• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ilo Ilo - a heartwarming tale

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saw this film recently and was struck by one aspect.

The bond between a singo boy and his understanding maid.

Great story as it touched upon how singos relate warmly to foreigners who take care of them.

Kids are innocent....they know not about the difference between "ahnehs, fts, pinoy trash and ah tiongs"....they relate to people as people. I loved that observation.

Then of course these kids grow up in forums like these and become dickheads.

I found this aspect of the film striking...but soon after it dwindled into the mushy sago pudding of singo sentimentality.

I gave it 3 stars out of 5.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kids are innocent....they know not about the difference between "ahnehs, fts, pinoy trash and ah tiongs"....they relate to people as people. I loved that observation.

Most people tend to grow out of that once they reach the age of reason. Same with religion and patriotism and other mushy sentimentality stuff.

The cognitive skills children are yet to be fully formed.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Most people tend to grow out of that once they reach the age of reason. Same with religion and patriotism and other mushy sentimentality stuff.

The cognitive skills children are yet to be fully formed.

Sinkies do not have cognitive skills...cos they keep voting PAP as government at every GE.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
HOW ONE CAN GO THRU THIS MOVIE IS THE LAST THING I CAN UNDERSTAND................

i saw some shots of it on tv and i can't tahan liao.............

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think it was quite a good movie. I don't understand how it won the best movie at the Golden horse... but it was certainly one of the better movies I've seen.

Don't expect explosions, gun battles or car chases. It is a tale set in heartland Singapore during the AFC. All the characters have their own problems and shit keeps happening. I don't want to give anything away... but the final scene was the best and it made me understand why it got the standing ovation at europe.

4/5 for me.

NoNewsGood

Alfrescian
Loyal
This movie is CRAP!

It is just different segments of so-called "Singapore life" scenes chained together by a weak "story" - if you can really call that story.

I don't really understand how this kind of crap can win any awards.

Consolation was the acting by the actors was convincing.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

There should be a sequel where the boy reaches puberty and have explicit sex with the maid all the time. And then the parents join in to have a four-some. If got chio sister then becomes five-some.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There should be a sequel where the boy reaches puberty and have explicit sex with the maid all the time. And then the parents join in to have a four-some. If got chio sister then becomes five-some.

And end it with some tragic bittersweet ending where either the maid or boy dies.

You get a Cannes-worthy production.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I gave it 3 stars out of 5.

..this show wouLd haVe been much thriLLing if the Maid did something out of the Ordinary during the Bath scene
to the singo boy..:eek::smile:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think it was quite a good movie. I don't understand how it won the best movie at the Golden horse... but it was certainly one of the better movies I've seen.

Don't expect explosions, gun battles or car chases. It is a tale set in heartland Singapore during the AFC. All the characters have their own problems and shit keeps happening. I don't want to give anything away... but the final scene was the best and it made me understand why it got the standing ovation at europe.

4/5 for me.

Golden Horse was bought lah.............Mediacorp buy other awards also..........to promote the film since it's about a Filipino maid...........