubird, i rejected the offer.....otherwise TKL where got chance.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, I was guided by this checklist and put your personal bias aside

- people ask to run
- neutral
- engages with people
- service to workers
- take bus and MRT
- speak at rallies for opposition
- safeguard CPF
- influence state investments
- discounted salary
- press conference when submitting form

When I took a bath, do the prayer offerings and then did the checklist, only TKL made all the boxes. TT only ticked off on the neutral box. TCB was the worst, not a single tick.

You got to be honest to yourself if not no chance for 72 virgins.
I'm still voting for TT ahead of him. :o

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like most of you can join me in the kelong to catch fish.
Disappointed with your decision:mad:, after what TKL has done for our nation.

Eventhough he disagreed with the pap policies, he endured and maintained his 30 years membership as a party cadre for the sake of NTUC Income and the common folks. It is very tough for a person to conduct themselves against their own values for so many years, I am glad he is still sane and offer himself to serve the nation as an EP:cool:

Can you do that:confused::mad:

I suggest you meditate over this, and hopefully find enlightenment.:mad: